Great Crossing - 2019 Schedule

IMG_20190126_100619.jpg

8/23 vs. Scott County (District Game)

8/30 vs. North Bullitt

9/6 at Harrison County

9/13 vs. Woodford County

9/20 at East Jessamine

9/27 vs. Paul Laurence Dunbar

10/11 vs. Montgomery County (District Game)

10/18 at Frederick Douglass (District Game)

10/25 at Grant County (District Game)

11/1 vs. Franklin County

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

I thought you were required to play district opponents during a set portion of the season.

I think it can be adjusted if there is approval. It happens occasionally when teams move off the scheduling grid to avoid playing on fall break.

I think it can be adjusted if there is approval. It happens occasionally when teams move off the scheduling grid to avoid playing on fall break.

I know part of the rule allows you to move it up I think a week for things like fall break. It might allow it to be moved further.

I thought you were required to play district opponents during a set portion of the season.

I think there is some leeway when you play in a district with 5 teams and someone has to have a bye during the district weeks. It is really hard to find teams during the district weeks that are also on byes.

• 2 weeks later...
I think there is some leeway when you play in a district with 5 teams and someone has to have a bye during the district weeks. It is really hard to find teams during the district weeks that are also on byes.

In an article that covered the both Scott Co schools schedule it said they had to get special consideration from the KHSAA. So that ended up answering my question. It should be interesting to see how things work themselves out between the two schools.

• 3 months later...

So Great Crossing has had their head coaching position change hands now from Jason Chappell to Paul Rains.

This morning they posted on social media that they will have Rob Smith on the coaching staff. Smith was an all-Amercian offensive lineman at Highlands and went on to play at Tennessee, winning the 2005 Cotton Bowl with the Vols.

They had previously posted on social media about Simon Vanderpool, a Whitley County alum, joining the Warhawks coaching staff. Vanderpool played college football at the University of the Cumberlands and coached there for one season. They also previously noted having Ricky Bowling on the coaching staff. Bowling is a 2009 South Laurel alum, and is a QB coach. He was the OC/QB coach at South Laurel in 2014, and then went to Whitley County to coach with Chappel.

Bowling coaches QB's in a spread-style offense, and the article in the Herald-Leader on Coach Chappell's coaching handoff to Coach Rains made it appear that Rains is planning on running a version of the spread.

With Coach Chappell's departure, I'm curious to hear if Vanderpool and Bowling will remain on the coaching staff, since it appears that Chappell was their connection and reasoning behind heading up to Georgetown. Also curious to hear who else will be on the staff for the Warhawks.