Scott hires Steve Brown as new girls basketball coach.

Not at all. All of the other hires recently at Scott have taken months to explore and fill.

Again, Fromeyer was hired at approximately the same time when he got the boys job. The baseball job took a little time because it came open in late May and couldn’t really get the process started until the next school year started in July. As I mentioned before, the fall positions that came open were impacted by teaching positions. Had the proposed redistricting occurred, plenty of teaching positions would have been available and the coaching jobs likely would have been filled sooner.

Summer team camps are starting soon...it was pretty important that the job get filled. I guess you can’t win. People complained that the football job took too long, and now the girls basketball job was filled too quickly.

Again, Fromeyer was hired at approximately the same time when he got the boys job. The baseball job took a little time because it came open in late May and couldn’t really get the process started until the next school year started in July. As I mentioned before, the fall positions that came open were impacted by teaching positions. Had the proposed redistricting occurred, plenty of teaching positions would have been available and the coaching jobs likely would have been filled sooner.

Summer team camps are starting soon...it was pretty important that the job get filled. I guess you can’t win. People complained that the football job took too long, and now the girls basketball job was filled too quickly.

This ^

• 1 month later...
Congrats to Steve Brown! He’ll be a good fit. Watched what he did at St. Henry and he did the best possible job anyone can do at that school.

Hmmm. Not sure what to make of this comment. Are you saying St. Henry is not capable of competing for a regional title? Or at least winning a game in the regional?

St. Henry has state championship calibre girls teams in other sports. Why would basketball not be able to compete at that level?

Is there more talent at Scott than St. Henry?