Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HOPKINSVILLE TIGER

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HOPKINSVILLE TIGER

  1. Tiger, it sounds like the new coaching staff is doing a good job with these kids. Change is what I thought they needed and it's helping the team thus far.
  2. Tiger, other than the two players listed for UHA there was not a lot of scoring from the rest of the team (13 points). I thought UHA would put up a better fight against Caldwell although I know Fraliex is hard to stop.
  3. Rickyp, is this Euton kid a freshman?
  4. Just like the past couple of years, the West doesn't get much credit or mentioning when it comes to Mr. Football threads on BGP but they ususlly show up when the votes actually get counted. Tandy like Micah Johnson last year and Curtis Pulley the year before did not lead their teams (albeit three good teams) to state so they don't get much credit. Like another posted stated the award is not always given to the best player on the best team, only the best player. I can't wait to see the voting and I'm sure Tandy will be near the top if not on top! It really doesn't hurt either that he just announced that he is attending West Virginia in the fall to play football!
  5. Hopkinsville 1984 State Champ were really good! Four Quarles brothers with Wendell leading the way, Lamont Ware, Maurice Mack (Josh' Dad) and about seven role players! Beat a lot of the so-called favorites that year!
  6. They lost a few but, they did reload with a couple of monsters to go along with Scotty Hopson. They will be big and quick this year!
  7. My son plays for that number 2 ranked team! I would love to see them get together and play a game against Male. None of my nephews or cousins had any luck against Male but I would love to see my son have a chance to beat them! Hoptown had them on the ropes a few times in the past few years but they were too strong in the end. Congratulations to Male for being ranked so high and I look forward to seeing them hoist a big trophy in a couple of weeks!
  8. I actually don't think sports should influence any tranfers whatsoever. However, I'm smart enough to know that this is happening now even though the KHSSA is geting better at stopping it and ruling players inelgbile. I know of a high school coach who was fired and had a son that played ball on his team. They didn't move and the coach still teaches at the school he was fired from coaching at but, his son has transferred to one of the schools across town. Albeit a college prep or private school the move was totally a basketball motivated move and the coach who was fired from school (A) is now assisting at school (B) where the son will play this season. Do anyone of you on there think this kid should play his senior year at the new school, sit out this year, or play with his old school? These are the cases where I think the KHSSA is slacking and there are so many people who know how to manipulate the sysyem and skirt around the rules.
  9. EasyPro, what's on the shirt on the avatar? Oh and Christain County wins by three TD's!
  10. I real sure your list will change after you see Scotty play!
  11. 3Wishes, don't count them out because of their record! They play a very tough schedule to start the season to get ready for 3A play. They are getting some players back now from injury and they will be in the hunt!
  12. Hop82, did the second half start or did the storm come in?
  13. Anyone out there have any updates for either Hoptown or Christain County?
  14. Tiger, now that we have all the kinks worked out and have started to get the injured players back, I think we should be ready to start turning this thing around next week!
  15. Tiger, I'll post what I can hear from the radio at my dad's but, I think he has decided to go to thte game. I will be calling him during the game now. My son plays here for Warren Central (defending 5A State Champs) but, they don't play until tomorrow so I will be home but normally I'd be somewhere in Indiana watching his team.
  16. Tiger please talk to these guys so I can hear these games with out calling there and having my father turn up the radio!
  17. Tiger, did Freshman QB Malcolm McDuffen play any at QB during this game?
  18. Ever hear of former Paducah football start Joe Casey? Elgible all season and drops out of school soon after their playoff run was over!
  19. I was at this game yesterday and was utterly disappointed when I left! There is no way that anyone can tell me that the players on the court yesterday represent the best high school boys ballers in Kentucky! In the entire STATE? I am not here to rag, I have the honor of residing in Indianapolis since retiring from the Army and I would never give in when discussing this game in the office with my die hard Hoosier co-workers, and then I saw the game! What I would like to know is does everyone or anyone out there think that Walt Allen is the best player this year in our state? The guys sitting around me were like if he is our best we will be in trouble for a long time to come. He rarely played and when in the hgame he was not close to being the best player on the court. This kid did absolutely nothing to help our team or its cause, nothing! I could understand if Mack, Slaughter, or Wilkerson wore number one because they actually showed that they can play and I can't say that about Walt. Around the fieldhouse people were asking how this guy was our Mr. Basketball and spent the majority of the game on the bench and didn't look too atlethic when he was on the court. The Indiana juniors are much better than this year's seniors so hopefully, we will put together a better team next year. I can say that in Western Kentucky I can count five guys that could have helped our team. Graves County, Marshall County, Trigg County and a couple of other schools all had players who cpuld have helped. All in all, I still walked out with my head held high with my Kentucky colors on!
  20. Glad to hear that, there is a ton of talent walking the streets of Hopkinsville as far as coaches are concerned!
  21. Let's get on with it, hopefully things will be okay with this coach.
  22. I'm thinking the same thing Tiger, his son probably would not be the star that his dad thinks he would be there next year. I'm sure they will move on and he'll end up teaching somewhere near his home in Hopkins County.
  23. I seriously thought Hayes would end up over in Hokins County somewhere or at one of the small schools still looking for coaches. I'm saying this because his son will still be there competing for time on the court with a coach he doesn't live with.
  24. Hard to beleive that Amp wants to come over and be a Tiger!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.