Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sportsfan33

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sportsfan33

  1. I agree with Flash. JBS didn't show me anything against Breathitt. Maybe they played bad. If they have one bad shooting game from behind the arc they will lose in the tourny.
  2. :dancingpa That is awesome!
  3. Central locations would be more like Perry/Breathitt county. Just about every team would be no more than a 2-2.5 hour drive, with most being closer to the 1.5 hour drive. Let's not forget about one huge reason they have the tournament and that's to give out scholarships to numerous kids from each region. They are successful at that.
  4. That's what they said when the gym was built. I'm not sure of the actual number.
  5. The way the middle school teams had been done before the consolidation was no improvement over what they are currently doing. I was at the middle the year before consolidation, and was there when they consolidated. It was a big boost. What they did to make-up for not having as many middle school teams was they now have 5 elementary school teams. They get the kids started at an earlier age.
  6. The Lees College gym is still there and is used by the community for the most part. The cracker jack box gym is now classrooms at JCS. Their new gym is laid out like Buckhorn's and seats about 500.
  7. :thumb:I can also see why Jackson would want to play in their own gym.
  8. The middle schools were combined about 15 years ago. I disagree that one middle school hurts. I think it actually helps to get kids to play on the same team that otherwise may have had a rivalry against one another.
  9. :thumb: Also, several of Breathitt's young players are playing varsity and not JV.
  10. Big IF on containing Gilbert. I don't see that happening right now, but I could be wrong. I think Wolfe wins this one by 10+, but I hope I am wrong and Breathitt pulls this one out.
  11. Only three are still on the team. That would be Travis Smith, Justin Hollan, and Aaron Combs. The others are no longer playing.
  12. While some of the small schools are having better years than usual that is not why there is talk of the region being weak. The talk is because of how good the teams were in the past few years. From '02 to '05 the 14th region was stronger than it had been in years. During that stretch teams were loaded. Look at Perry Central for example. The best teams they've had were probably their '02-'03, and '03-'04 teams. those two teams could play with most, not all, teams in the state not just the teams in the mountains. This years PCC team wouldn't play within 20 points of either of those two teams, but yet they are one of the top teams in the region. That's not saying the teams this year aren't good because there are several good teams in the 14th. The problem is there aren't any GREAT teams in the 14th this year.
  13. Congrats to the Tigers who are playing well right now. Keep up the good work. :thumb:
  14. Does anybody know if this game is on the radio?
  15. Was this game closer than the score indicates? I know BHS took Raceland down to the wire, but the last two scores have been a difference of 13 and 14 points. Are the games closer than the scores indicate?
  16. Congrats Royals. Any details about this game?
  17. :ylsuper: :thumb: :thumb:
  18. :thumb: From what I've seen Olinger is a good QB, but let's see what he does against better competition.
  19. I did not say that it would be 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, and so on. I just said they would win 9 or 10 games. The top team from 3A should be able to beat the top team in 2A. If you include the top twenty in both classes, they can be pretty close. Class 3A and 1A were very top heavy. The point was that 2A deserved some respect from top to bottom as the better class over 1A. It was actually closer to 3A than people gave it credit for.
  20. Breathitt Co. vs Sheldon Clark Larue Co. vs Allen Co. Russell vs Warren Central Mason Co. vs Rockcastle Co. Leslie Co. vs Pulaski Co. Erlanger Lloyd vs Harrison Co. Mercer Co. vs Hopkinsville Monroe Co. vs Bowling Green Owensboro Catholic vs Paducah Tilghman Garrard Co. vs Calloway Co. Glasglow vs Bullit East Belfry vs Lawrence Co. Prestonsburg vs Ashland Blazer Madison Southern vs Bell Co. Trigg Co. vs East Jessamine Caldwell Co. vs West Jessamine Wayne Co. vs Covington Catholic Newport vs Lexington Catholic Corbin vs Highlands Russell County vs Boyle Co. I feel like 2A would have a chance at winning 10 of those games.
  21. I very seriously doubt that 2A would lose all twenty games. It would have been more like 10-10 or 9-11, or something like that.
  22. Breathitt also put up 42 points on North Hardin and 35 on Harrison Co.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.