Everything posted by DanvilleFan
-
Potential Job Openings
Wow, I didn't know things were this bad at Mercer. Would explain the poor record this season. Why are numbers down so much?
-
Jets 39 Bengals 38
Terrible loss. A win would have gotten the team back to .500 and within 1 game of the Steelers in the division.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2025
Danville-Somerset in round 2 would be interesting.
-
Somerset 52 McCreary Central 14
Picking Somerset. Clevenger continues to build solid teams there. Unfortunately, they keep running into a ceiling of the elite teams later in the playoff bracket and can't get over the hump yet.
- 2025 BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 10) ** Bonus Point Available **
-
2026 Coaching Carousel (Job Openings)
I don't think it is fair to say Kelly is overrated. He's won everywhere he has been, including very successful stops at Cincinnati and Notre Dame. However, I think it is fair to say that he may not be a coach that can get a team to that final step of winning a championship. At Notre Dame he couldn't defeat Alabama or Clemson (and we've seen with Marcus Freeman that while he might lay an egg against someone like a Marshall or Northern Illinois he can actually beat highly ranked teams and win post-season games against those highly ranked squads from the SEC and Big 10). Now that he is at LSU and facing even tougher competition week-to-week we are seeing some of this rear its head. So I'd give him like a "B" in the coaching department. I thought LSU hiring him was strange. Kelly's career was more in the Midwest, not the South. That is not an impediment, as Nick Saban showed when he came from Michigan State, but it just seemed like a weird fit from the word "go" and a lot of newspaper reporters echoed that sentiment. I do appreciate what Kelly did to revive Notre Dame after the terrible Charlie Weiss years but I was also glad he moved on because I thought he hit a ceiling with the Irish and we weren't getting a title with him at the helm.
-
NIL money now in Ohio preps
I wonder how long this goes before it is legally challenged, although I'm not for certain how widespread NIL is in Kentucky athletics. But if what we have seen with the NCAA is any indication, regulations like this appear to be toothless if someone wants to fight it.
-
Question about PA announcers
Honestly, I don't have a problem with PA announcers being homers/being more excited for their team. That's what home field advantage is. There is a line, though, in that you don't want to ever disparage the other team, incite people to boo them, or call out the referees but I'm fine if the PA person is excited about their team and then is monotone for the away team.
-
Texas 16 Kentucky 13 (OT)
The fact that Boley has done pretty well as a redshirt freshman after Calzada went down with an injury makes me question this coaching staff even more. So we had a spring practice and such and the staff thought Calzada was a better option? Boley has made some mistakes but again, he's young. If he sticks around, hopefully he can be the nucleus we need at the QB position that can help our offense in the years ahead.
-
2026 Coaching Carousel (Job Openings)
People forget that before Spurrier Florida was really not that great of a team. The Spurrier years of the 1990s/early 2000s elevated the Gators and only Urban Meyer has come close as coach to meet/exceed it. They've had a list of mediocre hires, even though I think they gave up on Dan Mullen way too quickly.
-
Texas 16 Kentucky 13 (OT)
I didn't like the decision to go for it on 4th down because I knew we'd run the same stupid play. Also, on a night when Arch Manning couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and our defense was playing well, I think you leave it to them to hold Texas to 3 points and let's just continue to 2 OTs. I didn't mind the first and second down playcalls but everything after that encapsulates why I'm just done with Stoops leading this program. No imagination.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
Congrats to LCA on the district title, well deserved. They could do whatever they wanted on the ground or in the air tonight when they set their mind to it. Hopefully Danville will learn some lessons from this game and improve in the years ahead.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
Screen pass goes for a touchdown and LCA activates a running clock. Going to tap out of this one after LCA makes the extra point to go up 49-12 with 10:32 to go.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
4th quarter begins. LCA driving again. This time on the Ads 18.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
LCA gets good field position on a kickoff return, moves the ball on the ground, and then fires a 7 yard touchdown pass into the end zone. LCA opts to go for two after a penalty and they do a roll out pass to get it. LCA lead is now 42-12 with 4:12 left in the 3rd quarter.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
Meaux scores his 24 touchdown of the reason on a 3 yard run. Admirals decide to go for two but the attempt fails. LCA leads 34-12 with 5:49 to go in the 3rd.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
Meaux finally gets a good yard for 21 yards to the LCA 3 yard line.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
LCA does a beatiful 2-later flea flicker to bomb it to the end zone for a touchdown. Extra point is no good as it goes wide left. LCA now leads 34-6 with 10:56 to play in the third quarter.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
Danville tries to onside kick it to start but it goes out of bounds at the LCA 45.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
LCA is unable to do anything afterward, although a pass 2 seconds left in the quarter gets to the Admiral 10. I'm not one for moral victories but the Ads did not get running clocked in the first half. Halftime: LCA 28, Danville 6
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
Another interception by LCA, stepping out of bounds at the Admirals 40.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
QB keeper goes into the end zone from 24 yards out for LCA. Extra point is good. LCA starting to pile up points in bunches. They now lead 28-6 with 1:32 before the end of the second quarter.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
Cruver throws into double coverage on third down and LCA intercepts on the Ads 45.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
Impressed with LCA's QB. He can sure sling the ball all over the field. IMO LCA needs to just run more when they get the ball. Ads seemingly struggling more with that than the pass.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Danville 18
LCA pounds it into the end zone from the 6 yard line, scoring on a third attempt to get it across the goalline through Ads defenders. Extra point is good. LCA leads 21-6 with 3:06 to play before halftime.