Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HOPKINSVILLE TIGER

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HOPKINSVILLE TIGER

  1. I hope to see a good game and hopefully Christain County keeps it close enough that they think they can win it in the end!
  2. Scotty actually had a terrible game and the box score does not show it. Trust me I'm from Hoptown and a Scotty fan but, he did not play well at all. It seems like he turned the ball over every other time that he touched it. Mack was the best player on the court for us last nite. We should have won this game, without the turnovers we were the best team on the court.
  3. Mid 11's are middle school times for the most part here in Indianapolis.
  4. That's a really good explanation of the difference. Really I never stopped to think about the population when I started the thread, I was merely comparing the two neighoring states. After my son failed to qualify here and his times and jumps were much higher and faster than most of the winners in Kentucky I started this thread. His cousins really gave it to him also because they made it to state in their events.
  5. Florida has absolutely nothing to do with this, I'm talking neighboring states that get equal weather and have about the same time to train outdoors. Everyday barring a Hurricane is a good day to train in Florida. Why you are at it, look at the Indiana times and look at the Florida highschool winners and see if you still think this way. Several Indiana atlethes would have won or placed in several events while very few Kentucky atlethes who won events would not have placed here in Indiana. It was not my intent to start an argument, I'm from Kentucky and competed there in three sports as a kid, I just wanted to know what others thought.
  6. Although my son competed in the Iindiana state games I had a cousin to compete there in Kentucky. The boys time really amaze me, I don't think any of your winners would have placed here in Indiana. I debated this with the Hopkinsville coach and he doesn't have an answer but, I often wonder why kids there in Kentucky have much slower times. I'm definitely not ragging on my state, when I ran in Kentucky I thought I was flying but once I came accross the border i saw a big difference. My son jumped 6'5" in the high jump and didn't make it out of region (he has a team mate who jumps 6'11") 20'10" didn't make it in the long jump either. The 100M was won in 10.47 (10.9 didn't medal) and the 400M 47.62, 50.22 didnt place in the top 9. Simply amazes me, hopefully someone will help me out
  7. Scribe or another mod please close this thread. I just got back into town and after posting I see that there is another thread already started.
  8. Will play his college basketball at St. Johns University next year!
  9. So there are people in the state that actually have Scotty as the 3rd best player in the state? Not sure how it's even remotely possible but as I respect all opinions, I will have to respect the one's here also!
  10. Congrats to Hopson! I presonally think he should have swept the state awards althoug Miller is a great player. I also wouldn't place Mack ahead of Hopson either but, thats JMO.
  11. Who would any coach vote for if he couldn't vote for his own player in the 2nd? Obviously, each of them played against Hopson or saw him play and to not vote for him only solidifys my thoughts of things from the past haunting UHA, it's not Scotty at all!
  12. Only if I were as lazy, maybe I too would be able to ink a multiple million dollar contract in a few years!
  13. Call Scotty lazy if you will, I'm sure he will be okay as many of your team's players will be.
  14. If they were honest and unbiased, Scotty would have been the hands down winner! I'm amazed at how things happen in our little part of the state.
  15. I understand your question fully but, just hanging out here on BGP you see and hear it on a daily basis just pick a thread on most days. We can't be so naive to think this has nothing to do with the decision made here. Remember Greg Buckner, Isiah Victor, Lamont Barnes? All from UHA, all D-1 big college recruits! Thats all I'll say about that:sssh:
  16. It may not be Hopson at all, if anyone is really familar with the 2ND region and University Heights you would understand! Maybe it's not that the coachs feel a certain way about Hopson, but the school itself! Everyone knows that Scotty is the best player in the 2ND hands down but no one is going to vote UHA too fast. His teammate should have been a close second to Scotty also!
  17. If the father said absolutely nothing, I would garautee that the negative things he spoke of would still run wild through BGP. He may as well say what he wants because people on here will say it for him anyway! That's just the BGP way, especially when it comes to Rose Hill or any decent player transferring.
  18. ^^This also helps! They will make some noise if they get in! Hopefully, the other bench won't relax when they see the record or they will be down 30 wondering what happened!
  19. ^^ Its possible they have as much talent as any team in the state! Don't let the record fool anyone here they can play with anybody in the state right now!
  20. This was a great game, my hats are off to both teams!
  21. Actually Hopkinsville beat UHA their first meeting, Christain County did not beat UHA this year! Madisonville will have a hard time beating Christain County next year with or without hood!
  22. If UHA meets up with Christain County again it will be a tough game. Christain County beat them once and really had control of the last game until the 4th quarter. They are a hard playing team with some of the state's top talented young players! If they do lose again to UHA the next few seasons will be there's to lose as they have freshmen and sophomores for the most part.
  23. Hopefully Hopkinsville knocks them off! I want to see Hopkinsville or Christain County make the dance.
  24. Scribe, I absolutely applaud your opinion however, I will have further comments pending the outcome of the vote:sssh:
  25. I think the award will go to Hopson, and not because we are both from Hopkinsville but it is, what it is. As I said in my earlier post, it will be hard to keep the award from the player with so much talent and publicity right or wrong. I see a lot of fans of other good players calling Scotty lazy and it has spread throughout BGP even guys who haven't seen Scotty play has adapted the opinion of those who have labled him. I will go on the record as saying that if Scotty signs with Mississippi State, UK, U of L, Ohio State or Kentucky Christain, he will win it! This is still only my opinion and I am excercising it, Scotty will win it! I went through this a few years back in football when Pulley won it, seems like people in other parts of the state who out number the Westerners think our guys don't have a chance for probably biased reasons but, in the end as I say when the votes come out we are winners. I'll save any further comments until the award winner is announced!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.