Everything posted by rockmom
-
Trinity/Bishop Gorman
As it currently stands, the whole team is are to travel. I don't think exposure is a good enough reason to leave half your team behind. It is NOT college.
-
Trinity/Bishop Gorman
Yeah...well...you are one fan. I was a parent of a player once. I would not have been able to go out there to see them play. Many parents are like me. We forego vacations to send our kids to Trinity. How do you take only 50 if you have 100 who are a big part of the success of the program? Trinity football isn't Collegiate or NFL. It is high school. It may help enrollment. But Trinity isn't just football. And Trinity football is for the kids of Trinity, not the fans.
-
Trinity/Bishop Gorman
Well, there is the expense of housing and feeding a team the size of Trinity's. The travel cost is only a small part of it. Let's assume they get flight covered. They'd need at least 50-75 hotel rooms, there's 2-3 meals on travel day, 2-3 on game day, and 2-3 on the return day. I say 2-3 because they could possibly house in a hotel that includes breakfast. Even if they could get rooms at, let's say $100/night per room (not very likely in Vegas or California), that's 5-7,500 plus taxes, probably in the 17% range. I don't even want to speculate about food. The thought of paying to feed ~100+ teenage football players makes me shudder. Then, you'll lose the fans. Contrary to popular belief, most fans will not travel that far. And it would be a REAL hardship for most parents.
-
Should certain programs choose not to play for state title?
Simply put:. No.
-
BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want :)
RO is definitely on the money. :lol2:
-
BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want :)
Noooo....I have some couth! I have a glass.
-
BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want :)
Up.
-
BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want :)
Bought myself a bottle of Copper & Kings Floodwall Apple Brandy today and it is GOOOOD!
-
Doss/Fern Creek Updates
I'm pulling for the Dragons!
-
BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want :)
Well, what I buy is more "regular" milk than what most people drink. I buy whole milk. It may be all in my head, but the whole organic milk has much better flavor than the jugs of whole milk. But the absolute BEST milk is the non-homogenized milk. That is as close as it gets to the milk I used to drink as a kid. My grandparents had a milk cow and we always had fresh, whole milk.
-
BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want :)
Exactly. I also buy whole milk, not that watery % stuff. When I can find it, I'll buy the non-homogenized milk. I LOVE that milk.
-
BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want :)
I buy organic milk and it's good for at least a month.
-
Doss/Male Updates
Is this at Doss or Male?
-
BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want
My 4 year old granddaughter has 2 "bolleyball" games this weekend. And people want to know why Catholic school kids are good at sports. :lol2:
-
BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want
@bugatti this is for you TMZ
-
BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - Talk about anything you want
WARNING:: NSFW My daughter sent me this headline...seems it was interesting, if not eventful. :lol: TMZ
-
Trinity at Ryle updates (Scrimmage)
Surely to God you had more interesting things to discuss than me.
-
Former Trinity Asst Football and Head Baseball Coach Joe Fowler has passed away
Many prayers, ths!
-
Ditching an email account and going with another ?
Gmail is my vote.
-
Acorns Investment App
Yes. I used my Acorn investment money to pay for my appraisal and home inspection and a washer and dryer when I bought my house. It takes a few days to process through. Make sure you don't need the money tomorrow and you'll be fine.
-
Trinity releases 2017 schedule
Going to be a fun season! Waiting for you-know-who to come in and tell us how crappy this schedule is. :lol2:
-
KHSAA Football Finals Moved to UK for 2017 & 2018
I don't have an issue with the move. I would not call UK the crown jewel though. Maybe they have more fans, but that doesn't make UK the crown jewel of football. I, too, hope there is great fan support and it is successful. Because this is for the kids.
-
Stanford visits Doss High School today
That is HUGE! Big strides are being taken at Doss! Congratulations, Coach!
-
Proud dad moment
Way to go! You are to be congratulated too! Your role as parent is a huge part of his success!
-
BGP QOTD: What is your favorite poor person meal?
Choices I always have available: Pasta with olive oil, onion garlic and parmesan chesee Pasta with marinara Roasted Brussels sprouts Brown Rice with Black Beans, corn, diced tomatoes, onion, cumin, chili powder, shredded cheddar. And I can make a roasted deli chicken last for over a week. I'm kind of the queen of eating well on a poverty budget.