Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hopson wins AP POY

Featured Replies

Scotty Hopson won the assosiated press player of the year.

 

First Team All State

Hopson

Miller

Mack

Slone

Hood

 

Second Team All State

Edmondson

Henderson

Morris

Novosel

Stepp

 

I personally thought Miller should have been POY!

^

 

Ditto.

 

I think Miller got the best award in Mr. Basketball.

 

He got the bigger of the two rings as well. Both will be good college players but Hopson has the advantage as far as making it to the NBA.

Scotty Hopson won the assosiated press player of the year.

 

First Team All State

Hopson

Miller

Mack

Slone

Hood

 

Second Team All State

Edmondson

Henderson

Morris

Novosel

Stepp

 

I personally thought Miller should have been POY!

 

I think Miller is the better high school player because of his strength advantage and he plays harder (right now). But Hopson is more athletic and longer, probably a better handle too. I think Scotty will step up the effort in college.

They're both exceptional players. I think Miller should have got it. Congrats to Hopson.

I think you can make a case for Mack above Hopson ...

Stepp on the second team???

Congrats to Hopson! I presonally think he should have swept the state awards althoug Miller is a great player. I also wouldn't place Mack ahead of Hopson either but, thats JMO.

Congrats to Hopson! I presonally think he should have swept the state awards althoug Miller is a great player. I also wouldn't place Mack ahead of Hopson either but, thats JMO.

 

Who would have thought?

 

It can really be a toss up between those 3 great players.

I think you can make a case for Mack above Hopson ...

 

I agree with you.

So there are people in the state that actually have Scotty as the 3rd best player in the state? Not sure how it's even remotely possible but as I respect all opinions, I will have to respect the one's here also!

I'd say that the biggest factor in Hopson getting the POY over Miller was that votes had to be submitted before the state tourney.

So there are people in the state that actually have Scotty as the 3rd best player in the state? Not sure how it's even remotely possible but as I respect all opinions, I will have to respect the one's here also!

 

I believe his performance this year was not better than Darius Miller or Shelvin Mack. Miller and Mack both played a lot harder than Hopson did and on the defensive end there is no comparison. If you watched Mack you know he is a great defender who probably also got 4 or 5 steals a game. Miller would also block shots and rebound very well. If you are going to rank players on potential in college like these recruiting services do then he is the #1 player in the state. If you are giving an award based on performance his senior year then he was not the best player in the state at that.

Could have gone to any of the "big three" in my opinion. Congratulations to Hopson!

 

I don't think there's any doubt that Miller's Sweet 16 performance cemented the Mr. Basketball honor.

Hopson was also named to the 2008 USA Today high school boys' basketball All-USA 3rd team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.