Everything posted by Old_Bulldog
-
Who's your favorite to make it to State from the 9th region?
Gotta throw Dixie in this mix
-
Who are the current top ten teams and pitchers in the 9th region?
As usual, I wouldn't word things as strongly as Bluebirdman but I sort of agree. I don't think, or at least I haven't seen, any pitchers that really seperate themselves from the pack. I think it is a lot like this past year's college basketball, a lot of good but no truly great. As for teams, other than Ryle, no one else has seperated themselves either. I think you could rank Ryle #1 and then start drawing teams out of a hat!
-
Newport Central Catholic 8 Danville 1
Just curious why are they 2A in football and able to play in All A in the other 2. Are the other All A tourney's not truly single A?
-
Dixie Heights 4 Holy Cross 1
Freshman
-
Dixie Heights 4 Holy Cross 1
Freshman Griffin Smallwood (yes Brice's younger brother) pitches a complete game in his first varsity start to pick up the win!
-
Number 1 seeds in the 33rd, 34th, 35th, and 36th Districts
From KHSAA web site; (1) The tie-breaking mechanisms (in order) shall be: a. If the tie remains between all three teams, the record in the second game played against all district opponents involved in the tie. Pretty random/silly tie-breaker but the way I read it St Henry gets the top seed:ohbrother:
-
St. Henry 6 Dixie Heights 3
Walks and errors doom Dixie tonight. Got there late, so I'm not sure how Dixie got their 3 early. Niehaus appeared to tire and began to struggle with his control. IMO he was left in quite a bit too long and St Henry rattles off 6 over the 4th and 5th due mainly too the aforementioned walks and errors.
-
Number 1 seeds in the 33rd, 34th, 35th, and 36th Districts
Well Dixie opened the door to St Henry and Lloyd in the 34th, with a miserable showing at home tonight. Not sure how the tie breakers work. Anyone?
-
Number 1 seeds in the 33rd, 34th, 35th, and 36th Districts
I thought they were going to use the game played on 4/27 between Dixie/Villa as the seed game? Dixie 19 Villa 0.
-
Dixie Heights 5 Lloyd 0
I would definitly agree that with a few timely hits, Lloyd could have put a few on the board. However, Dixie left quite a few stranded as well. That coupled with the baserunning miscues, it's easy to see where things could have gotten real ugly for Lloyd on the flip side. I would say the final score was pretty indicative of how the game played out. Brown was definitly not at his best yesterday but is a darn good pitcher and an even better kid! As for Stevens, he like Brown was a teammate of Combs for three years during the summer. So he was facing a pitcher who knew him pretty well and was definitly focused with him at the dish!
-
Dixie's Coach Maxwell gets his 600th win
5-0 shutout over Lloyd.
-
Dixie Heights 5 Lloyd 0
Garrett Combs gets the complete game shutout to get Coach Maxwell #600!
-
Ryle 3 Dixie Heights 2
I will give Jackson a "good play" on the second out but the first was an infield practice ball, well maybe a mis-hit infield warmup hit. :ohbrother: The third out by Daria, who is a good hitter, was a case of a kid depending a little too heavily on an ump to call the strike zone correctly and not being aggressive enough. "Yes son it was probably a ball but it was too close to not swing with 2 strikes on you"!
-
Ryle 3 Dixie Heights 2
There seem to be an abundance of oportunities for learning experiences given this season, if you get my drift. I just would like to see the kids be held to the same standard. The outfield has been a revolving door, while the infield, which has been the source of 90% of Dixie's miscues, seems to be set in stone. It just leaves you scratching your head.
-
Ryle vs Cooper May 1st (Predictions)
I do find it suprising that the district that everyone thought was the most balanced in the preseason, now has the most clear cut favorite of any other.
-
Ryle 3 Dixie Heights 2
Great game @ Dixie tonight. Ryle scores 1 in the first. The game remains that way until Dixie fills the bases with 0 out in the 6th and comes away with 2. Unfortunately, Ryle starts the 7th with back to back doubles. They small ball the go ahead in. Curious lack of pinch hitters in the bottom of 7, with your 8 & 9 hitter leading off the inning but oh well,what do I know. Dixie goes quietly 1, 2, 3 to end the game.
-
Covington Catholic schedule update
What is the regular season limit? My Holmes math would seem to indicate 42 but is it that many?
-
Covington Catholic 9 Dixie Heights 4
I was told, way back when I was in umpire school, that if a play is too close to call, it is an out. One out closer to the end of the game!
-
Covington Catholic 9 Dixie Heights 4
That's all I was saying, I'm not saying it wasn't a well hit ball or that those three runs were the difference in the game (CC would still have won 6-4 without them). However, it was a definite turning point in the game and a blow to the morale of Dixie. You would hope the would be mentally tougher but this is a very young team.
-
Covington Catholic 9 Dixie Heights 4
Kid yourself all you want, the ball was obviously foul. Good win for CC. See you next time.
-
Covington Catholic 9 Dixie Heights 4
This is true but if you were there, you too know that it was foul. It hit the pole about a foot foul of the actual foul pole. A 8" pole makes quite a different sound than a 1.5" pole. Cov Cath 6 Dixie 4 Umps 3 Unfortunately after that call Dixie folded in the top of the 7th.
-
Covington Catholic 9 Dixie Heights 4
I believe you meant to say Shreiver goes FOUL with 2 on, right?
-
Ryle in the Louisville Invitational Tournament
The only comment I would make is that the -2 part of their record implies that this will not be their first test. That aside, good luck! Where are the games being played and do you know times?
-
Beechwood 6 Dixie Heights 4
Wasn't there but heard Dixie played pretty poorly and even had a player ejection.
-
Dixie Heights 5 Boone County 3
Wasn't Ganns #5?