Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HOPKINSVILLE TIGER

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HOPKINSVILLE TIGER

  1. Christain County should come out guns blazing and win this one by 10 or more!
  2. If Christain County and Scott County both win their first round games and play each other in the 2nd round, it will be a great game with some really good talent on the floor! IMO, just my opinion, the winner of this game if it takes place will be a threat to win it all!
  3. Christain County will bring back nearly it's entire team as they only have a few seniors and McDuffen is a UK football guy who really isnt key but a big part of this team!
  4. The entire Christain COunty team will be exciting to watch and to keep up with! Anthony Hickey is lightening quick and Shaquill Wilson is a very savy player along with Donovan Kates, Kevontae Lewis, Bubba Tandy and many more! each of these guys are Juniors as well! Now that Holmes will not be their first round opponent they may surprise a few teams!
  5. Regardless of what region Male plays in I'm sure there are stronger teams, I mean at 11-12 it only means that they play the good teams without much success!
  6. My keybord had issues yesterday seems that I made a few spelling errors but, the CCHS has too many weapons mixed with speed so Hopkinsville will definitely have to be on their game to even keep it close! They will also have to keep their tempers in check, their best two players are no strangers to techinal fouls, Davis, and Mason! So while my heart is with the Tigers of Hopkinsville I have two cousins on the Christain County team so I just hope they both play hard, have fun and may the best team tonite win!
  7. CCHS has to many weapons but because of the crosstown rivary hype the game wil be hotly contested and close! CCHS 84 HHS 77
  8. I like Christain County in this one haven't seen Mason but know they are always well coached and ready to play! Look for this to be a close game but CC pulls out a close win. Hickey, Kates and Wilson will be huge! I remember making that trip in 1983 and it wasn't the long ride that doomed my Hopkinsville team it was the officials and Ashland's Chuck Cantrell equally!
  9. Really good time to wait for this game! I can remember a time when this statement would never be made! You have every right though!
  10. Back to the first point I was trying to make, my son is a decent runner and would probably finish very high or win several events at the Kentucky State meet but he only runs as a reserve and he goes 50.5 in the 400, 11.3 in the 100, and 22.8 in the 200, not blazing times but decent so he runs the relays. Colleges look for him to participate in one of the multi-event events.
  11. My son's teammate and fellow a high jumper (7'1") got 50% from Purdue and will be jumping in the Big Ten next year and with training the olympics!
  12. Great point, until I started going on track recruiting visits this year with my son I never knew that Division I track programs all have the same number of schooarships, 12.5 versus football and basketball which have more that three per starting position. My son was offered and accepted a 30% scholarship to Indiana State University for the first year and the funds for the remainder of his college are based on performance. I had n idea that track programs had to spread 12.5 full rides over about 80 members. Went to U of L, Purdue, ISU, SIU, Western Kentucky and got the same story.
  13. Kids qualify with very slow times in sprints and distance and short heights and distances. There should probably be a state standard that a kid has to achieved just to make it to staet similar to how we do it here in Indiana. 10.93 in the 100, 22.19 in the 200, 48.93 in the 400, 6'51/4" in the high jump, 21'9" long jump, 14.75 high hurdles, 39.13 in the lows, 42.66 400 relay, and these are the standards that have to be met prior to participating in the state meet. Standards are set by using the 9th place finishers times, heights, and distances the past three years as an average. So these times probably will be the times of the 9th place male at this year's state meet. My son jumped 6'7" and was 8th in the high jump
  14. I hate to say that I live here in Indianapolis and I love Kentucky but, i don't think we will have any chance of beating the talented group of Indiana All Stars! I have the pleasure of watching one of Hopkinsville's best participate and I will definitely be in the house when they play here in Indianapolis. Although, I'm 6'3" tall I have always been one to say that size isn't everything but, Indiana has some talented high school seniors and I don't even thin our Kentucky boys can even keep it close. I'll still be there rooting my bluegrass boys on!
  15. Back in the early 80's I was caught dunking during warm ups as the refs were coming onto the floor and was assessed a "T" to start the game and the Christain County player dropped 2 free thows. Needless to say it turned out to be my worse nightmare! In the huddle, Coach Hallmark said "we had better not lose by 2 son" and we lost by "1". I felt really stupid and the entire city said we lost because of the techincal, so I can see where people are coming from albeit a different situation.
  16. You my friend will be very, very surprised! These guys actually play ball down there and this won't be anything thats different than any other game they have played this year! CCHS 78 Holmes 71
  17. Depending on which Christain County team that shows up the tourney can chage quickly if Holmes goes down. If Christain County can get past Holmes (will be hard) they can do what many think Holmes could do! Size will be the only thing that bothers Christain County but, our 1985 Hopkinsville team had a 6'3" Center (Lamont Ware) and we took it to seven footers on down and couldn't be stopped! Should be a good tourney and I wish all the teams and the young men who made it this far the best of luck! There will only be one Champion but there aren't any loser in this group of teams that make up this year's tourney!
  18. They are getting better, Bryan Station and PRP were two losses prior to this win they played well in both and had a bad 2nd half against PRP.
  19. Hickey played in Clarksville, Tennessee last year maybe thats the reason but, he is a great football player as well as basketball player, Donovan is my 2nd cousin I'm not sure why I left him off. If you remember the early 80s I had a cousin who played at Hopkinsville name James Tandy who played at Texas and East Tennessee, Donovan is his nephew
  20. Hickey from Christain County
  21. They shouldn't have any problems at Madisonville, Hood is a one man show and he is not going to win many. He got some wins early but they will all be revenged the second time around. He is a great player but I don't think many teams are going to let him alone beat them this late in the season.
  22. Christain County is going to be hard to beat not that they are clicking on all cylinders. They will be tested tonight, I'm hoping they come out of it with a "W"
  23. Christain County has all of their basketball players back from football and should be a much better team now!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.