WishboneCity
Standard Membership
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Campbell County at Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates
Everything posted by WishboneCity
-
St. Xavier at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
I’m starting to buy St. X as the best team in 6A. I’ll go with them by a touchdown.
-
Green County vs Taylor County Predictions/Updates
The last time TC played Green County on the Dragons’ senior night it was 2017. TC came in with a 7-2 record and a share of a 4A district title. Green was last in their district with a 3-5 record. All signs pointed to the Cardinals getting a running clock on their way to a victory. The Dragons had other plans though. In the most miserably cold, sleet, slush, and snow weather that you could imagine; the Dragons exclusively ran a jumbo wildcat set and scored 30 points on their way to a two point win. Andrew Mosby toted the rock a whopping 34 times for 180 yards in his last game at home. I know some coaches from that TC team that still talk about how brutal that loss was.
-
2A Playoffs
I stand corrected. What a disastrous calculation.
-
Ballard at Woodford County Predictions/Updates
Run a lot of Flexbone/Wing T stuff and some spread/gun. IMO they look the best out of the spread and it has puzzled me to why it’s not their primary gameplan/set. I have heard they are leaning more towards the more “modern” offense of late, but I’m not sure if the facts reflect that.
-
2A Playoffs
LCA gets punished for their district games being so poor. Right now they have two 0-9 teams on their schedule. That destroys Eagles’ RPI. In my opinion, the best way to fix RPI quickly would be not counting district games (required opponents). It would reward teams for playing a tough schedule and not punish them for playing a 1-9/0-10 district team (something that they can’t help).
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 11) *Bonus Point Available*
-
Hart County at Campbellsville Predictions/Updates
If Cville loses to Hart this week, I will have lost all hope of Cville competing for a title. I don’t think there’s been a year in the history of the KHSAA where Hart County was better than Raceland or Pikeville. This season is no exception.
-
Hart County at Campbellsville Predictions/Updates
Number 1 in RPI changes very little for Cville. Still have to play Raceland or Pikeville and you still get it at home. On the contrary, a 2 RPI for HC seals a potential home game in the semis.
-
Campbellsville 21 Kentucky Country Day 13
I’m very upset that we got robbed of a Taylor County/Campbellsville game this year… Would've answered a lot of questions and would’ve been the most talent on the field in that rivalry’s history.
-
Campbellsville 21 Kentucky Country Day 13
Campbellsville absolutely possesses the physicality to hang with Pikeville and Raceland. They may get beat in other facets of the game; but they will hit you.
-
Saint Xavier 55 Pleasure Ridge Park 0
Jeez.
-
Madison Southern vs. West Jessamine Predictions/Updates
39-7 MadSouth Eagles are gonna win the district
-
Kentucky Country Day at Campbellsville Predictions/Updates
21-3 Eagles 7:00ish left in the third
-
Pulaski County vs. Southwestern Predictions/Updates
One of them funky things might be a-brewin’ 10-7 PC
-
Pulaski County vs. Southwestern Predictions/Updates
Starting QB for the Warriors is not dressed.
-
Kentucky Country Day at Campbellsville Predictions/Updates
7-3 Eagles with the ball 7:30 left in the 2nd
-
Madison Southern vs. West Jessamine Predictions/Updates
I blinked and MadSouth is up 19-0
-
Pulaski County vs. Southwestern Predictions/Updates
Always an 8:00 start. They do a little league event before the varsity game.
-
Madison Southern vs. West Jessamine Predictions/Updates
Mad South strikes first 7-0 with 6 minutes left in the first
-
Pulaski County vs. Southwestern Predictions/Updates
There is certainly no love lost for both of these teams. Pulaski has had stretches of football where they have looked like the best team in the district. But I don't think they have put a four quarter game together all season. Pulaski is very young and their youth has been showing week after week.
-
Kentucky Country Day at Campbellsville Predictions/Updates
Full disclosure: just the eye test. I'm not sure if there's anything close to a comparable game for these two sets of teams. In my opinion (that is often wrong and riddled with bias), I don't think that Pikeville/Raceland are at the 1A SuperTeam level that they have been in recent seasons. Furthermore, I think that this is the best Cville team in school history, and that has to count for something.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 10) *Bonus Point Available*
-
Boyle County Pound for Pound #1?
I like this. If Boyle wins 4A, the only argument you could make is that Male is better (if Male wins 6A).
-
Kentucky Country Day at Campbellsville Predictions/Updates
KCD deserves some love—just like Cville. Both teams are very solid and have a good chance to make a run. I think the narrative that resonates with most people is that neither are close to Raceland or Pikeville. Many people see 1A as a two horse race. However, both the Rams and the Panthers are beatable. From what I've seen, KCD can beat either of those teams if they catch them on the right night. On the other hand, I don't think Campbellsville needs the right night... they might just have the horsepower to hang with 'em.
-
Madison Southern vs. West Jessamine Predictions/Updates
West Jessamine (6-2) at Madison Southern (4-4) Stream: WBON TV (Youtube) The 5A, district 7 title is on the line on Friday! This one is probably sneaking under many readers' radars as neither team has received much love all year. With that being said, one of these teams will be a #1 seed come playoff time. The Eagles seem to be the better team and are projected to win (via calpreps), but the narrative seems to be that Payne's Eagles always fall short in big/close games. Do the Colts solidify that sentiment on their way to a district championship, or do the Eagles pull away at home?