East Carter 46 Ashland 36

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had picked Ashland in an upset, the Tomcats narrowed a one time 14pt. lead to 4 but no closer.

Congrats to East on the win and good luck in the finals.

Ashland kids have nothing to hang their heads over, the Tomcats made a heck of a push towards the end of the season and finished up playing well.

Pretty much as expected. Can Elliott complete their end of the deal and give us the district rematch? Getting ready to find out...

Very intresting rematch if it happens but we still have to wait a couple of hours.....

Congrats the the East Carter Radiers in advancing to Regional Finals:thumb:

Thanks to these Tomcats for showing real grit at the end of this season. Sure, its not what anyone expected, but the way you guys have played the last games of this season makes me proud to be a TOMCAT! Good luck to our seniors!!!

Great win for the Raiders, they had to play through alot of physical play tonight. I almost missed the 16th region officials tonight. This was one of the worst performances I have seen by the men in stripes. I am curious to see how Go Radio felt about this. Ashland played very hard, just couldn't get over the proverbial hump. Great effort nonetheless by both teams! Go get'em tomorrow night East!!!!

Great win for the Raiders, they had to play through alot of physical play tonight. I almost missed the 16th region officials tonight. This was one of the worst performances I have seen by the men in stripes. I am curious to see how Go Radio felt about this. Ashland played very hard, just couldn't get over the proverbial hump. Great effort nonetheless by both teams! Go get'em tomorrow night East!!!!

Not gonna bait me into bad mouthing officials. I will say this, the "tall" official referred to in a previous thread was a substitute official. I thought the game was very physical, it got ugly at times which makes it very difficult to officiate. I honestly felt like it was consistent for the most part. Were there some missed calls? Absolutely! But I look for consistency and, for the most part, I think the men in stripes were consistent. The 9th region officials allow a little more contact than do our 16th officials, but if they do it on both ends, you'll not hear me gripe (too much!!!!).

After watching both teams for the first time, I think Thomas for Ashland is a good player, but not used until too late in the game, where he started forcing every shot. If used properly, he could have had a better night.

East Carter Center was impressive, especially knowing someone said he was a Sophomore. I was mostly impressed with the Jackson kid from East, great basketball skills. Points are not always the most important stat. I seen him on quite a few defensive plays that he created a turnover and a few great assist.

Congratulations to East Carter, should be a good game against Elliott County in the championship.

After watching both teams for the first time, I think Thomas for Ashland is a good player, but not used until too late in the game, where he started forcing every shot. If used properly, he could have had a better night.

East Carter Center was impressive, especially knowing someone said he was a Sophomore. I was mostly impressed with the Jackson kid from East, great basketball skills. Points are not always the most important stat. I seen him on quite a few defensive plays that he created a turnover and a few great assist.

Congratulations to East Carter, should be a good game against Elliott County in the championship.

Good eye! Jackson had 4 assists and 5 steals tonight!

Not gonna bait me into bad mouthing officials. I will say this, the "tall" official referred to in a previous thread was a substitute official. I thought the game was very physical, it got ugly at times which makes it very difficult to officiate. I honestly felt like it was consistent for the most part. Were there some missed calls? Absolutely! But I look for consistency and, for the most part, I think the men in stripes were consistent. The 9th region officials allow a little more contact than do our 16th officials, but if they do it on both ends, you'll not hear me gripe (too much!!!!).

GoRadio have you ever considered running for any kind of offfice? :D

That post was a perfect "political correct" statement. I love it!! You have my vote for whatever you may run for.:lol:

By the way, I agree with you on all you can ask for is consistent calls on both ends of the floor. ;) There are a couple around the 16th that do not do that (that is another story though).

GoRadio have you ever considered running for any kind of offfice? :D

That post was a perfect "political correct" statement. I love it!! You have my vote for whatever you may run for.:lol:

By the way, I agree with you on all you can ask for is consistent calls on both ends of the floor. ;) There are a couple around the 16th that do not do that (that is another story though).

I wouldn't run for the county line!! Make enough enemies on here, would make many more in politics!!!!