The Kirk Herbstreit Challenge

Wireman

Yeah, earlier this year in this event, I want to say that De La Salle in California played Lakeland, Florida or something. There was also a highly ranked national team from Arkansas I think, played somebody. Sounds like some great football regardless.

De La Salle played (and spanked) Cincy Elder. Lakeland narrowly beat Cincy X.

Herbie 2006 matchups

Oh. I wasn't sure who played who. I just knew De La Salle and Lakeland was there.

To change the subject briefly, have you ever seen anything on De La Salle? I was not impressed with the school and stuff at all. Earlier this year, they played Mission Viejo(sp?) who was ranked #4 in the nation at the time. There was only an estimated 7,000 people there. Do you find that strange? I mean, #1 and #4 in the nation and they can only get 7,000? A weak attendance at the 4A game tonight had 10,000. And the stadium, I believe it was at Mission Viejo, had mostly standing room and a very small set of bleachers. I would venture to say that Rockcastle has as many seats as they had. I was just expecting more from California football powerhouses.

De La Salle as I remember from an ESPN report back when they were on a like 5-6 year winning streak or something. They are a very small Private School in Northern California. It was amazing what they were doing athletically with what they had to work with. I do not remember a lot about them but they are no where as big a school as the Cincy or Louisville Privates are.

De La Salle as I remember from an ESPN report back when they were on a like 5-6 year winning streak or something. They are a very small Private School in Northern California. It was amazing what they were doing athletically with what they had to work with. I do not remember a lot about them but they are no where as big a school as the Cincy or Louisville Privates are.

They acutally went undefeated from like '93 to '04 or someting like that. They had won well over 100 straight games. I'm not sure of the exact number without looking it up. But they've been "National Champs" like 5 or 6 times or something. I just expected more.

They acutally went undefeated from like '93 to '04 or someting like that. They had won well over 100 straight games. I'm not sure of the exact number without looking it up. But they've been "National Champs" like 5 or 6 times or something. I just expected more.

I went to the games this year and they were the best team at the event.......

They didn't look like much with the eye test. They just gave it all they had from the first whistle to the last.......I was very impressed with them.:thumb:

They didn't look like much with the eye test. They just gave it all they had from the first whistle to the last.......I was very impressed with them.:thumb:

That's actually what I thought about the 2000 Highlands team that came to the Rock. I looked at them and didn't think much about it because most of their players were smaller than our's. But 41-9 later, I knew different. It's like they were covered in vasoline. We couldn't tackle them.

Until they lost that first game in 2004 or 2005, the last time that they had lost was 12-7-1991 :eek:

Guess who was on that De La Salle team? Amani Toomer.

The 2006 version was GREAT. There were teams from Byrnes, SC; Lakeland, FL; Texarkana, TX; De La Salle, CA; Don Bosco Prep, NJ. As well as the Ohio schools--Colerain, St. X, Moeller, Centerville.

There were also 3 games in the Canton area on that Saturday as well. Hopefully we can make it back to the 2007 version.

To look at the team roster, De La Salle was undersized. But could they run their plays to perfection. I was very impressed with the team. They manhandled Elder despite the lack of size. Very good program that does with what they have. I have heard that their facilities are very poor compared to most schools.