Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who are the current top ten teams and pitchers in the 9th region?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 42
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen a lot of good teams and pitching. Who are the top ten?

 

Well for what it is worth.I dont think their are 10 good pitchers in the region.I think pitching is kind of weak this year so I will give you my top 5 and top 5 teams.

1.Ryle

2.Conner

3.Ncc.

4.Highlands

5.Beechwood

 

 

1.Kuebbing

2.Ganns

3.Cain

4.Maines

5.Hoard

Seen a lot of good teams and pitching. Who are the top ten?

 

Well for what it is worth.I dont think their are 10 good pitchers in the region.I think pitching is kind of weak this year so I will give you my top 5 and top 5 teams.

1.Ryle

2.Conner

3.Ncc.

4.Highlands

5.Beechwood

 

 

1.Kuebbing

2.Ganns

3.Cain

4.Maines

5.Hoard

I think Mitchell Jones from Highlands would land in a Top 10 list somewhere.

I think 2 should be on the list, Dunn and Lawhorn. Both have been hit hard by unearned runs, but both have been to e to toe with other schools top pitchers including the ones on the list Bluebird gave and have performed just as good.

 

Lawhorn is the surprise this year, every outing has been exceptional including the 9 inning gem he pitched against Conner where Conner finally got to him in the 9th with a triple and throwing error which extended the triple into the only score of the game.

 

Lawhorn for Cooper through 7 starts has an ERA of 0.63 with only 3 earned runs the entire season.

Well for what it is worth.I dont think their are 10 good pitchers in the region.I think pitching is kind of weak this year so I will give you my top 5 and top 5 teams.

1.Ryle

2.Conner

3.Ncc.

4.Highlands

5.Beechwood

 

 

1.Kuebbing

2.Ganns

3.Cain

4.Maines

5.Hoard

 

As usual, I wouldn't word things as strongly as Bluebirdman :) but I sort of agree. I don't think, or at least I haven't seen, any pitchers that really seperate themselves from the pack. I think it is a lot like this past year's college basketball, a lot of good but no truly great.

 

As for teams, other than Ryle, no one else has seperated themselves either. I think you could rank Ryle #1 and then start drawing teams out of a hat!

Other pitchers that need to be considered for the top 10 ... Bartels NCC; Suchanek, Beechwood; Tiberi, Holy Cross (if healthy).

Other pitchers that need to be considered for the top 10 ... Bartels NCC; Suchanek, Beechwood; Tiberi, Holy Cross (if healthy).

I agree, all of those names are very servicable pitchers.My point is the region is full of average pitchers other than Kuebbing there is not that stud pitcher that can shut a team down.I have to say I was not a fan of Kuebbing before the year.But after seeing him 3 times this year there is no doubt he is D1 quality.I got his fastabll consistanlly in the high 80s and he has a curve ball that makes good hitters look very bad.I would take him in a 1 game situation over anyone in the region.

Kuebbing may want to let "Inquiring Minds" how he picked up those extra 4-5 MPH. Last I read you had mentioned him topping 84mph, and heard the same from a friend that attended a camp, he was topping 84mph. That is still solid, but just wondering since you stated you are a scout on here how he picked that up in just a couple months at best and was hurt for I thought at least a couple weeks. Impressive IMO either way, was just wanting to get your thoughts.

 

I agree, all of those names are very servicable pitchers.My point is the region is full of average pitchers other than Kuebbing there is not that stud pitcher that can shut a team down.I have to say I was not a fan of Kuebbing before the year.But after seeing him 3 times this year there is no doubt he is D1 quality.I got his fastabll consistanlly in the high 80s and he has a curve ball that makes good hitters look very bad.I would take him in a 1 game situation over anyone in the region.
Kuebbing may want to let "Inquiring Minds" how he picked up those extra 4-5 MPH. Last I read you had mentioned him topping 84mph, and heard the same from a friend that attended a camp, he was topping 84mph. That is still solid, but just wondering since you stated you are a scout on here how he picked that up in just a couple months at best and was hurt for I thought at least a couple weeks. Impressive IMO either way, was just wanting to get your thoughts.

 

If you read my whole quote.You will see I am as suprised as anyone.I had him LAST YEAR 82-84.I wrote that early this year based on those numbers.I caught him in the Dixie game 85-87 so he picked up 3-4 mph from his Junior year to his senior year.

Being friends with Dunn's dad, I would say he has not been at his best yet and don't think he belongs in the Top 5. I am not surprised with Lawhorn, I was told he was a tough little lefty. From what I understand Lawhorn has been huge this year and the Smith kid and Dunn are starting to pick up the slack to create a tough 3 for Cooper. Errors and Passed balls have been a problem from what I hear as you mentioned also. I take it that Cooper is a 4 seed and will have to face Powerhouse Ryle. This should be very interesting just due to the fact that Cooper might be the scariest of 4th or 5th seed in the region.

 

I think 2 should be on the list, Dunn and Lawhorn. Both have been hit hard by unearned runs, but both have been to e to toe with other schools top pitchers including the ones on the list Bluebird gave and have performed just as good.

 

Lawhorn is the surprise this year, every outing has been exceptional including the 9 inning gem he pitched against Conner where Conner finally got to him in the 9th with a triple and throwing error which extended the triple into the only score of the game.

 

Lawhorn for Cooper through 7 starts has an ERA of 0.63 with only 3 earned runs the entire season.

I did read your quote. I guess everyone has a different perception of High 80's. I was thinking 88-89. Who and where have you clocked some of the other pitchers that have been mentioned in this thread or previous threads?

 

If you read my whole quote.You will see I am as suprised as anyone.I had him LAST YEAR 82-84.I wrote that early this year based on those numbers.I caught him in the Dixie game 85-87 so he picked up 3-4 mph from his Junior year to his senior year.
  • Author

I've seen that Jones kid appear several times on this site. How old is he? Height? Velocity? Potential?

I did read your quote. I guess everyone has a different perception of High 80's. I was thinking 88-89. Who and where have you clocked some of the other pitchers that have been mentioned in this thread or previous threads?

I have seen every team in the regions best pitcher at least one time some twice.I will say I expected a lot more from Cooper this year.I had them my pre season favorite in that district.Not sure what happened there.Without a doubt the 5 I listed above are the cream of the crop but as I said its a weak crop this year.

I'll still say Lawhorn needs to be in that top 5, whether he is #1 or #5 it really doesn't matter but somewhere because I have only seen a couple pitchers pitch as good as he has this year. a 0.63 ERA after 7 starts and several of those starts going the distance isn't too shabby. I 'd love to see the ERA of the other pitchers listed in the top 5.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.