Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov_Cath_Hwy

Premium Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cov_Cath_Hwy

  1. Highlands at CCH in mid-January is going to have a Rupp feel for sure. Wow. Highlands schedule does not yet stack up to CCH’s so I’ll be curious how Highlands handles the speed, quickness, decisiveness, and physicality of CCH’s defense, rebounding and transition game. CCH is getting beyond quality minutes from about 9 players at this point making it a very focused and united attack. So this could be a very special match in a month. I currently have CCH winning it by 12 or more on their Home Floor. This game will come during an interesting stretch for CCH as they will face Conner, Holmes, Highlands, Lloyd, North Laurel, Cooper, and Ashland over about a 3 week period. That stretch will set the tone for the 9th region and the State headed into tourney time for sure. Go Colonels!
  2. LaRue should at the very least be in the bottom of the top 20 teams and GRC should go down to 15 at least. The top 2 of WC and CCH are interchangeable at 1A and 1B in my opinion. I would be curious who has had the tougher schedule to date between those 2 squads…..I would probably put that team at 1.
  3. This right here and getting the W is what makes High School Hoops so special. Wow….
  4. While I agree that GC will continue to improve, CCH will as well. I am not sure anything would be any different. CCH, while small, is one of the most physical and aggressive teams in the state and that will cause problems for most teams. CCH’s defense and rebounding lead to a great transition game on offense while severely limiting 2nd chance buckets on defense. CCH’s bench is already showing vast improvements in quality of time and contributions. This tells me not to expect a much different result should they meet up come tourney time.
  5. Cov Cath’s 15 or so point win over Great Crossing a few weeks back now looks mighty interesting. What was the storyline here? Did GRC have some kids out or did Great Crossing just play lights out? Great Crossing has some incredible quality young players so they will be in it for a few years as they come around no doubt
  6. That is lights out shooting. If Link is getting 14 and Hussey is getting 22, the Colonels may be unbeatable. I know most nights will be far from that, but if they can dial that up on occasion that is going to give most teams fits. And yes, after watching some of their past trips to St. X over the last 3-4 years, GCL Hoops is more closely associated with a back alley street fight….they get after it physically. Go Colonels.
  7. Admittedly I know less than nothing about LaSalle, but the Colonels are rolling. Always good to cross the River and get a road win in the GCL. Go Colonels.
  8. I would agree….especially if the starter that was out for Connor is back. Connor can light it up. They will make waves this year for sure. I sure hope Brooks is not out long term. Heard it was potentially an ACL, but I hope that is not the case. The region needs a strong Cooper.
  9. Count me in on the time to move forward. I admit to feeling a very certain way very strongly about this at first, but it is time to roll on. Too much stellar competition and great players coming up in the ranks over the next few years and beyond. Time to enjoy those players and the memories and feelings they will be bringing our way. Re-directing my field of view back to the field and let them play it out. Go Colonels!
  10. Evan looked so pale and green when He came out. And he had a very heavy cough the whole game. I was 2nd row right next to the student section and twice I heard Evan tell the Ref He felt like crap. Reminded me of Andy Listerman puking on the court His Junior year I believe, at CCH playing on TMC’s floor. CCH won behind a gutty performance from Listerman….one of many from Him. Cov Cath’s team Defense and Rebounding tenacity is going to be a problem for a ton of teams. Go Colonels!
  11. Man, if that is not cool I am not sure what is. Love this. This is a big time move and long overdue and will be even bigger from a Community perspective. Congrats Ludlow.
  12. It was a spectacular atmosphere last night for sure. Nothing better than a packed house, with a fired up crowd at a High School Hoops game…..cherry on top is two of the best players in the state balling out. I would certainly add a couple of the CCH/Cooper games to that list as well as the CCH/Highlands game at CCH when Vinson was a Junior…..and that was a Saturday afternoon game and it was bedlam. A hot sweaty packed gym on a cold night is a happy place. Go Colonels.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.