Everything posted by Footballnerd
-
Class 2A Semifinals: #2 Somerset vs. #5 Breathitt County Predictions/Updates
Somerset is well battle tested. They have seen it all from speed, to no huddle, all pass, and heavy run teams. They're defense is very nice. Too much talent and speed. The Collins kid is very good, but one kid can't do it all. Breathitt is good, but not mentally tested in bad situations. Somerset has to much overall talent, size and speed. Also Somerset has played in a few high caliber matchups with a lot on the line, media etc, etc. They responded well. Breathitt hasn't experienced the pressure, having to make comebacks. I guess I'm saying the mental part of the game. Somerset 32-21.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #2 Somerset vs. McLean County Predictions/Updates
A few starters undressed to rest starting second half. JV in now.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #2 Somerset vs. McLean County Predictions/Updates
Mclean is going to come out and hold the ball, and try to keep Somerset's offense off the field. Only problem is that this is best run defense they have seen, and they have no passing game. Somerset will score quick, but I don't see Somerset running up the score. I honestly feel you will see a lot of subs going in and out. They will want to get some of the starters off the field as soon as possible to keep the chance of a injury low. Mclean will score, but I feel it will be late, and if no turnovers it will be all Somerset. Somerset is to big, talented, and fast for Mclean by what I've seen on film. 42-13 Somerset.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #2 Somerset vs. McLean County Predictions/Updates
I meant on my last post kyfootballking, but my spell check didn't agree with me, but yes OC got hosed on a lot of calls, and no calls. The big eye don't lie.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #5 Breathitt County vs. Walton-Verona Predictions/Updates
I really like WV here, but playing at Breathitt is tough. As I said before the bakery is closed, and all out of cupcakes for the bobcats. If they survive the upset, they'll live one more week. It's easy for someone to see a 13-0 record, and think they are good. They're not bad, but not at Mayfield, Somerset level. Any team can schedule 7 blowouts with weak District. I have seen them play, and film. They better strap they're helmets on for Friday, or WV could send them home early.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #2 Somerset vs. McLean County Predictions/Updates
I couldn't believe it when I watched it. OC got hosed a ton in that game. In response to my football.
-
Class 5A Payoffs: 5A Southwestern at 5A #2 Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
This gets ugly 50-0 FD.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #2 Somerset vs. McLean County Predictions/Updates
Watched film on this game. Mclean is nothing Somerset hasn't seen. Offense line is slow, no break away speed, they lineup to far off the ball on defense. Somersets RB's can fall over and gain yards. They are no better then Montgomery, and we know how that went, but I did notice they are a very dirty team. 1 kid kicked in the face, multiple punches thrown,4 hits in the back after the whistle, and no flags at OC's field. Somerset need to make sure they let stuff roll off they're back, and keep they're cool. OC was the far better team, but lost some bad breaks. Johnson, Harper, Simmons, Speaks, Cimala will be laying pancakes all night by what I seen, so have the syrup ready. 48-6 Somerset starters pulled after halftime, or early 3rd.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #3 Mayfield vs. Edmonson County Predictions/Updates
Cardinals fly high in this one.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #4 Beechwood vs. West Carter Predictions/Updates
Beechwood will take this. 35-14
-
Class 1A Playoffs: #1 Pikeville vs. Nicholas County Predictions/Updates
Pikeville in a blowout.
-
Class 5A Playoffs: Madison Southern at #1 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
CovCath picks the score. Starters get some rest.
-
Class 4A Playoffs: 4A Franklin-Simpson at 4A #7 Madisonville North-Hopkins Predictions
Madisonville will come away with win, Franklin-Simpson will compete, but Madisonville will be to much.
-
Class 1A Playoffs: #3 Paintsville vs. #7 Williamsburg Predictions/Updates
I think Williamsburg can pull it out with Ponder and the air assault, but the defense isn't great against the run. I don't know if 10-2 beating a 9-3 team would be a upset, but this is my upset game in 1A.
-
2A Playoff Update
I wouldn't be so fast on Breathitt. They'll probably win in a close one, but Walton Verona is way better then any team they've played. Even they're loses like 10-7 against NCC shows they can play. This is my upset pick for Friday. Just hope someone informs Breathitt that the bakery is closed, and they've ran out of cupcakes. I want to see Somerset vs. Breathitt.
-
Somerset 28 Lexington Christian 26
I feel like I just watched the 2A state title game. Great game, but now time to heal up, and get ready for the next game. Somerset having they're starting offensive line back is huge. They were able to rotate their lineman, and stay fresh. Just a great performance, and I know Miller was Somerset's best back, but that RB stable looks pretty loaded. I realized tonight that LCA, Danville, and Somerset return majority of they're playmakers next year. The District is going to be crazy again.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #1 Lexington Christian Academy vs. #2 Somerset Predictions/Updates
Everytime this week someone says Somerset vs. LCA I hear that creepy Mortal Kombat voice saying " ROUND TWO.......FIGHT." lol Point is sounds like everyone is excited for the rematch. Taken Somerset 32-21.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #1 Lexington Christian Academy vs. #2 Somerset Predictions/Updates
Well I been saying the team that losses the first game would be my pick for the 2nd rematch so I'm taking Somerset by 7. Somerset is healthy now, and have they're original line back with size and strength they didn't have the last time they played. Somerset should of won the last game, but to many stupid penalties killed drives in the first half, and you can't let teams like LCA hang around. Somerset run game looks to be back against Danville. The line helped a freshman get 100 yards rushing against Danville. If the defense plays like they did, and Somerset stays in front of the chains running power football, and eats the clock they can win this. If they make stupid pentalties, and let LCA offense stay on the field its over. I truly feel the winner will be your next champion, but a lot of football to still be played.
-
Somerset 34 Danville 14
Freshman RB for Somerset had 100 rushing, and Somerset looks good with everyone back on line.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #2 Somerset vs. Danville Predictions/Updates
I'm too cold to type, can't feel my thumbs. ?
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #2 Somerset vs. Danville Predictions/Updates
Very physical game, a little chippy a lot of penalties, no calls. A typical playoff games between rivals.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #2 Somerset vs. Danville Predictions/Updates
Somerset just took the field in all new black on black uniforms. Uniforms are beautiful. Well keep secret I was shocked when they ran out.
- Class 2A Playoff Preview
-
2A RPI tie breaker
I saw on KHSAA that both Mayfield, and Somerset are tied at 0.753. If Somerset beats LCA in the 2nd round how does the tie breaker come into play?
-
Somerset 27 Corbin 26
Somerset didn't dress 3 of their lineman. Johnson, Speaks, and Simmons all didn't dress. I think Somerset was great considering they beat Corbin at Corbin without 2 of their biggest lineman and LT. That win says a lot about their other lineman. All are returning next week, first time original starting 5 will be back since Beechwood game.