Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

highschoolsportsfan

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan

  1. You might try this link: http://kentuckybasketballcoaches.org/
  2. In other threads you have said he does no coaching at all! So he would have plenty of time to officiate the game if that is the case.
  3. That's all for me in this thread. Those who know me, know I take up for officials, and to a fault sometimes, but I have been there and know how tough it is. You have your opinions, I have mine, I will hush before I say something really stupid!!! My grandpa always said to not mean mouth someone doing their job if I was not willing to do it myself. Good advice from a great man! I leave you with that.
  4. And tonight's game will not be decided by some sanctimonious fans who think they could do a better job calling a game from the stands!
  5. Not saying they are corrupt or that they would deliberately call differently because of your posts, they are more professional than that. But if you were questioned about your job in a public forum, in the back of your mind you might remember it at some point. If a parent got on here and questioned playing time for their kid, a coach might be less likely to give that kid playing time. Food for thought! KHSAA is always looking for good officials. Gather up those fans around you, get a few applications and let er rip. You know the web address I am sure to find an app!
  6. You have your opinion, I have mine. Elliott is a fine ball club, I just think they play very hard nose, get in your face defense that lends itself to physical play. East plays great defense as well, I just think Elliott is more physical, especially out front.
  7. I was at half court on the Bair call, they got it right. Barnhill and Bonner beat on EACH OTHER all night. The charge on Thomas down the stretch was worse than the charge called on Johnson, you didn't mention that one. You guys know I am an East "fan" as much as I can be when on the air and root for them like gang busters when I am not on the air. The play was physical but I felt, for the most part, the officiating was consistent. I did mention earlier that the "taller" official was a replacement. If you go back and watch the film, see how many of those calls he made (or didn't make). By the way, 2 of those officials who called the East game last night will be calling the game tonight and I am pretty sure there are a few officials from the 9th region who are BGPer's. Fans are not endearing themselves to them by getting on here and bashing!!!
  8. I really think Elliott Co is much more physical than East Carter. I think that if the officials "let the rough stuff go" it favors Elliott. Elliott has shot 49 free throws in 2 games, East has shot 36. Rose Hill shot 17 free throws in 2 games. Last night, Elliott Co shot 19 free throws, Rose Hill shot 9.
  9. Matters little what I say, the old ha....uh...Ms Liberty is always on my case! And I don't think she knows that much about basketball, probably thinks a double dribble is when she spills her Geritol liquid twice before bedtime!
  10. What were you shaking your head about last night???
  11. Please don't hold back, let us know how you really feel???
  12. He did a great job in the 16th region tourney!!! Very good official.
  13. Maybe you should stop coaching and start officiating. It has been my experience that most coaches think they could do better, but never give it a try. Maybe we should just give each coach a whistle and let them call the games from the bench. Heck, give me one and I will make a few calls from the broadcast booth!!!!
  14. Brandon is at East Carter as well. He took over 6 years ago when Charles retired.
  15. I don't think Elliott Co is the underdog in this matchup. They have been ranked number 1 in the region all season long.
  16. I feel the need to qualify this by saying this is the 16th Region Coach of the Year. The KABC picks one for each region.
  17. Quite often we see what we want to see. I would hate to hear your assessment had East Carter lost.
  18. Well, you have at least one friend on here!!! As long as you keep saying nice things about me at least!!!!:thumb:
  19. Now that's funny right there!!!
  20. 4th game! The first time ever for an All 62nd District Regional Final! This one will be a dandy, not gonna pick a winner, because I feel it's too close to call! Either team will represent the 16th Region and 62nd District very well. We will have it on the air, as always, beginning at 6:30!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.