Butler hires Wyatt Foust as girls basketball coach.

Coach Foust is a Muhlenberg South grad. He started out as a head coach for Notre Dame Academy, then left and became an assistant for the O-Cath boys program for one year. He has been the head girls coach at Murray for the past two seasons.

Congratulations and good luck to Coach Foust and the Bearettes!

Why would his fiancé leave and follow. If the pattern continues he will take an established program that someone else built, win with players not developed by him then run for the next job when his talent runs out. Within 3 years his fiancé is graduated and he is moving to the next school when they found out he is a scam.

Why would his fiancé leave and follow. If the pattern continues he will take an established program that someone else built, win with players not developed by him then run for the next job when his talent runs out. Within 3 years his fiancé is graduated and he is moving to the next school when they found out he is a scam.

GoldenDecisiveDuckling-small.gif

Dude is one heck of a Coach..... but I guess they can be “scams” in a way. Anyways, doesn’t take away from his coaching ability.

Dude is one heck of a Coach..... but I guess they can be “scams” in a way. Anyways, doesn’t take away from his coaching ability.

Explain this one please? I would like to know how his coaching ability has been on display because from what I saw at the state tourney people are still scratching their heads trying to figure out what he was trying to do.

How would seeding the tournament have helped them???

That’s a GREAT question. After Murray lost in the first round of the state tournament to Ryle, Coach Foust had some comments in the press conference about the tournament should be seeded. I guess it looks better to lose in the semi finals to the state champs then the first round because you know it’s about his legacy as a coach and not the kids. At least thats my two cents and people will disagree.

I don’t think seeding helps them either. Murray was way overmatched in that contest. Foust admitted that they don’t see players like Scherr or Schwartz. But I think they struggle to hang with a lot of the teams there. Murray was a gimmick. Literally stand and hold the ball for minutes at a time and really shorten the game to keep it tight.

I also agree about the game against Ryle. If you are a fan or foe of him, what w.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

I've only met the guy once or twice. I can't speak on him personally at all... but for a coach in his 20s who is trying to aggressively climb a coaching ladder, can you really fault him for identifying the locations primed for success?

Typically there are two types of coaches who get Head Coaching gigs in their 20s: Coaches who climb the ladder by identifying talent and knowing when to buy stock low and sell high... And coaches who are willing to stick around for 4-5+ years building a new culture. Sure there seems to be some appreciation for the long-term young coaches... but those guys usually don't get Butler as a 29 year old.

Thoughts?

I've only met the guy once or twice. I can't speak on him personally at all... but for a coach in his 20s who is trying to aggressively climb a coaching ladder, can you really fault him for identifying the locations primed for success?

Typically there are two types of coaches who get Head Coaching gigs in their 20s: Coaches who climb the ladder by identifying talent and knowing when to buy stock low and sell high... And coaches who are willing to stick around for 4-5+ years building a new culture. Sure there seems to be some appreciation for the long-term young coaches... but those guys usually don't get Butler as a 29 year old.

Thoughts?

He got the job at NDA with some significant help. If you ask that same person today if they would do it again given what they know then the answer would be NO. He must be a heck of an interviewer is all I can say. Here is what I see from an outsiders perspective. Took an NDA team (minus a significant player) that made it to the state finals to the regional finals and never made it back to the regional tournament. Issues arose and he left NDA to be an asst. at Owensboro Catholic (boys). Got the job at Murray with identical first year situation at Murray. Granted he ran into a "buzz saw" that was Mercer Co. Now that that talented group left Murray he's jumping ship again. It just screams that all he can do is jump where talent is and not develop it. Say what you want but it just looks bad to me.