Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BCHS-BLUEBIRD

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD

  1. Cusick is pretty quick but nobody is making England look slow on that team. He is a very good combination of speed and strength. He is probably 75% of Ryle's offensive presence and that team goes as he goes. Should be a good one in the rain.
  2. Oh, gotcha. I agree with that and that's not all on the coaches. That's probably more of a parent issue honestly.
  3. What? Come on... You don't think 30 years ago some were doing the bare min training and some were out there killing it? That doesn't change the fact that overall the kids today are training year round and are in better shape given the advantages of education, technology, training, 7-on-7's, Lineman challenges, etc than 30 years ago.
  4. I wonder how many other places would love to have that Cancerous horrible football environment that you call Ryle and HHS? Also, This isn't 1980, it doesn't make the kids soft if they aren't in full equip in 100 degree heat. These kids train year round now with the education of meal plans and training facilities that we never had. I'd bet money they are in better shape than 99.9% of us were as kids. These kids definitely AREN'T us and there kids definitely won't be them. Yes everyone needs a reality check now and again and hard practices are needed but great coaches adapt over time and find multiple ways to reach kids and don't need to just promise full equipment all week that ends up making a kids sick and sending someone to the ER to prove a point. Seems like a lose-lose situation to me.
  5. Seems a little crazy to me with the recent deaths to try to prove that point if your not happy with your team. I heard they had a kid go to the hospital afterwards. SMH
  6. Hail to the Victors!!! Go BCHS in this one!!!
  7. I don’t think the wolves ever go away. That’s why it’s Highlands, but they just need to keep getting better. Winning seems to help a bunch too!
  8. Are you thinking of Saturday games maybe? I don't get a chance to see those often. I thought the starting WR’s have been good thus far. AK came up huge against Campbell catching everything it seemed like and Nate has made some big time catches with a couple of TD’s and Hunter has a couple of TD’s and the only ball he hasn’t brought in all season was on his hip at full speed (pic attached). Grady has a cannon. He just needs to crank it up on those deeper balls. I 100% agree with you if it hits the hands you should be catching it... but... it’s hard to run away from any routes when the kids have to keep coming back for it. The passing game is a dance, the O-Line needs to help the QB with the pocket and then the QB need’s to lead the WR and then the WR has to catch it. It’s a perfect marriage/car crash. In high school football those don’t always happen like they should. IMO it sounds like Ryle and HHS QB’s/WR’s need to be working before/after practice on learning each other’s timing. Timing is EVERYTHING at any level of football. I think Grady missing the off season hurt the timing a little for HHS. They will be fine with a little more practice. Ryle has a new QB and they will need time as well to get used to his throwing style.
  9. I’m a fan, but I’ll believe a heathy England when we can see it. He’s a really good RB but hasn’t been able to shake the injury bug in years. I also think the new Ryle QB struggles against this HHS D. Should be a good one!
  10. Wondering what Ryle will do for offense if England can't go. He's a great RB when he's on the field but hasn't been able to stay healthy for a whole season. Hope the young man can shake the injury bug.
  11. Didn't Cooper get crushed by Ryle in a scrimmage just a few weeks ago? :ohbrother:
  12. I think it will be more of an eye test. Scores don't always tell the story IMO. Make no mistake, the Birds are 100% not supposed to win this game on paper, but they don't know that. This team believes they have a chance every Friday. They aren't going to win every game but it's a process and they are trying to get better and better everyday. Best case, everyone learns from this game and comes out of it injury free.
  13. I agree. As much as I would love it, I don't think the Birds even have to win Friday to make a statement. Scott County is a well run, big 6A powerhouse program.
  14. I sure hope we struggle like they did last week and have 600 yards rushing and 8 TD's.
  15. I thought his short and intermediate throws were clean. You are correct its just a timing issue on the deep ball. It think they will be fine. Grady has to be able to throw the receiver open on the deep ball. He definitely has the arm. I don't think he over threw one deep ball. The WR's were coming back for the passes or stopping. That can't happen on the HR/deep pass. Again, that's just a timing issue with QB/WR and with him getting comfortable under game speed/pressure situations.
  16. Who got the nod at QB for Beechwood?
  17. LOVE IT!!!! Well done.
  18. Is that program heights? If so they are actually 5'6-5'11. LOL jk
  19. I agree. Hopefully both sides came out of it without injury. Both teams got in some good work which is what was needed. I'm not sure what adjustments were made at halftime but the running game seemed to do a lot better. Wes Bowling had some nice runs. It will be nice to have Coop back on the field. Seemed that Huddy and Ahlfeld are as advertised thus far and played really well. I think they both become even better with Coop back at RB. Very hard to plan for all 3. If King and Sisson can make a couple of catches at TE to soften things up, look out. This D-line will cause problems for other teams. Zach Lewin was bringing it last night. IMO, the DB's played much better than they did in the 7-v-7. Ballard had some crazy tall WR's. That long TD on 4th and 2 hurt but I thought Greene played great other than that one play. I'm not sure who's fault that TD was at the end of the game. I know Armstrong was getting picked on but someone has to recognize that and switch him out or put someone over the top. That is a simple fix IMO, as you said, I think everyone saw that play coming. My advice: "Learn from it and don't look back...you're not going that direction!"
  20. Next Friday you have a hungry Cooper team trying to leave a mark and you have a revamped Highlands team who is looking to prove a point. Let the fireworks begin. It should be a good one.
  21. I'm going to try to get down there early so I can see some of the JV kids play too. Do you know what time they are going to play? I heard 6ish? Are they spliting the field with Frosh too? Do we know how long they are supposed to play?
  22. It will be nice to see how the O and D lines do against 6A competition. I think Grady will be sharper now that he has been back for a few weeks. It will be nice to see the 2 headed monster of Schwalbach and Huddy in action at RB. Add in Ahlfeld and Roberts on the outside with the FREAK(Sisson) at tight end and this team has the ability to put up a lot of points. It's been a few years since Highlands has had 3 kids with "HR" capabilities in Huddy, Ahlfeld and Coop that can all score at any given time. It's also been a while since they've had a legit 6'4+ big bodied TE that can catch. I'm looking forward to seeing the boys progress over the next few weeks/months.
  23. Hard to turn down that KY Blue! Congrats to that young man he has put in the work.
  24. So then I'm guessing that's a no on the UK offer??? Otherwise we would've heard something by now. UK isn't something you usually keep under wraps.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.