Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BCHS-BLUEBIRD

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD

  1. You've got fiasco right! LOL :deadhorse:
  2. Strong statement. That would be a good tread to start. Who has the best starting 5 in NKY.
  3. Love HHS...Hate HHS...Just make sure your still talking about HHS! Biggest game of the year in NKY is this week with Ryle and SK and this tread is about HHS BBall/Football wins and it has more attention on it. LOL Crazy HHS fans...
  4. Who is the JV QB normally? I have a hard time believing he is the reg JV QB. Didn't play very good against the HHS freshmen. Conner threw 4 INT's I believe and he seemed to really struggle on D.
  5. I don't disagree with what your saying. It's always hard to place the smaller schools. I think you have a true top 3 and then the middle tier'd schools and then some of the schools that have really struggled this year.
  6. I agree HHS needs to use these building blocks or anything they can grab a hold of for motivation and take a step in the right direction. I think it has to start with this Friday. The Birds season thus far has been a disappointment no doubt...BUT...if they can somehow-someway figure out how to win Friday it would help them immensely going forward. If they lose badly to Cov Cath...IT'S GONNA BE UGLY IN THE FORT.
  7. No way HHS is better than Ryle until that gets settled on the field. HHS has had some bonehead games that never should've ended the way they did...BUT...they did. HHS only loss this year should be from Trinity IMO (HHS was actually winning that one in the 4th qtr but ran out of gas to a really good team) Winner's win...if Ryle's record is much better than HHS then I give them the nod until proven otherwise. We actually play Ryle next week so that question should be answered REAL SOON. My Top Ten... 1a Cov Cath (TBD) 1b Ryle (TBD) 3 Highlands 4a Beechwood 4b SK 6 NCC 7 Conner 8 Cooper 9 Campbell 10 Boone
  8. I agree there is a major difference, but how do you know they couldn't compete or be better if not given a REAL chance. I know the frosh isn't getting a chance but are the JV? I agree something is up, the JV isn't competing enough or not given a good enough look at. You would think everything would be on the table at this point.
  9. I agree. Do something... Seems like the Ft Thomas folks are upset with the perception that the coaches aren't doing anything to fix it. Not saying they could, but I haven't heard of any big changes. Example, I know the kids playing DB/S on varsity are hard working but they very, very small. Can't the JV bring up some kids that could help from a size and speed standpoint at DB/S. Also, why haven't studs like Sisson, Schwalbach and few others been moved up to help out? Heck, I know for a fact that 3 of the starting Frosh kids (S, DB, LB) are taller and bigger than what the varsity fields. I would even go out on a limb to say that Huddleston hits harder than all of the varsity DB/S out there. Just don't understand the reason they wouldn't try...What do you have to lose at this point?
  10. To answer your question, I thought I saw on this tread where CCH only has 22 kids. I don't think they are "only" playing to win. I think they don't have enough bodies to do that.
  11. I agree it was just some tongue-n-cheek over the HHS-CCH rivalry that everyone loses each others minds over. Both teams battled hard last night.
  12. HHS did last night. That's how 2 of CCH's TD's came. Freshman or not...maybe actually try to win the one game of the year vs CCH??? :idunno: I know, I know, freshman winning doesn't matter. I thought that went out the door for CCH though. LOL
  13. Zero reason this birds team should be 3-3. Take nothing away from CCH they went out and won that game. Congrats to that good group of boys. It was nice to see a couple of the boys on both teams shake hands and show respect to each other as the game was expiring(before the handshake at the 50).
  14. I mean it has to be something right? They've got to make the corrections ASAP if they are going to salvage this season. All that of speed you speak of gave up 77 points last Friday(mostly from the pass).
  15. So you think its...bad coaching, bad technique or both right now given the record.
  16. To answer your question...ZERO. Ryle and SK can relax, I'm not taking a shot at you. Its not because they won't be(I hope you become that), but you aren't in that discussion yet. Until the monsters in the Ville worry about you every year, you're not ELITE. I thought Ryle was going to be at that point when Warner was coaching but he had a few off years and they ran him out. Crazy to say but I honestly don't to think NKY has had an elite 6A program since Boone County back in 1980's-1990's. Boone County was a threat to everyone and feared no one. Of course we had Shaun Alexander(Class of 95) and that helped. LOL The reality was Boone Cty was a huge powerhouse well before #37 came along. Those days have long passed for my Rebels but I hope to see another 6A school take that next step soon. Will it be Ryle, SK, Cooper, Conner even BCHS? I think these 6A schools are all finally making strides as they have feeder programs now like HHS has done for years. IMO they are starting to see the fruits of that labor.
  17. "Curious who is #77 and is he a 2 way lineman?" Lucas Jones. Good kid, plays some bball too. He's definitely more of a football kid though. He got banged up in the SK/Cov Cath game and was out. Hope is okay.
  18. :ohbrother: My beloved REBELS... Such a sad state of affairs. Will that program ever get turned around?
  19. I think everyone will be shocked if its NOT a running clock at the SK vs HHS game. The real question is can HHS recover and salvage anything from this season? Seems to be a combo of the NKY 6A schools hitting their stride(great to see) and HHS not playing as everyone comes to expect. No excuses here, everyone has got to get better to quite the naysayers. That's players, coaches, and parents(apparently)!
  20. Please tell me that didn't all go down? I didn't make the trip to the Ville last night. We're parents and kids yelling and booing a coach W about their child not playing?
  21. My apologies, I was just trying to add that transfers for many different reasons happen as well. I'm guessing you don't know that story. Not my laundry to air, but using the word "Letting" was the proper word to use IMO. Anyway, good luck to SK next week they should get a couple of kids back and it will be needed against a solid Cov Cath team. Birds have a bye next week before we take on Cov Cath next too.
  22. Also kids transferring schools for multiple reasons(moving/divorce/etc). Example...I have a feeling letting Matt Shearer walk out the door to go to SK will cause HHS fits for a few years to come. We had SK's number this year but they got us last year at home. I have a feeling both schools will be just fine.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.