Everything posted by Straitshooter
-
8th Region Week 12 in Review: Walton-Verona and Collins remain 1-2
Sounds like Cardsrule has a lot more respect for Anderson than he did at the beginning of the season. When it comes down to it, I will take the team that goes to the region regularly over one that's only been once in 17 years. I think Hyatt has them ready for the postseason.
-
11th region tournament
Due to a scheduling conflict at EKU, the first round of both the boys and girls region will be played at the home sites of district tournament winners. The 11th region hasn't done this in as long as I can remember. Do any other regions do this?
-
Frederick Douglass - 2019 Schedule
If it is true that they have to play all FCPS schools, then they only get to schedule 1 game. 5 FCPS games that are required plus the 4 district games that are required. So there isn't much they can do. From a travel standpoint I would love it. 8 games in your own city is nice.
-
New Offensive Coordinator at Highlands
Googling his name brings up his time as an WR coach at Morehead. It does say he is a graduate of Valdosta State. He graduated high school from North Gwinnett and coached there as well.
-
BluegrassPreps Boys Basketball Top 20 Rankings Week 10 Discussion
Perhaps. It is obviously subjective. I have not seen Bowling Green play this year but I have seen they have won 5 of 6. Maybe they are a mess. I have probably seen LCA play more than you have this year and they just don't pass the eye test. It's hard to see any team that could fall to the 4 seed in their district be ranked 3rd in their region. They have one player. Either way it will all be sorted out in a couple weeks. This is just good discussion.
-
BluegrassPreps Boys Basketball Top 20 Rankings Week 10 Discussion
Bowling Green- they only have 4 losses and two of them are to the #2 team.
-
BluegrassPreps Boys Basketball Top 20 Rankings Week 10 Discussion
What does Lexington Christian have to do to drop in the polls? They have losses to Scott County (by 50), Trinity (by 35), a bad Dunbar team, a bad Lexington Catholic team, Lafayette, West Jessamine, and have lost two in a row. They are ranked 6th in their region on the region thread but 3rd in the region in this poll. They could potentially be in the 4/5 game of their district.
-
Great Crossing - 2019 Schedule
I think there is some leeway when you play in a district with 5 teams and someone has to have a bye during the district weeks. It is really hard to find teams during the district weeks that are also on byes.
-
Frederick Douglass - 2019 Schedule
Fayette County doesn't give any money to athletics other than the coach's stipend so I would welcome staying in town to play as many as I could if I had to fundraise for my buses.
-
Ballard goes split squad to play 2 games the same night
I doubt it. It's not really any different than baseball teams playing two game in a day.
-
Scott County's Billy Hicks goes for win 1000 tonight
- Scott County's Billy Hicks goes for win 1000 tonight
Is that official? I think I remember a couple years ago where KHSAA and Hicks had a disagreement over how many wins he had.- Frederick Douglass QB
Did the Frederick Douglass QB graduate early and enroll at Cincinnati? I saw he played in a all-star bowl game recently. I have heard rumors he either graduated early or returned to Knott County.- Woodford County 69 Collins 62
I don't understand why you can't see that this will be tougher for Spencer now. For 18 of the last 20 years Spencer hasn't even been one of the top 2 teams in their district. Add in another school (who plays in the same district as Franklin County, a team Spencer has lost to 3 years in a row and isn't even a factor in the 11th region) and this will make it harder for Spencer County. If you think that adding Woodford is like adding Eminence to your district you are delusional.- Woodford County 69 Collins 62
That may be true, but if they do get to the 8th region tournament I think they will have more success than they did in the 11th. Top to bottom the two regions aren't comparable.- Henry Clay 52 Trinity 50
One thing about teams like Trinity and teams that are traditionally toward the top of the 11th region is they have a hard time getting people outside their region to play them. What you end up with is a schedule like Trinity. By the end of the season they will have played Scott County, Henry Clay, Madison Central, Lexington Catholic, LCA (twice), Lafayette, and Woodford County all from the 11th region.- Woodford County 69 Collins 62
I'm not overlooking anyone. I'm stating facts. Woodford County has been to the 11th region tournament 8 out of the last 10 years. Spencer County has been twice in 20 years to the 8th region tournament. Woodford might lose a lot, but getting to the region is something they are used to doing.- Woodford County 69 Collins 62
They move into a district with Collins next year. Them and Collins should be the top two teams in the next couple years in that district.- Texas schools: 16 game schedule
So this discussion is really "should the teams that make the finals play 16 games vs the 15 they play now".- 2018/2019 BluegrassPreps Boys Basketball Rankings Week 8 Discussion
I would like to hear that argument. They haven't beaten anyone ranked in this poll and aren't even in the driver's seat for the top seed in their district. They have some games coming up they can make a statement in, but I just don't see this as a year where you could justify having them ranked.- Collins at Anderson County predictions
I think Anderson County will be ready for this one. Brian Hyatt's first game as head coach in this rivalry. Collins is probably more talented but the location might make this closer than people think. I will be at this one. I'll probably have to get there early to get a good seat.- KHSAA Board Of Control Votes In New Football Playoff Format
The regional finals is the seeded part. You won't play anyone from your district in that round.- KHSAA Board Of Control Votes In New Football Playoff Format
I don't understand what you are saying? How would you not schedule a district opponent in week 9? Assuming you are talking about a 4 team district (which most are), it is required to play district games in weeks 8,9,10. The order of who you play in district isn't even the school's choice as KHSAA lays that out as well. I would agree that having a couple years to adjust schedules would've been better. For example, I know a team that would not have taken a bye week 11 if this was in place when they were scheduling. It is entirely possible now that they will play their district rival in week 10 (their last game) and again in the first round of the playoffs.- Jason Frakes is "taking on" the KHSAA
You're right. Their decisions aren't consistent. And as someone who has seen the process and been a part of it, I am grateful it isn't consistent. By the letter of the law I was involved with a student that shouldn't have been eligible. But, due to the procedures in place the student athlete I was associated with was granted eligibility. And let me say, there were a lot of uncomfortable conversations in that appeals that dealt with family finances that I would never want shared with anyone.- Bullitt East 77 Spencer County 70
You're right. If they make the region that will be a surprise. What's it been? Once in the last 20 years? - Scott County's Billy Hicks goes for win 1000 tonight