Everything posted by thehotsnakes
-
No more crack blocks!! Is football getting too soft?
For every good, "hard nosed" play that many people seem to relish, there are just as many cheap shots that have zero impact on the current play. They're either all okay, or they'll all against the rules. Having that interpretation doesn't help anyone, and anyone could spin most blocks as being clean and "hard nosed" types of plays. If we want football to thrive and grow, these are the things that are going to have to happen. I've seen far too many people go head hunting on a turnover or long play, and just trying to hurt somebody.
-
NFHS urges college and pro teams to recognize Friday as 'High School Football Night'
I know this is probably the wrong crowd to say this around, but I'd rather watch college football than high school football 99% of the time. Honestly, I'd rather watch mid-level D2, D3 and NAIA schools over a vast majority of high school games. Outside of the top tier teams in a state/region, it isn't exactly always exciting to watch. The players are bigger and stronger and faster, and that makes for a more exciting product, at least to me.
-
Scimmage Goals
Here are the 10 goals of a scrimmage. 1. Stay healthy 2. Figure out if your team is who you thought. 3. Stay healthy 4. Get live action without it being on your record. 5. Stay healthy 6. Start to figure out what you can and can't do. 7. Stay healthy. 8. Put your team in situations to challenge and better them. 9. Stay healthy. 10. Try and come away feeling good or excited about the regular season.
-
Elizabethtown 2017
Hah, totally forgot about that. Either way, they're playing in the finals.
-
Elizabethtown 2017
Barring massive injuries or some unforeseen problems, I fully believe E-town ends their season in Bowling Green.
-
Open Job: Fulton City
So, are they going to be able to field a team this season or just fold the program?
-
Caverna hires.....
You can't put me on the spot like that. I believe the article said he had been the DC at a high school in Indianapolis last year. More than anything, for it to be such a small school this late in the off season, this seems like a solid hire. I wish him the best, and would love someone to get anything established at Caverna.
-
Caverna hires.....
Eric Lasley to lead the program. And now, all jobs are filled. Lasley introduced as Caverna football coach | Sports | glasgowdailytimes.com
-
Cross Bracketing
I'd be interested to know why 2A is very different. I have an idea. And I would really like to know what schools voted what way. I think some of them might be predictable.
-
No Association Between HS Football and Cognitive Impairment
Huh huh, okay then.
-
The 15 Least Performing Counties In Kentucky High School Football
Aren't the Fultons the two smallest schools playing football?
-
Open Job: Ballard Memorial
Ballard Memorial is apparently open.
-
Open Job: Caverna
Has Caverna been able to give their coaches teaching positions? It's hard to keep anyone in that situation, and almost impossible if you aren't willing to give them anything.
-
Open Job: Caverna
So, no one on that team had ever played more than a season for the same coach? That's rough.
-
QUIZ: Name the Football Playing Counties Who Have Yet To Reach a State Finals
I'm proud of my 48 right. Although, that comes more from my geographic knowledge and just hammering out counties I knew. Looking through that list, though, there really aren't any names that surprised me. And one of the biggest things that stuck out to me was that out of that 58, only 4 of them had multiple schools in the county. And those only had 2.
-
Question. Who is the BEST High School Head Football Coach in the State of KY?
Dudley was brought in to be someone who got them onto a bigger stage with better games, and he didn't. In a district that lost Boyle and LEX Cath, the best he got was 3rd. I think he has to be mentioned, but not on the same list as the other big names.
-
Question. Who is the BEST High School Head Football Coach in the State of KY?
What would be the +/- each of the top level coaches is worth to one of those bottom tier teams? Just purely as part of their coaching prowess and such, what could that be set at? Is Haywood a +3? Wallace a +3?
-
Open Job: Apollo
Is this because he wants to or because they can't find someone?
-
Question. Who is the BEST High School Head Football Coach in the State of KY?
There's vastly different metrics for figuring out the best. The guy who has good deep playoff runs but no rings, even with minimal talent? The dude with a fist worth of rings? Purely on win total? I mean, if someone finished with 7 and 8 wins pretty much every year, at a large number of schools in this state, I would say that guy is one heck of a coach. But, you do that at the top 5-10 schools and you're literal human garbage.
-
Playoff structure question
That wouldn't happen. It's only rotating within the same side. It stays within East and West.
-
Football Realignment
But is that total enrollment or just male enrollment?
-
Football Realignment
Would there be anyone in the state who would be right on that bottom level of their class who would be better suited geographically to play down? I'm sure there is someone, but I honestly can't think of anybody right now who stands out.
-
Doctors and football injuries
I think the knowledge of what can/does happen with recurring injuries has increased a lot.
-
Playoff structure question
Thank you for help me prove my point. Russell County played East Jessamine. Scott played Johnson Central. RC to EJ= 1 hour, 35 minutes. Scott to JC= 3 hours, 11 minutes Now, if they were switched: RC to JC= 3 hours, 21 minutes Scott to EJ= 1 hour, 46 minutes Last year, someone made a long drive. But, you're upset because under the new system someone is having to make a long drive. Would it have sucked for Russell County? Yeah. But you know who it actually did suck for? Scott. You say the drive is "insaner" with cross bracketing, even though it's an 10 minute difference if you switch teams.
-
Playoff structure question
Then explain. Because I'm lost. Someone, every year, is making an insane drive. Under this new plan, it's not the same people every year. The drive is being made, it was made last year. And the year before that. And every year before that. The drive exists, the only difference is now new teams are being asked to make that every drive occasionally. How else can that be spun?