Everything posted by Hoopstars
-
8th Region Week 6 Review
Was saying south played McCracken and Collins close- not that McCracken played Collins…
-
BluegrassPreps.com Basketball Rankings (1/9) Discussion
Probably Lex Christian. Simon Kenton’s win over north slight asterisks since Dallas didn’t play. Pretty comparable resumes overall. One watch out couple be Simon Kenton can struggle to score at times.
-
8th Region Week 6 Review
I have to say I’ve been a huge doubter of South Oldham and they have done far better than I had anticipated recently. They haven’t won any marquee games and have been blown out a few times but did play McCracken and Collins close. Be interesting to see if those were flukes or if they really aren’t that bad.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Basketball Rankings (1/9) Discussion
Hats off to McCracken for ytd record but I think it would be fair to say they have by far, played the easiest schedule of any top 15 team.
-
North Oldham vs. Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates
Minor point but scales is a senior, not a junior.
-
St. Xavier vs. Trinity (Bellarmine)
Have to go with Trinity. Anything can happen in a rivalry, but Trinity has more talent and has more quality wins and played a very challenging schedule. I’d think high single digits….
-
All “A” Classification Guidelines
Thought I saw a few. I think desales for example.
-
All “A” Classification Guidelines
I was more wondering because some really small schools are too big for 1A. But the doubling is what makes them 2A.
-
All “A” Classification Guidelines
Might have answered my own question- do they classify single gender schools differently for enrollment purposes- like if it’s all girls or all boys do they double the enrollment numbers to equalize?
-
All “A” Classification Guidelines
Is that for sure? Looking at the 2A bracket and there are some schools smaller than the 1A listed.
-
Trinity 85 Highlands Latin 22
Why would a team of teenagers who try out for basketball ever just forfeit? So they got killed. I’m sure they’ve been in beat downs before. Who cares. It’s a hour and 15 minutes of your life. Maybe one of the guys they play against will be in the NBA (probably not this case but just as an example) and they will talk about it forever down the road. Maybe I can see this option in football where there is a danger factor….
-
8th Region Week 5 Review
Good call on anderson being ranked ahead of south
-
6th Region Week 5 Review
St x is an ok win. Holy cross similar. Certainly not like butler beating Ballard or desales beating Huntington prep- or even Simon Kenton/eastern/male. Look forward to next weeks recap! Thanks for doing this
-
6th Region Week 5 Review
Nice work. I’d quibble with PRP at 3rd. They’ve beaten nobody. You have a good rationale for Butler ahead of Desales based on past but. I’d go Western #1. Evangel and Desales basically tied at 2/3. Next Butler followed by PRP.
-
7th Region Week 5 Review and Rankings
No doubt at all. Just rest of Region seems down relative to years past.
-
7th Region Week 5 Review and Rankings
When was the last time the 7th was this top heavy with just two teams that are borderline top 10-15 the rest sort of average? Not a lot of depth this season
-
North Oldham vs. Seneca Predictions/Updates
Game planning for North would be interesting. They either score on average in the mid 70s- or high 40s. Not just based on level of competition. Put points on board against strong teams like mason, north Laurel, Lyon, manual. And then get stuck in 40s and low 50s periodically against other strong/above average teams like Simon Kenton (or last year against Oldham or in state tourney against Lincoln). Probably a variable that explains- maybe exclusively Dallas shooting % or style of defense- physical/pressing/bumping. Either way- north is very good but a clear blueprint probably does exist on beating them. Easier said then done…
-
8th Region Week 5 Review
Really well done. Hard to find areas of disagreement. Still think Oldham is the wild card card with most room to improve as they get more comfortable executing new coach system and the 4 new starters continue to grow into their roles. North clear favorite…
-
Covington Catholic 76 Pickerington Central (OH) 62
They will kill Male. Desales could be an interesting game potentially…
-
Newport Central Catholic 98 Williamsburg 82
One of the worst plays I’be ever seen at high school level. Had someone done that to my son I would have undoubtedly rushed the court. He launched into him- did not just shove him. The kid should be suspended for a minimum of 10 games. The school should also reprimand and possibly suspend the coach for allowing the kid who committed the foul to continue to play. The 3 officials should not be officiating at the high school level. Disgusting situation all around.
-
Simon Kenton 66 Henry Clay 57
Spencer as well- they could replace collins or Woodford. Still think by end of year Oldham will be dangerous. But north is the clear favorite.
-
South Oldham 71 Bellevue 34
This is the 3rd straight year they haven’t been very good. That’s not to say he’s not a great person or had success in the past. The truth is they had some real superstars in the past- elite talent most coaches would win with. I said a few weeks ago and it’s a fact- if you can’t shoot the 3 he will not play you- that is the only thing he cares about. And that has lead to a number of very good athletes/basketball players who would could have helped make them tougher, better defensively and more athletic not play or transfer to other schools.
-
8th Region Week 4 Review
Great write up. Seems very reasonable. Looking forward to some of these teams playing each other- like SK and Walton Verona to get a more clear picture. Same with owen back half of January when they play spencer and Oldham.
-
South Oldham 71 Bellevue 34
never met the coach and have no rooting interest in any 8th region team. Just very familiar with the region. That’s why I was asking if this message board is meant to be a real convo or a bunch of positive threads about all teams. I guess some of both…
-
South Oldham 71 Bellevue 34
It’s the schedule. I’m new to this site so haven’t figured out if it’s a site for real truth telling- not over the top- or a friendly “chat each team up” message board. South is horrific. The schools they have beaten are all absolutely awful. Tiny. Unathletic. Low skill teams. South would struggle to win the butler freshman tourney.