Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

XregCoach

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by XregCoach

  1. Ah I understand. Thanks for the clarification. There seems like there have been more coaching changes this year than in a while.
  2. So I suppose you would suggest this is an inside hire?
  3. I don't know them... but sounds like those names might be parents?
  4. Interesting. They probably got the guy they wanted. But that timing is interesting.
  5. Anyone the frontrunner here?
  6. I haven't heard it officially announced, but I've thought he would be a good fit in Taylor Mill. With this job becoming open the same day as an expected announcement at Scott... I could be wrong... I'm just putting two and two together.
  7. Whats the outlook for St Henry moving forward? With the exception of Dixie at the top, it seems like this District will be wide open for quite a while. Thoughts?
  8. I don't have specific info, but between Connor & Scott, I would think that announcements would have to be coming soon. Summer camps are just a couple weeks away.
  9. Wow. Heck of a job he did with the Lady Cougars. I've heard nothing but great things about him as a guy and as a coach.
  10. Exactly my first assumption.
  11. Ah that's makes sense. Thanks for the info. Have they begun interviews?
  12. Haha! I guess we'll see. Summer balls gonna be kicking off before long here.
  13. Any new word with this position?
  14. What would the reasoning be for it needing to be Ludlow person?
  15. Again, it sounds like we're both looking at this from outsiders perspectives, but I can agree he must be a GREAT interviewer. To nab a head coaching spot at 23 with a team that previously had made the state tourney -- I don't know how that happens. But just looking at the Murray situation... if you're 29, and you've just gone to three straight Sweet 16s, and you get offered BUTLER (probably an annual top 10 program in the Commonwealth)... why wouldn't you take it? I get staying an developing and growing something is awesome and admirable. I personally have been through that process and it really is exciting. But you can't fault a young coach for jumping on an incredible coaching position when offered can you? Again, disclaimer, perhaps there is much more involved here that I don't know about.
  16. I've only met the guy once or twice. I can't speak on him personally at all... but for a coach in his 20s who is trying to aggressively climb a coaching ladder, can you really fault him for identifying the locations primed for success? Typically there are two types of coaches who get Head Coaching gigs in their 20s: Coaches who climb the ladder by identifying talent and knowing when to buy stock low and sell high... And coaches who are willing to stick around for 4-5+ years building a new culture. Sure there seems to be some appreciation for the long-term young coaches... but those guys usually don't get Butler as a 29 year old. Thoughts?
  17. Yikes. I had no idea that my fairly non-substantive comment was going to upset people so much. I apologize -- didn't mean to frustrate anyone.
  18. Montecalvo won the D3 coach of the year award and his girls reached the Regional for the first time in a long time. I can only see two possible reasons here... 1) He believes he has a job secured at a larger school (is possible that he'd be in the running for a job like Holmes or Scott?), or 2) this has to do with internal stuff off the court. Any other possibilities than those?
  19. LOL this legitimately made me laugh out loud. Let me ask this... What TYPE of coach do YOU think would be successful in this job?
  20. Will Coach Turner be teaching at the school as well?
  21. Lol ok, let's just say if it's who I think it'll be, Holmes will be getting a very experienced, accomplished Head Coach from the area.
  22. I have a pretty good idea of who the frontrunner is but dont know if it's my place to say. Let's just say if he gets it, you already know his name.
  23. How desirable is this position? Going 15-8 in two season is pretty strong for a 1A school, but are they on the rise, or at the peak?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.