Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old-School-Football

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old-School-Football

  1. How long before we see Waggener? No mention at this time. Best team nobody is talking about?
  2. Just a great place to watch a game and wish the Highlands kids/fans the best of luck this year. #10 for Trinity better get his butter fingers under control. He was very fortunate the coaches continued to give him the ball. If he didn't turn it over 3-4 times, the game could have been a little different. Agree both QBs did a nice job for the Rocks. You simply can't throw a pick right to a D-Lineman. That one caught me off guard a little bit. Outside of that, I look for both guys to grow throughout the season. Kam Hendrick was solid up front for the Rocks. He opened up some pretty big holes for the RBs. Also had a few solid series at nose guard. Love the WRs, TE had a few nice grabs, #35 on defense and special teams. #32 was solid all day. Hope this group can put together another solid season. Compliments to the Highlands WR catching all of the deep balls. That kid is going to be solid if he continues to work. QB put a few deep balls right on target. Few guys to rally behind for the Bluebirds.
  3. Mercy took the Freshman game 2-1. Sacred Heart has one Freshman playing exclusively on JV and another Freshman playing JV/Varsity. Both of them sat out the Freshman game. Sacred Heart took the JV contest 2-1. I have to say, it was entertaining to watch all three levels yesterday. Both Varsity Teams loaded with talent and I had a blast spending my Sunday afternoon in the SHA gym.
  4. Yes - he transferred in from outside of Louisville.
  5. Burns having a great pre-season camp with Ohio State. He might pave the way for this young man up in Columbus. Long way to go but you have to think it would be really cool to see 2 Trinity guys playing for Urban with so much up side. Really good for KY high school football. His name is actually Stephen...just like Steven...pronounced the same way. Just want to clear that up as you guys make plans to see him and discuss over the coming months/years.
  6. Agreed...Freshman was an issue with Lucas the past few years. Just low numbers. Give it some time, Carmony will have the Crimsons playing solid football at all levels. And rest easy, academics will remain a priority.
  7. Good looking ball player. Fun to watch!! Speed on the outside I can't say I've seen before.
  8. Same to you Thunderbirds. I'm making the trip and can't wait to visit Highlands once again. I have the same appreciation and respect for the Highlands program. Always a fun trip and miss our varsity scrimmage games. Outstanding hospitality when we come to town.
  9. Trinity Soph DE Stephen Herron offered by Ohio State last night. Enjoy watching this guy for the next 3 years. He is a special player even as a Soph. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few weeks ago...made a strong first impression. Seems to be a strong character kid with his priorities in order.
  10. Never in my life have I ever seen a team at Trinity with 20 - 40 kids. What year are you talking about?
  11. This team should remind most Shamrock fans of the 2014 State Champions. Previous season, most of the starters finished with an undefeated JV schedule. The team was loaded with a bunch of JV experience against a crazy schedule including Colerain, Moeller, Cathedral, etc - when they made the move to Varsity, that bunch finished at .500 but managed to put together a memorable State Championship run. Agree with ShamrockChamps, reasonable expectations early in the year but I do believe this team is worthy of the pre-season #1 ranking. This is a very talented group. Ensworth will be much improved and they too have a lot of talented kids. Hope someone can share an update on the kid from Ensworth going to UL. He looks like a talented player.
  12. Not sure if we will see Grantham in the Freshman games. True, he is a Freshman at T but he may see more action on the JV or varsity level. Not sure. I know he was dressed and played in the McCracken scrimmage. Hearing nothing but good things.
  13. Go Rocks! Even up the series with Ensworth and make it 2-2. Be careful...Ensworth can't be happy with the outcome from last year. I bet they still have a pretty bad taste in the mouth.
  14. QB should be as good as any you will see on the Freshman level. Kam Hendrick is a huge body with surprising speed on the O & D Line. I think we will also hear from Ryan Miller - another kid just like Hennis. Going to make an impact on one side of the ball or the other.
  15. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. NB is strong but I think 6th and 7th regions are both up for grabs. Fairdale and Holy Cross are having strong years in the 6th - Bullitt East can beat anyone on a good day. Haven't seen Butler or PRP yet but you know the boys on Dixie Highway always bring a quality product to the yard. What is the story around the Spencer County run rule over NB?
  16. Both guys are outstanding students in addition to being 3 year starters on the O-Line for Trinity. President and VP of the Senior class. Thank you for calling that out, Clyde. We're talking about 30 + ACT scores. If I'm not mistaken, Hiestand got the perfect score and Karem was going back to give it another shot. I've personally enjoyed watching the young men grow up on and off the field and especially the relationships with both sets of parents. Both schools are getting top notch football players with high Academic priorities. So many positive stories about young men just like this from around the Commonwealth. I really enjoy reading about the Academic guys that still have the desire to play at the next level. Full package!! Congrats to all!!
  17. Please add... Michael Hiestand, Trinity - Univ of Chicago Justin Karem, Trinity - Dayton
  18. What is the situation with Lightfoot? From what I've seen, both are talented QB's. Both guys in the same class? Best of luck to the former Shamrock in the off season, hitting the camp circuit and going into 7-on-7. Agree with All Tell, would have been interesting going into Junior season at Trinity with the potential to start 2 years for the Rocks (still would have been a tough competition with Blackburn).
  19. Jeffersontown 8 Seneca 3
  20. In the Louisville area, I can recommend... http://WWW.SHRED-FIT-ACADEMY.COM Corey Taylor Sports Performance Training Louisville | CTSP Yes - both of my kids have improved due to off season training (football & volleyball). I think 8th grade is a great time to start. Just before you take that next step to High School. You can adjust your work out as you get older and prep for college. Big fan!
  21. Congratulations and best of luck to Coach Rigdon. Personally, I would have gone in another direction. I was informed another applicant in the running may have brought all the right ingredients to the table. Graduate of JHS, retired fire fighter that later completed his teaching requirements, won multiple championships in the Optimist program, coached for a number of years at JHS as an assistant and played under Coach Steve Bocko - the coach at JHS when they produced many of the schools best seasons. I believe deep down in my heart this is a 'community' school and needed a community guy to turn things around. The guy I'm talking about has been nothing short of an amazing role model to the youth in this community and an asset to JHS for many years. I sure hope he sticks around. In this case, you have to trust the administrators and get behind the new guy. J-Town is a struggling program but has the support of a great City Council - and a history of producing college athletes and a solid NFL alumni in Oliver Barnett (UK all time sacks leader). Will be an up hill climb but maybe the new guy has a few new tricks to get the program going in the right direction.
  22. Please add.. Ethan Adams, St X - Louisville PWO from a few months ago we missed.
  23. Congrats and best of luck. What a special kid to have this sort of academic goals and still have the fire in his belly to play football. Nice group of PWO's for UL. Maybe a few of them can make an impact down the road. Just to be a part of the continued growth would be fun.
  24. I hope all of them are still on a college campus next year - at the very least, getting a college education.
  25. Trinity JV undefeated last year and I think the Freshman lost 1 game. Also pretty confident Male had the same result except the JV may have had the only loss. I don't think the landscape of 6A will change in 2016 - Dogs and Rocks will be in the thick of things even with so many players moving on to college Rosters.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.