Yamil Rondon to Newport

2 hours ago, 1Forrest1 said:

Anyone else hear Yamil maybe transferring. I am hearing talks of Newport. Looking to enroll this school season.

Think that possibly Kinney leaves for a prep school and Rondon is the new point guard? What about Kinney moving to the two guard if he stays? Will this encourage other players at Newport to look for a new home? Stay tuned to As the Rumor Mill Turns!!!

Sully is a great coach at Cooper.  It’s unfortunate if this point guard leaves to head to another school.  IMO…..if that happens best luck to the point guard,  he’ll look back and realize how good he had it at Cooper being coached by Coach Sullivan.

• Like 2

Its not a transfer by choice.  The school has made it clear that he will not be welcome back on the team.  This is a formal decision that comes from above the coaching staff.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CVG said:

Its not a transfer by choice.  The school has made it clear that he will not be welcome back on the team.  This is a formal decision that comes from above the coaching staff.

Wow. Why?

10 hours ago, CVG said:

Any chance this has something to do with attitude etc? Just asking because I saw him on Twitter a couple days ago asking for a AAU team to pick him up, the only quality player in recent memory to do that was Blake and we all know how that turned out. 

12 hours ago, Capital1224 said:

Rumor is his dad got suspended by the school for a calendar year from coming to cooper events. 

Does this have anything to do with the towel thrown on the court at the championship game?

13 hours ago, Capital1224 said:

Rumor is his dad got suspended by the school for a calendar year from coming to cooper events. 

Confirmed that his father is banned from all Cooper events including Graduation 

12 hours ago, Hollywood23 said:

This can’t be real …Newport?!?! I seem to remember him getting dragged on social media by a multitude of Newport faithful after the region championship game. 

I was thinking the same thing 

From a close source in Newport. He once Yamil comes back from Puerto Rico he will be moving into Newport. 

I also heard from same source a young man from Pittsburgh is joining a local AAU team in KY or OH looking for a high caliber team. He sat in at a Newport Practice and loved what he saw.

He is being advertised as a left Handed Tay Kinney. If these pan out Newport will reign supreme over the 9th region again. Especially since Cov Cath’s coach is being removed. 

12 minutes ago, 1Forrest1 said:

From a close source in Newport. He once Yamil comes back from Puerto Rico he will be moving into Newport. 

I also heard from same source a young man from Pittsburgh is joining a local AAU team in KY or OH looking for a high caliber team. He sat in at a Newport Practice and loved what he saw.

He is being advertised as a left Handed Tay Kinney. If these pan out Newport will reign supreme over the 9th region again. Especially since Cov Cath’s coach is being removed. 

Being removed?

• theguru changed the title to Yamil Rondon to Newport
  • theguru locked this topic
  • theguru unlocked this topic