East Carter 46 Ashland 36

I wouldn't run for the county line!! Make enough enemies on here, would make many more in politics!!!!

:laugh: So would I. For the record, I think that you have far more friends on here than enemies. Keep doing what you are doing and don't change a thing.:thumb:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: So would I. For the record, I think that you have far more friends on here than enemies. Keep doing what you are doing and don't change a thing.:thumb:

Now, me on the other hand..........there have been moments :sssh::lol:. I am trying though.:D

Well, you have at least one friend on here!!! As long as you keep saying nice things about me at least!!!!:thumb:

Not gonna bait me into bad mouthing officials. I will say this, the "tall" official referred to in a previous thread was a substitute official. I thought the game was very physical, it got ugly at times which makes it very difficult to officiate. I honestly felt like it was consistent for the most part. Were there some missed calls? Absolutely! But I look for consistency and, for the most part, I think the men in stripes were consistent. The 9th region officials allow a little more contact than do our 16th officials, but if they do it on both ends, you'll not hear me gripe (too much!!!!).

I agree, they were consistent, consistently bad. If one of those guys is one of the best in the state, and called many state tourney's, then the game has passed him by. II also know he may have had a few AIT's in his past, and after last night, may get many more. It's rare to win, and still feel so strongly about the officiating, but that was the consensus at Ellis T. Johnson arena last night.

I agree, they were consistent, consistently bad. If one of those guys is one of the best in the state, and called many state tourney's, then the game has passed him by. II also know he may have had a few AIT's in his past, and after last night, may get many more. It's rare to win, and still feel so strongly about the officiating, but that was the consensus at Ellis T. Johnson arena last night.

Quite often we see what we want to see. I would hate to hear your assessment had East Carter lost.

I'll go with GoRadio. They were consistent. Maybe consistently bad, but atleast consistent. They let each team completely beat the heck out of each other. If you stayed and watched the second game it got worse. As for the game. I couldn't more proud of a bunch of kids. They've practiced and played hard all year. I'm truly honored in saying that I've had this opportunity with them for the last several months, and for the seniors years. But hey, the Sun is shining. Which is always nice.

Quite often we see what we want to see. I would hate to hear your assessment had East Carter lost.

My assessment would have been no different. I am pretty certain the game film would back me up. Jump ball when Johnson is undercut in mid air, charge on Johnson after steal when defender is doing the limbo, foul on Barnhill at halfcourt when the ball is knocked out of his hands, out of bounds on East after an Ashland airball and 2 East players let it bounce out on purpose, Barnhill rode like a horse all game, Bonner running over Johnson with a dip of the shoulder no call, East saves the ball back in bounds on the baseline and was no closer that 2 feet of the line but yet it is out of bounds, Barnhill dribbling off a defenders foot Ashland ball, bogus offensive foul on Bair at halfcourt, Ashland save in front of East bench with the player having one entire foot out of bounds, I could go on and on, and would feel the same way win or lose. I do agree they let them play and that is ok. I know these guys in stripes work hard and are going to miss calls, but not obvious calls, and not for an entire game. I am not saying it was on purpose, I am just saying it was horrible. I also hear the radio broadcast may back me up a little!!

My assessment would have been no different. I am pretty certain the game film would back me up. Jump ball when Johnson is undercut in mid air, charge on Johnson after steal when defender is doing the limbo, foul on Barnhill at halfcourt when the ball is knocked out of his hands, out of bounds on East after an Ashland airball and 2 East players let it bounce out on purpose, Barnhill rode like a horse all game, Bonner running over Johnson with a dip of the shoulder no call, East saves the ball back in bounds on the baseline and was no closer that 2 feet of the line but yet it is out of bounds, Barnhill dribbling off a defenders foot Ashland ball, bogus offensive foul on Bair at halfcourt, Ashland save in front of East bench with the player having one entire foot out of bounds, I could go on and on, and would feel the same way win or lose. I do agree they let them play and that is ok. I know these guys in stripes work hard and are going to miss calls, but not obvious calls, and not for an entire game. I am not saying it was on purpose, I am just saying it was horrible. I also hear the radio broadcast may back me up a little!!

I was at half court on the Bair call, they got it right. Barnhill and Bonner beat on EACH OTHER all night. The charge on Thomas down the stretch was worse than the charge called on Johnson, you didn't mention that one. You guys know I am an East "fan" as much as I can be when on the air and root for them like gang busters when I am not on the air. The play was physical but I felt, for the most part, the officiating was consistent. I did mention earlier that the "taller" official was a replacement. If you go back and watch the film, see how many of those calls he made (or didn't make).

By the way, 2 of those officials who called the East game last night will be calling the game tonight and I am pretty sure there are a few officials from the 9th region who are BGPer's. Fans are not endearing themselves to them by getting on here and bashing!!!

I agree... game was called so poorly it was almost a joke... really we were laughing several times... not only terrible calls against East but Ashland got the short end of the stick serveral times as well... But aren't we really getting used to this?? Very few good high school officals still out there... not just basketball but football, baseball... Not hard to see why... I wouldn't do it for the money compared to hassel...

I know this is an argument that I probably shouldn't hop in....but....The officiating last night was Horrible!!!! Terrible!!!! And at times dangerous!!! The low post kids for both teams were beaten thoroughly and the guards for East were hammered in any/all double team traps. Now the quick decision calls (i.e. the charges and jump ball scenario) is where a referee either looks good or bad, and it seemed, maybe through Navy Blue tinted eyes, that those calls were always blown! Sorry, but I would have rather had Joe Billman or Bobby Kouns blowing those calls, at least I would have known what name to scream out in the process of verbally berating them from up high!

I agree the charge on Thomas was a bad call, but a make-up call at that. I also agree that the big men inside both battled back and forth. If officials get on here and determine how they are going to call a game by reading posts made by fans, then high school sports is a corrupt world. I just felt frustrated and helpless watching that game as did the fans around me, and even those from Elliott who were seen protesting calls against East.

I was at half court on the Bair call, they got it right. Barnhill and Bonner beat on EACH OTHER all night. The charge on Thomas down the stretch was worse than the charge called on Johnson, you didn't mention that one. You guys know I am an East "fan" as much as I can be when on the air and root for them like gang busters when I am not on the air. The play was physical but I felt, for the most part, the officiating was consistent. I did mention earlier that the "taller" official was a replacement. If you go back and watch the film, see how many of those calls he made (or didn't make).

By the way, 2 of those officials who called the East game last night will be calling the game tonight and I am pretty sure there are a few officials from the 9th region who are BGPer's. Fans are not endearing themselves to them by getting on here and bashing!!!

If that last statement is true, and these officials are reading a message board and having their opinions swayed one way or another then they shouldn't be officiating on any level. Hopefully tonight's game will not be decided by some sanctimonious official with an agenda to get back at fans!

I agree the charge on Thomas was a bad call, but a make-up call at that. I also agree that the big men inside both battled back and forth. If officials get on here and determine how they are going to call a game by reading posts made by fans, then high school sports is a corrupt world. I just felt frustrated and helpless watching that game as did the fans around me, and even those from Elliott who were seen protesting calls against East.

Not saying they are corrupt or that they would deliberately call differently because of your posts, they are more professional than that. But if you were questioned about your job in a public forum, in the back of your mind you might remember it at some point. If a parent got on here and questioned playing time for their kid, a coach might be less likely to give that kid playing time. Food for thought!

KHSAA is always looking for good officials. Gather up those fans around you, get a few applications and let er rip. You know the web address I am sure to find an app!

If that last statement is true, and these officials are reading a message board and having their opinions swayed one way or another then they shouldn't be officiating on any level. Hopefully tonight's game will not be decided by some sanctimonious official with an agenda to get back at fans!

And tonight's game will not be decided by some sanctimonious fans who think they could do a better job calling a game from the stands!

That's all for me in this thread. Those who know me, know I take up for officials, and to a fault sometimes, but I have been there and know how tough it is. You have your opinions, I have mine, I will hush before I say something really stupid!!!

My grandpa always said to not mean mouth someone doing their job if I was not willing to do it myself. Good advice from a great man! I leave you with that.