The Kirk Herbstreit Challenge

Wireman

I went to the games this year and they were the best team at the event.......

They didn't look like much with the eye test. They just gave it all they had from the first whistle to the last.......I was very impressed with them.:thumb:

It was a good event. I went to Nippert Stadium on Friday night and watched Texarkana (Texas) play Findlay (Ohio) and then Colerain played Cardinal O'Hara (Philadelphia). It was fun to see some good teams from other areas play.

Lakeland plays St. Thomas Aquinas for the Florida 5A Championship Friday night at Dolphin Stadium in Miami. If the Dreadnaughts win it will be their 3rd straight title. The record for most consecutive championships in Florida is 4. In fact, the mosts championships period by a single school is 7 (Jax Bolles). With a win, Lakeland will move into a tie for second place with Jax University Christian with 6 titles and be in position to tie both the consecutive and total championship records next year.

Lakeland High School Football

Lakeland plays St. Thomas Aquinas for the Florida 5A Championship Friday night at Dolphin Stadium in Miami. If the Dreadnaughts win it will be their 3rd straight title. The record for most consecutive championships in Florida is 4. In fact, the mosts championships period by a single school is 7 (Jax Bolles). With a win, Lakeland will move into a tie for second place with Jax University Christian with 6 titles and be in position to tie both the consecutive and total championship records next year.

Lakeland High School Football

swamprat, did you watch this game? I watched the last 2 minutes of regulation and the 2 overtimes. I have never seen a comeback like the one by Aquinas. They scored 3 touchdowns in about a minute and a half.

swamprat, did you watch this game? I watched the last 2 minutes of regulation and the 2 overtimes. I have never seen a comeback like the one by Aquinas. They scored 3 touchdowns in about a minute and a half.

I watched up until halftime. I couldnt believe how it turned out when I heard Aquinas came back.

I'm afraid I was still at work. Just checked out the blog. I do want to see the Nease / Plant game tomorrow, though. I just have to figure out how to get to a TV.

Oh, yeah. Bolles won the 2A Championship last Saturday giving them 8 titles.

The Lakeland/STA game was unbelievable. 35 points in the fourth quarter, including 21 in under 2 minutes. That was just unreal. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Lakelands defense?

Oh well, big John Brown got a stop at the six inch line to save the game.

I'm afraid I was still at work. Just checked out the blog. I do want to see the Nease / Plant game tomorrow, though. I just have to figure out how to get to a TV.

I can't wait for the Nease/Plant game

Plant's team is one of my favorite teams I've ever watched.

Also, Marve is 15 completions, 220 yards, and 2 touchdowns from breaking the single season state mark in each category.

Oh. I wasn't sure who played who. I just knew De La Salle and Lakeland was there.

To change the subject briefly, have you ever seen anything on De La Salle? I was not impressed with the school and stuff at all. Earlier this year, they played Mission Viejo(sp?) who was ranked #4 in the nation at the time. There was only an estimated 7,000 people there. Do you find that strange? I mean, #1 and #4 in the nation and they can only get 7,000? A weak attendance at the 4A game tonight had 10,000. And the stadium, I believe it was at Mission Viejo, had mostly standing room and a very small set of bleachers. I would venture to say that Rockcastle has as many seats as they had. I was just expecting more from California football powerhouses.

There were not 10,000 fans there. Maybe 10,000 tickets sold but not anywhere near that there.