Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Astro Domino

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Astro Domino

  1. So you can’t admit that PT with 5 high level D1 recruits and much much more high level talent hasn’t vastly underachieved since the Mayfield game? If not you are delusional.
  2. Lineup those 2 rosters tonight and give them both the same coaching staff and tell me that is a one TD game. If you can honestly say that I don’t know what else to say.
  3. No beef at all. I just say what I think. I know none of them personally. This is just all a perspective from someone that knows the game of football very well. Sorry.
  4. Ok man. I’m sorry that hurt your feelings.
  5. I will sound like a super salty Mayfield fan in this post and so be it but I’m just going to say what I have to say. Mayfield is hands down better than any other team on Paducah’s schedule. Mayfield would beat Madisonville by 2 TDs. Mayfield would beat Logan County by 2-3 TDs. They would beat Franklin-Simpson by more than that. The past few years and especially this year Paducah has gotten up and hyped for the Mayfield game unlike they have for any other game. Paducah played a near perfect game against Mayfield this year. They were on 100 for every defensive possession against Mayfield in that game. They FORCED the ball to Cam Wade all game and he made EVERY play on every ball the whole game offensively. My problem with Paducah is that the coaching staff is SEVERELY lacking. They have ALL the talent in the world and can’t beat mediocre teams handily. Give Highlands or CovCath’s coaching staff PT’s roster and they win 4A going away with no playoff game within single digits and maybe not within 20 points. Paducah Tilghman’s whole program and coaching staff is amateur and fraudulent. They are way more worried about style points and looking good than having the wherewithal of being able to prepare an uber talented team to put their nose down and get the job done. That’s all they know. Paducah has had an unlimited stable of talent since the beginning of time and now they have All-American talent coming in from out of state and still can’t seal the deal against rural county schools in KY. It is very disappointing to see and honestly they are letting the whole Jackson Purchase area down with their play on the field. The talent I saw when they played Mayfield was next level and every game since has been a disgrace. I might get in trouble for this comment but it’s the honest to God truth and anyone that knows football that saw them against Mayfield knows everything I said is true. With all that being said I mean absolutely no disrespect to Madisonville, Franklin-Simpson or Logan County (all very respectable and hardworking programs) but Paducah, do better. Take all this how you want.
  6. The Bell County thing still blows my mind. I don’t think they would beat any of the 10 teams ranked below them.
  7. I guess they think if they don’t allow them to stream it then 5 or 6 more Mayfield fans will make the hour drive and they’ll get their $30-40 in gate money haha.
  8. I get that. But they play 7 non-district games on their schedule. Beechwood and Mayfield only have 5. They are forced to play 5 2A games where OCath has 2 extra slots to play bigger schools. I just used these schools as an obvious example and relating to 2A. That’s got to be a disadvantage to the 6 team districts.
  9. One of the lesser spoken on problems with RPI in my eyes is the fact that some districts such as Beechwood’s and Mayfield’s have 6 teams while OCath’s district only has 4 teams. So while BW and Mayfield are forced to play 2 more weak 2A teams, OCath has the oppurtunity to play 2 more lower quality big schools to gain an advantage in computer points. I just don’t see the fairness in that. Correct me if I’m wrong on that point. With that being said, I am still a firm believer that you still have to beat the best to win it all, whether it is home or away or 3rd or 4th round or the State Championship.
  10. Is there any definitive reason DeSales fell off so bad in the past 5 years? These two programs were as even as it gets during the 2010s. I feel like CAL gets uber talented players these days but where did the DeSales kids go?
  11. CovCath St. X FD North Laurel Trinity TB - 41
  12. 2A is a 5 team race. The two losers in the format are LCA and Mayfield but with Belfry moving down this year there had to be a big matchup in the 3rd round any way you look at it. 5 teams can’t make the final four. Whoever wins 2A will have to beat at least 2 VERY good teams to do so.
  13. Bryan Station Scott County North Hardin Trinity LSU TB - 59
  14. They must know something about Bell County that no one else does.
  15. Oh I definitely don’t want to see them in the 3rd round. Maybe Somerset can beat them out in RPI and Mayfield can get Somerset and OC can have LCA.
  16. They are in the “West” now as of this year. So now as most people see it 4 of the top 6 teams are in the West so on 2nd thought to my prior comments, Somerset could very possibly have a higher RPI than LCA and that would mean 3rd round would be LCA at OC, Somerset at Mayfield. It’s all speculation until we see those RPI numbers.
  17. Regarding my prior comment, seeding statewide in Round 3 wouldn’t be as needed in 2A as it was in the past few years when there were 4 teams that were significantly better than the rest but only 3 could make the semis due to 3 of the 4 being in the “west.” Now that there is a very solid 5th team in the mix it’s inevitable that one has to miss out on the semis. The Mayfield fan in me just wishes LCA was “East” haha.
  18. At this point in the West if OC, Mayfield and LCA all win out (which I expect them to do) I think it is inevitable that LCA travels to Mayfield for the 4th year in a row and for the 3rd year in a row in the 3rd round. For exclusively this reason I wish they would seed the 3rd round statewide. I don’t see any way OCath doesn’t get the top seed out west considering they play in a 4 team district compared to Mayfield being in a 6 team district which gives OC 2 extra games to play RPI boosting opponents. if the hypothetical situation ATLCat mentioned happens in the East where PBurg gets the 1 seed and Beechwood and Belfry have to play in the 3rd round then that to me is a complete red flag that the RPI would need a major overhaul.
  19. I’m not trying to be that guy but PT under their current administration will try to score til the final buzzer if they haven’t clocked you. They feel like anything short of a running clock is underachieving and think they have to prove something. Very unclassy in my opinion. But that’s just my opinion.
  20. St. X FD Highlands CovCath LCA TB - 48
  21. CAL Manual Highlands Owensboro Trinity TB - 52
  22. I think they’re the best team but when I think “whole other level” I think of CAL compared to the rest of 3A. I don’t think that is quite the case with Beechwood in 2A.
  23. I could see Tilghman possibly coming into this one sleepwalking coming off an emotional high from the Mayfield game but even if they do I think they snap out of it at some point and definitely get the job done by a few scores.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.