Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who are the current top ten teams and pitchers in the 9th region?

Featured Replies

I have seen all of the teams in the region as well and I agree with Bluebird. Lawhorn is also a really nice pitcher. Cooper as a team had alot of pre-season hype but has done nothing this year.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen all of the teams in the region as well and I agree with Bluebird. Lawhorn is also a really nice pitcher. Cooper as a team had alot of pre-season hype but has done nothing this year.

 

Very true, Cooper, just like last year, has really underachieved. That doesn't take away from Lawhorn as a pitcher however. Only giving up 3 earned runs all season and several of his games going the distance tells me all I need to know about him as a pitcher, one of the best in the region hands down. Any other pitchers listed given up less than 3 runs the entire season? I don't know the answer but am curious if anyone knows.

 

As far as Cooper, I only know of about 2 games where they played with the same lineup, I may be wrong, but that is all I can remember. It's been said earlier on this site about things with Cooper so I won't beat a dead horse.

You have to take into account who these kids are pitching against as well. Dunn, Suchanek, Heppler, Cain etc do not get the stat stuffer games. Nobody has made mention of the game, but Beechwood was up on Ryle 3-2 after 4 innings before it got rained out. Ryle scored its two runs on passed balls. To hold that team in check is impressive, and Suchanek did it. Hunter Dunn is a top 5 pitcher in this region. Period. Some kids get to pitch in meaningless games against mediocre teams. I dont care about ERA, I care about opponent. I dont think its changed. Kuebbing, Suchanek, Mains, Cain, Bartels, and Dunn are the cream of the crop. As for teams, I still think Conner is the team to beat, followed by Ryle, Cov Cath, New Cath, and Beechwood. I am telling you right now though, you better get Beechwood now. With the atttition from other schools, I think they and Cov Cath will be the teams to be in 2014.

You have to take into account who these kids are pitching against as well. Dunn, Suchanek, Heppler, Cain etc do not get the stat stuffer games. Nobody has made mention of the game, but Beechwood was up on Ryle 3-2 after 4 innings before it got rained out. Ryle scored its two runs on passed balls. To hold that team in check is impressive, and Suchanek did it. Hunter Dunn is a top 5 pitcher in this region. Period. Some kids get to pitch in meaningless games against mediocre teams. I dont care about ERA, I care about opponent. I dont think its changed. Kuebbing, Suchanek, Mains, Cain, Bartels, and Dunn are the cream of the crop. As for teams, I still think Conner is the team to beat, followed by Ryle, Cov Cath, New Cath, and Beechwood. I am telling you right now though, you better get Beechwood now. With the atttition from other schools, I think they and Cov Cath will be the teams to be in 2014.

 

That is a good point, and to make an argument for Lawhorn, here are a few of the pitchers he went up against. Ganns, Maines, Smiley, Schuman just to name a few. Not a lot of "scrubs" he's went up against.

You have to take into account who these kids are pitching against as well. Dunn, Suchanek, Heppler, Cain etc do not get the stat stuffer games. Nobody has made mention of the game, but Beechwood was up on Ryle 3-2 after 4 innings before it got rained out. Ryle scored its two runs on passed balls. To hold that team in check is impressive, and Suchanek did it. Hunter Dunn is a top 5 pitcher in this region. Period. Some kids get to pitch in meaningless games against mediocre teams. I dont care about ERA, I care about opponent. I dont think its changed. Kuebbing, Suchanek, Mains, Cain, Bartels, and Dunn are the cream of the crop. As for teams, I still think Conner is the team to beat, followed by Ryle, Cov Cath, New Cath, and Beechwood. I am telling you right now though, you better get Beechwood now. With the atttition from other schools, I think they and Cov Cath will be the teams to be in 2014.

 

Funny how you forgot to mention that Ryle had runners on 2 and 3rd with nobody out when they called the game.... or who was pitching for Ryle, but whatever....

Funny how you forgot to mention that Ryle had runners on 2 and 3rd with nobody out when they called the game.... or who was pitching for Ryle, but whatever....

 

He wasn't making a game report. He was showing that as an example of a pitcher going against top competition (Ryle).

I'll still say Lawhorn needs to be in that top 5, whether he is #1 or #5 it really doesn't matter but somewhere because I have only seen a couple pitchers pitch as good as he has this year. a 0.63 ERA after 7 starts and several of those starts going the distance isn't too shabby. I 'd love to see the ERA of the other pitchers listed in the top 5.

 

ERA is a snap shot of how a pitcher is doing. However, you have to look at competition also. You have mentioned the 3 games what of the other 4? Not disputing his output this year, I watched have watched him pitch and he did well.

Funny how you forgot to mention that Ryle had runners on 2 and 3rd with nobody out when they called the game.... or who was pitching for Ryle, but whatever....

 

Actually 1st and 2nd. Ryle has quite a few more students than Beechwood. 6A vs 1A. They should wax them every time every year.

ERA is a snap shot of how a pitcher is doing. However, you have to look at competition also. You have mentioned the 3 games what of the other 4? Not disputing his output this year, I watched have watched him pitch and he did well.

 

Off the top of my head Lawhorn has faced Conner, Boone County, Beechwood, Cov Cath and Ryle (not district game). I can't think of the others right now but I know he hasn't gotten any run support or a whole lot of defensive support. Not any softies in that group though.

Off the top of my head Lawhorn has faced Conner, Boone County, Beechwood, Cov Cath and Ryle (not district game). I can't think of the others right now but I know he hasn't gotten any run support or a whole lot of defensive support. Not any softies in that group though.

 

As I stated, He's pitching well this year!

Funny how you forgot to mention that Ryle had runners on 2 and 3rd with nobody out when they called the game.... or who was pitching for Ryle, but whatever....

 

Um...It was actually first and second, but don't let facts get in the way. And, if you can somehow correlate for me how who was pitching for Ryle effects the job Jason Suchanek did vs that offense, I am happy to listen. I wasn't talking about the game in general, I was talking about pitchers, which I thought was the point of this thread? Was the score 3-2? Was Jason pitching well against a very good Ryle offense?

Being friends with Dunn's dad, I would say he has not been at his best yet and don't think he belongs in the Top 5. I am not surprised with Lawhorn, I was told he was a tough little lefty. From what I understand Lawhorn has been huge this year and the Smith kid and Dunn are starting to pick up the slack to create a tough 3 for Cooper. Errors and Passed balls have been a problem from what I hear as you mentioned also. I take it that Cooper is a 4 seed and will have to face Powerhouse Ryle. This should be very interesting just due to the fact that Cooper might be the scariest of 4th or 5th seed in the region.

 

Totally agree with this. If I were Cooper I'd throw Lawhorn against Ryle. Cooper would still have to manufacture 3-4 runs even if Lawhorn is on though.

ERA is a snap shot of how a pitcher is doing. However, you have to look at competition also. You have mentioned the 3 games what of the other 4? Not disputing his output this year, I watched have watched him pitch and he did well.

Some of the Pitchers Lawhorn has faced when pitching against Cov Cath, Ryle, Conner, Beechwood etc.

Ganns

Maines

Smiley

See

Schuman just to name a few. Looks to be pretty good competition and some teams that a few on here are picking to go to the regionals and win the regions.

 

To break it down even more, here are the games he started and I think you will see the competition wasn't all cupcakes.

Also be noted that the most runs he has given up in any game was 2.

Lloyd

Ryle

Beechwood

Dixie

Conner

Cov Cath

Boone Co

Edited by Hellbird

Some of the Pitchers Lawhorn has faced when pitching against Cov Cath, Ryle, Conner, Beechwood etc.

Ganns

Maines

Smiley

See

Schuman just to name a few. Looks to be pretty good competition and some teams that a few on here are picking to go to the regionals and win the regions.

 

He does a great job of keeping teams off balance also.

He does a great job of keeping teams off balance also.

 

As hja has pointed out, Lawhorn unfortunatley has been bitten with a lack of defense and offense during his starts. He has pitched very deep into most of his games if not complete games, but have been bitten with a defense behind him that also put up a ton of errors in his games. He just hasn't been very lucky this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.