Everything posted by Muskie
-
2017 Kelsey Sorrell Memorial Scrimmages
Won’t need much depth as long as Ruthsatz Frederick are healthy. But have plenty with Nowak, Deere, Diesken!
-
2017 Kelsey Sorrell Memorial Scrimmages
He did not play and had a knee brace on. Talk in stands was is hurt and maybe out 3-4 weeks.
-
2017 Kelsey Sorrell Memorial Scrimmages
Stayed to watch Cooper and SK. Thought Cooper really missed McNeil Hendrix but Runyon clearly is number two option. AK solid as always. Love Neice from SK he’s the next C.J. AK in the ninth!
-
2017 Kelsey Sorrell Memorial Scrimmages
Cov Cath led By CJ 23 AR 21 Nick T 8 Jack D 8. CJ Starts slow but had good all around game. Really rebounded and passed. Aiden Ruthsatz has improved from what I see very quick. Nick Thelen very much improved as well plays with an edge. Overall good day for Colonels against a well coached Oak Hills team.
-
Trinity 49 Simon Kenton 17
Is there any "history" with these two teams? A friend said Trinity ran a fake punt up 49-10 with 4 minutes left.
-
Who is your school's best Coach of all time?
I'm a Holmes guy. I'd probably go with Coach Flynn for really making Holmes into an annual power.
-
Campbell County's McKinley Miller Offered Full Ride to Univ of Akron
This girl is one of the fastest from home to third that I've seen in a long time.
-
9th Region Cats Pause 2017-18
Did I say something wrong?
-
Article About CovCath Possibly The Best Team In NKY History
You've got two MAC players committed. Grant Dyer will probably play some level of D1. You've got two sophomores that have a good chance to play Division 1. Coldiron? Nice looking prospect.
-
Top 10 Teams in the 9th
I did just that. Micheal has big fans of the CCH coaching staff! I stand corrected.
-
Article About CovCath Possibly The Best Team In NKY History
While this a is really strong team I think the level of competition is less than it was in past decades. I'm not sure if they're the best Covington Catholic team but they are in the discussion.
-
South Oldham 35 Highlands 34
Couldn't you argue that the picks were on the QB since the coach called a pass when the D wasn't expecting it due to the success running?
-
South Oldham 35 Highlands 34
Sometimes you just have to say you don't have enough talent.
-
John Rodenberg is out at Moeller (OH)
He won’t even be on Moellers list....... move on
-
9th Region Cats Pause 2017-18
Won't Macke have to sit out a year?
-
#1 Covington Catholic vs. Bullitt Central (5A Second Round)
The streak of boring games continues.
-
Ryle RB Jake Chisholm 'offered' by the University of Dayton
Jake is quoted as saying he got a 28 on his ACT. Really nice score but it's not going to get big academic scholarships at a lot of schools. That's not to demean the score. It's a strong score but it's tough to get academic money these days. A 28 at UK may get you $1500. Maybe. Dayton will give discounts to most students because they are a private school and need to discount/give grants. But a 28 doesn't put you in the top 25% of incoming students. Same with Wofford. My guess is EKU being a school that doesn't have to offer full athletic scholarships may be able to take a 28 ACT and combine it with football money and get it down to a lost cost. Morehead is in the same conference as UD but my guess is a 28 gets more money there than at UD. I read a quote from his coach saying Navy is interested. He could follow former Raider Gus Murray's footseps. He seems to have the mindset that would allow him to be successful at Navy.
-
#1 Trinity vs. #12 Campbell County (6A Second Round)
You're consistent.
-
Butler 20 Ryle 14
The Enquirer had a story about the game today and listed Parker Bisek as a Purdue commit. I thought he committed to a MAC school?
-
It's All in the Numbers: BGP's Thread of Math Problems, Puzzles, Teasers, Fun&Games!
Just like in high school I didn't read the problem very well. Missed that part about one boy guaranteed.
-
Butler 20 Ryle 14
Ryle finished the season as #2 in Northern KY. Losing to a middle of the road Louisville team shows that football in the northern part of the state wasn't strong this year. From the games I saw this year Ryle was limited offensively to a great running back and no passing game. I will miss watching Chisolm.
-
It's All in the Numbers: BGP's Thread of Math Problems, Puzzles, Teasers, Fun&Games!
The quick response would seem to be .5*.5*.5 .
-
Division 1 Players in your schools history
I believe one of the Hiltz Boys from Covington Catholic was trained by Coach Frederick and he was a walk on at Notre Dame. I think he’s a Blue Angel pilot today. Pretty Special kid. Had a buddy whose son graduated from Covington Catholic and said he gave one of the best speeches he ever heard at graduation. Cool stuff
-
The Next Generation of Helmets
Paul Daugherty: Bob Harty is a man on a mission - safety by helmet
-
Ryle’s Jake Chisholm - Raiders Career Rushing Leader
Seems like he could do well at Georgetown.