Montgomery Co. 53 Mason Co. 49

Great game at the Fieldhouse tonight. Indians lead most the way and a late surge comes up short for the Lady Royals. Bishop Brossart and Montgomery Co. tomorrow night at 7:30. The Indians have to be the clear cut favorite. They will have to learn from Paris and not take the Mustangs for granted to defend their crown.

Big win for the Indians. Won despite Danis playing only about 5-6 minutes and scoring 0 points in the second half due to foul trouble.

Lee and Webb led the Indians bench which outscored Mason's 23-2.

Big 10-0 run in the last 1:30 to 2 minutes of the first half gave the Indians a 2 point halftime lead.

Chambers is an outstanding player, the best in the region, and the Indians won this game because she only got 7 field goal attempts.

She went 6-7 from the field and 5-6 from the line. If she can get 13-15 attemps I think Mason probably wins the game.

Enjoyed watching the Indians pull out a big win.

Montgomery's bench was the deciding factor, as predicted. The Lady Indians go 9 deep and they can all play. When Danis was out with foul trouble they never missed a beat. Mason's starting 5 is probably more athletic than anyone else in the region, but like anyone else they need a break every once in a while. Montgomery's 10-0 run came when both Chambers girls were on the bench with 2 fouls late in the second quarter.

Montgomery is a fun team to watch; fundamentally sound. According to the post-game radio show, they out-rebounded Mason by 9, won the second-chance points battle 15-4, and only committed 10 turnovers during the game. Mason generally causes 20+ turnovers per game.

Congrats to the Lady Indians on a nice win, and also to the Lady Royals on a fine season.

I would put Lacey Cline up there in discussions of the best player in the region for next season.

Honostly I wasn't really impressed with her. She is a solid player, but seemed to get pretty frustrated, even though the calls all seemed to go her way?

I've watched her play 3 times over the past 2 years, and can tell she is solid, but she just doesn't seem to be great. She might not even start on Montgomery Co.