Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

STEEL_CURTAIN88

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by STEEL_CURTAIN88

  1. Depth upfront is the issue I see. That and an understanding of the new blocking rules. Good way to start off the season.
  2. My Rams surprised me. Much more polished offensively than I expected. Damon looked poised and comfortable and made great decisions. Cam is deadly with the screen, Dalton is sure handed and catches well in traffic, and once the timing is down, Black has a great deep threat in Gunner Lewis, that Sophomore had a great game.
  3. Rams have a mental edge over the Dawgs, but LC should be improved from last year and the rams will take a step back, imo at least early on. I still think we will find a way to win. Right now the Rams need to play fundamental football and take care of the pigskin. This is a big first game for both teams, both squads need to start off with a win, desperately. Rams 20 Dawgs 14
  4. Greenup is a team in transition that will rely on any success they have. Scott Grizzle knows how to win, but the program as a whole is still learning to do just that. That being said, none of the Greenup County teams faced anything like what they will see in their district games and much if their regular season schedule. No one will show much offensively and defensively, most coaches look for effort and see what kind of depth they are goina have looking at their 1s vs their 2s, different groups, etc. I expect all three Greenup Co schools to be much better than what they showed in the grid.
  5. We are just inexperienced all over the place except for Tyus at DE, Justin Fairchild at OL/DL, Tanner at C and Cam at WR. Growing pains will be the name of the game...if they can weather the storm early and stay healthy, they could make a run come playoff time because there is talent all over the field, but it's young...
  6. I have heard good things about Dalton.
  7. Spoke w his grandmother the other day and he is indeed playing. Double edged sword for me, if he stays healthy he is an absolutely tremendous asset in all three phases of the game. Very quick and elusive young man. Good defender, good rb/wr, and could really help out on special teams as well. On the other hand I would hate to see him hurt to the point that it hinders his baseball career.
  8. Spoke w his grandmother the other day and he is indeed playing. Double edged sword for me, if he stays healthy he is an absolutely tremendous asset in all three phases of the game. Very quick and elusive young man. Good defender, good rb/wr, and could really help out on special teams as well. On the other hand I would hate to see him hurt to the point that it hinders his baseball career.
  9. I dont think tallent will be in any way an issue. We habe sime really nice playera returning. If Damon develops a presents in the pocket and uses his speed going north to south and not east to west, we will be fine in the passing game with Dalton and Cam on the outside. Judd should indeed be a big time play maker for us. And Lacks has alot of speed i just hope he stays healthy. Who is looking to take over at the Y slot vacated by Bub Cherry?
  10. Phelps will be replaced by Phelps, his younger bro. From what I hear he is faster, but not as strong. Similar to Kent as a Soph. The QB is theor biggest question mark for me. But i expect them to be strong upfront again and expect to see more of Ty Allen out of the backfield. I dont think they will be as big play heavy this year, more diverse offensively will be the key. They had a kid in Phelps last year that ran the jet as good as anyone. Gotta spread the wealth a bit more thisbyear
  11. THINGS lol not THONGS lol
  12. QB position and OL will be a big issuebfor Fairview this season imo. Hopefully they can put somethings together though. I loke Fred Ray and hopefully they cam do some thongs to get their numbers back up.
  13. Black throws the ball really well. But has had an issue performing on Friday nights. I think its a mental thing though. His ability is absolutely incredible as an athelete. Very quick footed and has huge potential if he will stay in the pocket. But he hasnt had alot of reps with a starting offense or the chance to have his confidence boosted by alot of reps with starting OL and WR. Imo, he gives you the besr option just based on his skill set. But, Adkins has a year of varsity experience and leadership at QB is key. Either way its going to be a learning process with Growing pains for eother kid. But i have faith in Hoof at thr QB coach. He made Nathaniel a completely different QB from his Jr to Sr year. Potential is in the locker room to be very good this year. Just goina have to weather the storm for the first few weeks imo.
  14. I dont expect Hunter to play football. Imo, i hate to lose him, but its the better decision looking at his future.
  15. Freddie is an incredible color guy. TD Hazard as I type lol!
  16. Paintsville didnt respond well to being stopped by Raceland, if you contain their big plays, you win. Not enough variety offensively for the tigers.
  17. I think BW is flying under the Radar by their standards. They are young, but as always, EXTREMELY well coached.
  18. East is trending up, the west has never been heavy with good teams. Their Beechwood and Russellville and thats really it. Right now, the entire eastern bracket has legit title contenders. Seeing any of them in BG will not suprise me. If the western rep isnt BW or Rville, I'll pick numbers off of the team that is and play them in the dang lottery!
  19. This game is probably the most likely to have a chance at an upset in round 2. But i dont see it happening. Hazard 28 Wburg 14
  20. Rams 38 Jackets 14 Rain 12ft by halftime. Darkness as soon as the sun goes down. I believe it was Salmons' sr year when half the lights went out and they lost two game balls over the hill that night. Its the rainiest and darkest place on the planet lol.
  21. Personally, i didnt mind the call to go to Cherry in the endzone to win the game. Just didnt like the set up and running two wrs to the one side that he is on and allowing for double coverage to free up a defender, who got the int. if it were me, i'd have gone trips to one side and tried to get Cherry 1 on 1. You win as a team and lose as a team, but, the kids dont call the plays. The PLAYERS did not leave anything but guts on the field. A great ball game, great atmosphere, but I hope with everything I have the Rams can figure out a way to win the big games.
  22. I agree. I think Raceland has the better "clock" offense. Bailey, Judd, and the intermediate passing game with Cherry should allow Raceland to take time off the clock. Which, imo, is the approach we should/will take. Almost of of Paintsville's passing game has been big plays off play action. The team who plays the most balanced defense will win. If we can keep Allen out of the backfield on passing plays and play good containment on defense, the Rams should win by 1 or 2 scores. If they give up big plays to Phelps, Morris and the younger Allen kid at WR, then it turns into a shootout. I think its a close game and Raceland pulls away at the end.
  23. We ran about 1/32 of our playbook, starting RB was out (to be fair, many teams would love to have a Judd Adkins as their starter, let alone their 2nd RB), no focus whatsoever. Each and every player in a Ram jersey last night left their "give a crap" at home. Looking ahead, very little concern as to if they COULD lose the game against the Eagles, DBs trying to make ints instead of focusing on knocking the ball down or a making a tackle and slow. That was what I saw out of the Rams last night. But they still managed a 5 td win. This was the first time this season I have seen us go out and not smack people in the mouth offensively. I think alot of it was by design though. Hopefully we are at our best next week.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.