Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions (Frosh) 9/28

ABC2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year at Highlands, the Birds were on the verge of blowing the Blueboys out. And then the Colonels stopped the 4 same plays up the middle from the 1 yard line to change the momentum and to go on to beat the Birds. Hopefully those decisions don't happen again. Would love to see the Birds win. Let their talent win the game and don't get in the way guys. Birds by 14!

Last year at Highlands, the Birds were on the verge of blowing the Blueboys out. And then the Colonels stopped the 4 same plays up the middle from the 1 yard line to change the momentum and to go on to beat the Birds. Hopefully those decisions don't happen again. Would love to see the Birds win. Let their talent win the game and don't get in the way guys. Birds by 14!

May have been the worst play calling I have ever seen from the 1 yard line at any level.

Good luck Birds! I expect Huddy and the rest of the Birds to be extremely jacked up for this one.

Birds by 6

Not sure what Cov Cath brings to table. The birds D has playing very nice this year. They flat out get after people. There are guys up front on both sides of the ball that could be competing for playing time on Friday nights next year. If they can get the running game going to help get some of the pressure of Hollingsworth it could be a long night for cov cath. I like our chances with the passing game if they will give him a little time. He has a very fast release and the ball gets to the receivers now. I thinks it's going to be a great night and the start of something special for this group of freshmen.

Not sure what Cov Cath brings to table. The birds D has playing very nice this year. They flat out get after people. There are guys up front on both sides of the ball that could be competing for playing time on Friday nights next year. If they can get the running game going to help get some of the pressure of Hollingsworth it could be a long night for cov cath. I like our chances with the passing game if they will give him a little time. He has a very fast release and the ball gets to the receivers now. I thinks it's going to be a great night and the start of something special for this group of freshmen.

Just so I'm clear, you're not sure what CovCath brings to the table, but you are calling for a long night for CovCath (assuming Highalnds establishes the run)?

I've seen both of these teams play multiple games this year, and both are really good teams and should make for a great night in Park Hills. But unless the Colonels are having a down night, they will take this one. They have impressive lines and should dictate this game especially if highlands starting RB is still out. I'm sure highlands #10 will break some, but IMO #10 for the Colonels is just as impressive and he isn't even the best player on their team. #77 (I believe that's his number) for the Colonels has been the best player I've seen for this freshman league this year. But I haven't caught a Ryle game yet.

I've seen both of these teams play multiple games this year, and both are really good teams and should make for a great night in Park Hills. But unless the Colonels are having a down night, they will take this one. They have impressive lines and should dictate this game especially if highlands starting RB is still out. I'm sure highlands #10 will break some, but IMO #10 for the Colonels is just as impressive and he isn't even the best player on their team. #77 (I believe that's his number) for the Colonels has been the best player I've seen for this freshman league this year. But I haven't caught a Ryle game yet.

Curious who is #77 and is he a 2 way lineman?