Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hoops Junkie

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hoops Junkie

  1. As reported by Link. Murphy is out at NDA. Who takes over for one of the better teams in the 9th?
  2. Is Gibson and McGraw due back soon? Is Gibson out from that dirty play by the Campbell County player?
  3. Definitely something to keep an eye on with Notre Dame's upcoming schedule. They certainly have the talent to beat just about anyone. Interested to see if Murphy can figure something out better than what I saw tonight.
  4. My first girls game this year on your recommendation DD. Congrats to Dixie on a well played game. Buddenburg played a tremendous game. Looked as if Dixie had a game plan and executed it well. Turnovers a plenty on both sides however contrary to Dixie, Notre Dame looked out of sorts the entire night. Sure seemed to me at least that Notre Dame was outcoached from the get go.
  5. Maybe a dumb question here, but why would he have to leave teaching at Cooper to be the Head Coach at CovCath? Certainly isn't against the rules to teach one place and coach the other.
  6. Just my humble opinion here, and I will keep it completely local. I think the CovCath faithful might want someone that has at least some CovCath/local ties. Sully Kevin Listerman Casey Sorrell Matt Otte Tony Bacigalupo
  7. Not sure on Byars or Bradley. Was thinking that was why there were 16 rostered.
  8. Stepping down. Yeah right, hahahahaha. I don't think JF stepped down, but it does sound like he is gone.
  9. I do love the HC story line. After losing what they lost last year and with a new coach (1st time head coach at that). Kudos to that group of coaches and players to exceed expectations. Keep it going. Truly one of the feel-good stories in the 9th.
  10. @The Double Deuce A little over halfway through. Would any of your Top 10 on the girl's side change? Does anyone need to be added? Just curious on how the list is holding up in your opinion. Anyone else please chime in as well.
  11. The title score is wrong. I believe the score was Boyd 68 HC 60.
  12. Thought the girl's side could use a state ranking for discussion's sake. Saw the boy's post, but couldn't find KSR's girl's rankings, but Nations Elite did have one. Thanks to Nations Elite for putting out an update. Let the debating begin.
  13. Holy Cross has a really good group of Sophomore's that will see a lot of Varsity time this year. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but they lost in the Freshman tourney by 1 in to the eventual winner CovCath, can't remember if that was the finals or the final 4, and those same freshman now sophomore's also lost to Cooper at the buzzer in JV regionals and Cooper was playing with Pouncy at that time. I think HC will have just enough to get by Beechwood, but it's close. You have the battle of 1st time HC's in HC/Beech, probably have to see how the coaches do with the kids and who can stay healthiest.
  14. So what seems to be the issue at Highlands now? Also, anybody have any names that aren't playing that would really help the varsity?
  15. I have heard that on the boys side at Highlands, but this is the first I'm hearing it on the girls side. Any details?
  16. You might be right about Green, but I still put her 4th in bigs. Hunt and Baker as you mentioned and don't forget about Gibson. Gibson probably the best defender out of the 4 especially in NDA's defensive minded system.
  17. Pretty tough to argue with the team rankings. Maybe shuffle around a few of the bottom half of your ranking, but the top 4 is spot on IMO. I would shuffle up and change a few of the player rankings just for arguments sake. Liz Friehofer might end up being the 9th region rep for Mrs. Basketball when it's all said and done but understand why Quinn gets the leg up to start. Sarah Baker probably needs to be higher on the list as well.
  18. Anybody out there willing to duplicate the cats paws in here for all 16 regions? Thanks for the 5th region @ACfan4
  19. Saw Rise Up Sports Media who is focusing on women's basketball in Ky put out a free online publication for every region. Pretty good stuff and a lot of information for a lot of teams and girls across the state. I encourage everyone to take a look and feel free to let the debates begin. What/who if anything did they miss?
  20. Herald and Ryan were definitely 2 huge pieces, but they are the only 2 gone. They return Vinson, Moeves, Benke, Class, and Listerman that all played significant minutes last year.
  21. Love the debate, please don't take this as discounting what Cooper can be, but here is what I know for sure. Shawn Pouncy, if I am not mistaken, suffered a torn ACL in the region game. That injury usually takes 9-10 months to heal and sometimes as much as a year, even if its nine I think there will be some adjusting time and I am questioning the statement of "fully healthy Shawn Pouncy". I also know that the youngest Pouncy, Brown, Hampton, and Jakare Pouncy combined for 2.8ppg last year and have little to no varsity experience. Adding Ajaezu that averaged 3.8, and the 5 guys you mention are up to 6.6ppg combined. Not sure that is something you can blow away, or beat Newport and CovCath with yet, and to your point of missing Brooks for most of the season some of the guys you mentioned would have and should have had added opportunity to play more min. Also, and if I am not mistaken, Schilling was a senior last year and won't be back. Lastly, and again correct me if I am wrong, but didn't most of the guys you mentioned have to hit a shot at the buzzer to beat Holy Cross in the JV regional, and that was with Shawn Pouncy playing due to not yet being eligible. HC had 6 freshman and a sophomore. (I had to phone a friend on this one to make sure, so may not be exactly that way, but probably close). Can someone else confirm this?
  22. Cooper loses 5 of their top 7, and that's not counting Pouncy who will most likely miss most of the season. Counting Pouncy that will be 6 of their top 8. I'm not sure 2 guys is enough horses to beat Newport, CovCath, or Highlands. If you want to put them 4th I can live with it, and I guess if anyone will have them ready it would be Sully. I can't agree with Cooper being right there with them though. Definitely not better depth top to bottom.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.