Cats Pause 5th Region Rankings

Cats Pause has released their annual rankings, here are the top 10 team and player rankings for the 5th region.

1. Elizabethtown

2. Washington County

3. North Hardin

4. Taylor County

5. Adair County

6. Central Hardin

7. Larue County

8. Green County

9. Hart County

10. Bethlehem

Player Rankings

1. Brett Decker, 6'2 SR- Central Hardin

2. Ayden Evans 6'10 SR- Etown

3. Daniel Allen 6'5 SR- Larue County

4. Shaun Boykins 6'2 SR- North Hardin

5. Beau Baker 6'8 SR- Washington County

6. Taveon Smith 6'2 SR- North Hardin

7. Connor Loy 6'0 JR- Adair County

8. Layken Lyons 6'2 JR- Taylor County

9. Hayden Blakeman 6'5 JR- Green County

10. Isaiah Cochran 6'7 JR- Adair County

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

Those player rankings are interesting to say the least. 

what's your thoughts on them? I know of at least 2 transfers at Taylor and North Hardin who were not in there in time who would be top 10 likely also. 

8 hours ago, ACfan4 said:

what's your thoughts on them? I know of at least 2 transfers at Taylor and North Hardin who were not in there in time who would be top 10 likely also. 

Isaiah Cochran of Adair being ranked 10th is one that was the most surprising.  Other than that they’re okay but still a few changes I would make.

4 hours ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

Isaiah Cochran of Adair being ranked 10th is one that was the most surprising.  Other than that they’re okay but still a few changes I would make.

would agree there. My assumption is since Cochran averaged 11 ppg at Collins last season he was ranked lower than some guys in front who averaged more points even though he does have a very high ceiling and 3 D1 offers already. Would not be shocked if he plays like a top 5 player this season.

1 hour ago, ACfan4 said:

would agree there. My assumption is since Cochran averaged 11 ppg at Collins last season he was ranked lower than some guys in front who averaged more points even though he does have a very high ceiling and 3 D1 offers already. Would not be shocked if he plays like a top 5 player this season.

Yes that is a good point. His stats from Collins don’t pop out due to their play style and playing with Kenyon Goodin who is now playing at Bellarmine. I would like to believe that PPG number will go up a lot this year. 

Weis and Stone definitely deserve some attention. Will be interesting to see if Boykins actually plays for North this season. Early rumors were that he was not going to play basketball this year. That will drastically effect North. As far as the rankings of teams goes, I pretty much agree assuming that Boykins plays. I'll be putting out the 5th Region preview for BG Preps in a few weeks. 

41 minutes ago, 5thregionbasketball said:

Weis and Stone definitely deserve some attention. Will be interesting to see if Boykins actually plays for North this season. Early rumors were that he was not going to play basketball this year. That will drastically effect North. As far as the rankings of teams goes, I pretty much agree assuming that Boykins plays. I'll be putting out the 5th Region preview for BG Preps in a few weeks. 

Would have to say this is the most up in the air the region has been in awhile and with arguably 8-9 teams who could win the whole thing or beat one another. 

Adair

Bardstown

North Hardin

Etown

Central Hardin

Larue County

Taylor County

Green County

Washington County

I see very little difference in that group of 9. 

• 2 weeks later...

A pair of 2025's for Adair County received D1 offers today. 6'0 point guard Connor Loy and 6'7 wing Isaiah Cochran both received offers from Mcneese State. It's the first D1 offer for Loy and 4th for Cochran