Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 94 Kentucky 66

Featured Replies

Mike Conley lead the Indiana boys to a sweep over the Bluegrass state Saturday night at Conseco Fieldhouse. Conley had 11 points and 14 assists.

 

Tyler Wilkerson lead Kentucky with 16, Eastern product Robert Buckner added 11. AJ Slaughter scored 9 points.

Mr. Basketball with a total of 5 pts. over two games. Outstanding.

I was at this game yesterday and was utterly disappointed when I left! There is no way that anyone can tell me that the players on the court yesterday represent the best high school boys ballers in Kentucky! In the entire STATE? I am not here to rag, I have the honor of residing in Indianapolis since retiring from the Army and I would never give in when discussing this game in the office with my die hard Hoosier co-workers, and then I saw the game! What I would like to know is does everyone or anyone out there think that Walt Allen is the best player this year in our state? The guys sitting around me were like if he is our best we will be in trouble for a long time to come. He rarely played and when in the hgame he was not close to being the best player on the court. This kid did absolutely nothing to help our team or its cause, nothing! I could understand if Mack, Slaughter, or Wilkerson wore number one because they actually showed that they can play and I can't say that about Walt. Around the fieldhouse people were asking how this guy was our Mr. Basketball and spent the majority of the game on the bench and didn't look too atlethic when he was on the court. The Indiana juniors are much better than this year's seniors so hopefully, we will put together a better team next year. I can say that in Western Kentucky I can count five guys that could have helped our team. Graves County, Marshall County, Trigg County and a couple of other schools all had players who cpuld have helped. All in all, I still walked out with my head held high with my Kentucky colors on!

Where is Robert Buckner going to college?

Classy posts taking shots at a good kid like Walt. :rolleyes: You don't base Mr Basketball on what someone may or may not do in the Ky/Ind All Star games (2 games). It doesn't look much like anyone for KY stepped up to this challenge. The Hoosiers just kicked our butts and without Oden.

OK Ky high school basketball officially stinks. Can it get even worse? Why no good teams and players any more? I don't get it football keeps getting better. Is that the reason?

  • Author
Classy posts taking shots at a good kid like Walt. :rolleyes: You don't base Mr Basketball on what someone may or may not do in the Ky/Ind All Star games (2 games). It doesn't look much like anyone for KY stepped up to this challenge. The Hoosiers just kicked our butts and without Oden.

 

Good kid or not, he didnt deserve Mr. Basketball period.

He may be a good kid but he in now way deserved the title of Mr. Basketball. As HT stated he did absolutely nothing to help the cause of the Kentucky team. AJ Slaughter appears to have been robbed. At least he avg. 15 pts. a game against All Star level competition. Allen appears to have been invisbile. Were it not for the #1 on his jersey, his name wouldn't even be mentioned in both of the game threads.

Mr. Basketball in KY is not about being the best player in the state, because it has a requirement that you must be a senior to win it. It is all politics.

It is all about politics. Slaughte was the best player in the state this year and it is a shame that we send all star teams out to represent the state and tote on of the worse players on the team as Mr. Basketball. The problem is the "good old boy system" that dominates the Kentucky Mr. Basketball vote. All it takes, as we saw this year, is the boys from the mountains get together and decide they are gonna vote for "one of their own" and you get this type of disgrace. Allen may be a good kid and may lead prayers after every game he plays in but he wasn't good enough to be on the floor with any of those kids from Indiana.

Good kid or not, he didnt deserve Mr. Basketball period.
I agree 100%. Have you noticed that the biggest arguement "for" Allen is that he is a great kid. There are a ton of great kids who were good high school players, but they didn't win any awards let alone the Mr. Basketball award. If he was our best, we are down; way, way, way down.

Indiana would have won these two games no matter who the Mr Basketball was. You all want to penalize Walt Allen for being an overachiever? He worked hard to accomplish what every high school kid in Kentucky dreams of doing..

I was at Rupp arena when he led South Laurel to the State championship, he's had numerous successes on the floor, is he the states best athlete? Not by a long shot, but he adds more intangibles to a team than any other player of 2008 and maybe thats why he got the votes for Mr Basketball. He has been a winner on the floor and will be in a bigger winner in life. I am proud to have him as my Mr Basketball for 2008!

Give me 4 more just like him and lets play

I like my chances against anyone -- in Kentucky

I seem to remember Fletch predicting this back in March ... good call.

  • Author
I seem to remember Fletch predicting this back in March ... good call.

 

 

Was it that hard to predict? Especially when we thought Oden would be playing back in March.

  • Author
Indiana would have won these two games no matter who the Mr Basketball was. You all want to penalize Walt Allen for being an overachiever? He worked hard to accomplish what every high school kid in Kentucky dreams of doing..

I was at Rupp arena when he led South Laurel to the State championship, he's had numerous successes on the floor, is he the states best athlete? Not by a long shot, but he adds more intangibles to a team than any other player of 2008 and maybe thats why he got the votes for Mr Basketball. He has been a winner on the floor and will be in a bigger winner in life. I am proud to have him as my Mr Basketball for 2008!

Give me 4 more just like him and lets play

I like my chances against anyone -- in Kentucky

 

 

We're in 2006 my friend :thumb:

 

Nobody is saying he should be penalized for being an overachiever or a good kid, thats great. The bottom line is just that he didnt deserve the award of Mr. Basketball

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.