Everything posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD
-
2019-2022 Football Classification
Very big changes??? The 4A school is still playing up in 5A, Brian kept his job, he kept his staff, I'm not sure that's possible to have BIG changes. What constitutes a big change in your opinion? They not going to run around the field goal post any longer? That's about all we have left isn't it? I really do hope something big happens for the Birds. They have the talent now, it's time to get it done. No more excuses, its go time boys! I'm looking forward to next season.
-
2019-2022 Football Classification
Can anyone else confirm this? HHS is going to be 4A?
-
Highlands Head Coach on hot seat.
Here’s my two cents... I like BW and I think he’s a really good coach. That doesn’t mean he’s a really good head coach. I don’t know that I’ve seen enough of his head coaching to form an educated opinion. IMO the last two classes he had to coach were lean, lean on Sr talent. The SR class next year is really good. The JR class next year is absolutely loaded and so is the Soph class next year. With that being said, my main issue is whoever was responsible for choosing the QB last year should probably be fired IMO. It shouldn’t take until the playoffs to make that switch. Thank goodness he’s only a JR and coming back and they have a stud QB that will be a soph in Cam Hergott so that should help any QB issues. If this team can have a couple of kids grow on the line they can be REALLY good next year no matter who the head coach is.
-
Newport Central Catholic 67 Dixie Heights 62
Hey LB, Just not scoring much? I was kinda shocked not to see his name a little more these first couple of weeks.
-
Holmes at Highlands Predictions
I don't believe so. I could be wrong but I don't think son has beaten dad...yet.
-
Beechwood at Boone County predictions 11/28
You are probably correct.
-
Beechwood at Boone County predictions 11/28
I heard Cooper blew out Beechwood pretty bad last week. I'm leaning a little more towards Boone in this one. I think it will be a close one though.
-
South Oldham 35 Highlands 34
If you've really been paying attention then I definitely wouldn't use the word ISN'T...Maybe WASN'T... As you can read in past posts over the last 2 years it has been well documented that these last two classes didn't have the depth to be politically correct BUT the Jr class is good, the Soph class is loaded and the Frosh class is good as well. I'm sure there are many good schools but as far as knowing something about reality... Well, the reality is HHS is the 2nd winningest school in the whole United States behind Valdosta when it comes to wins and has many many state titles to back it up, so maybe your reality isn't the same as Highlands. Have you ever thought of that?
-
Highlands/South Oldham Updates
AND THATS WHY #18 SHOULDVE BEEN IN ALL YEAR. WOW...WHAT A TD
-
#4 South Oldham vs. Highlands (5A Second Round)
I don't disagree with you but Grady has passed the eye test out on the field when I've seen him play IMO, BUT I'm not at practice day in and day out. There has to be something we're missing I'd guess.
-
#4 South Oldham vs. Highlands (5A Second Round)
I don't have a dog in this fight but I don't know how you can put Schollman back in. Grady provides that spark and has the Birds playing better and better. Nothing against Carl but what does he do better than Grady at this point? I get that maybe Grady just wasn't ready at the start of the season which is why they went with Carl but he looks much better now and Carl hasn't done anything to keep the job or to wow you as the season progressed. Arm: Grady Mobility: Grady Accuracy: Grady (both could use work) Decision Making: ??? It Factor: Grady Thoughts?
-
Oldham County at Highlands (5A First Round)
915 Pub
-
Oldham County at Highlands (5A First Round)
I know everyone is banged up this time of year, but hopefully the Birds have healed up some these last two weeks. I believe I saw 6-7 soph starting/playing on D at one time during the Greenwood game a couple of weeks ago and it looked like we had 15 guys out last Friday during the Boone Cty game. Everyone is still banged up and trying to get healthy for the playoffs. IMO, HHS is still a year away from making a deeper run but it's hard to go into Highlands and get a win during playoff time. I like the Birds in this one if we can get some guys back on the field this week.
-
Boone County grass or turf?
There was more to the story but the main part is still true. He wanted to donate the majority of the money for the field to only Boone County and the county wouldn't come up with any other funds. The county wanted to share the gift he was giving. He politely declined.
-
Highlands/Greenwood Updates
Actually I believe it's 9:30 EST and 8:30CST. Can anyone confirm this?
-
5A #1 Covington Catholic vs. #9 Highlands
This is an easy one. HHS to score 24. Unfortunately I think CCH will score way more than 17. :ohbrother:
-
Should Schools Offer Live Streams?
I know Highlands has it but I believe it's a subscription process from a third party.
-
Simon Kenton 46 Highlands 30 (JV)
I missed the game but heard Ahlfeld one handed (Odell B) a long INT to start the game from SK. I guess they didn't need the offensive MVP from last year on offense today.
-
Simon Kenton 35 Highlands 30
Can the coaching staff survive this game? How can you blow two multi score leads in the 4th qtr, in back to back games????
-
6A #6 Simon Kenton vs. 5A Highlands
I'm not sure Shear has to throw one pass based on that last game. LCA's #4 made it 5-7 yards before anyone even touched his jersey. That was crazy.
-
Enrollment and Class assignment questions
I wonder if Highlands drops back down to 4A or stays playing up in 5A.
-
Highlands 3yr starter Michael Dunn receives 1st D-1 offer
Awesome! Congrats bud, that's a huge accomplishment.
-
5A #13 Highlands vs 3A #7 Lexington Catholic
If you knew the Ahlfeld boy was back at HHS then you don't seem too confused. I didn't know you needed to be anointed to be able play on both O and D at HHS. I thought you just needed to be able to help your team which he could do. So yes, that is interesting that you seem annoyed that coming from another school where the Ahlfeld boy only played varsity means he's not good enough to play at HHS? Why would you care if he's coming from Moyer Elementary or St Rita's School for the Deaf and Blind if he could help the team win. Also, Pump your breaks, I never said starter. I said help contribute to a offense and defense that has been less than stellar. I also said I'd have numerous kids going both ways if I thought it could help the team win not just the Huddleston and Ahlfeld kid. Truth be told, I'd be playing N Bowman, C Schwalbach, M Dunn, T Johnson, B Sisson and probably a couple more kids both ways. Not every play but definitely a majority. On a side note...I didn't bring up those two sophs to begin with, two other BGP'ers did. I simply said it would be nice to see them play but it's highly unlikely it happens until they get up to speed.
-
5A #13 Highlands vs 3A #7 Lexington Catholic
IMO, it isn't just a football issue, like you said it happens in other sports. I think it's a culture thing in the fort maybe. The good news is, it definitely seems like they are playing more underclassmen this year than they ever have in the 10 yrs I've been around the football program. I think some of that is the pressure for BW to win NOW. Everyone run's it's programs differently and it's hard to knock the results of the past, but the past isn't always a predictor of the future. You have to be able to evolve and grow as the landscape and culture changes.
-
5A #13 Highlands vs 3A #7 Lexington Catholic
Oh, I 100% agree with you. I don't think it's going to happen. It would just be nice to see them have a full compliment to help that defense that has been riddled with injuries and giving up too many points. Also, I wouldn't care if it was a Frosh, Soph, Jr, or Sr and if they showed up on Friday at 6:00 PM for the first time, if they could help me win they'd be playing that night if it was possible. LOL Jus sayin