Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old_Bulldog

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old_Bulldog

  1. Dixie rallies with 3 in the top of 7 for the win. Nick King was clutch at the dish!
  2. PRP is solid. Best defensive team I have seen in high school.
  3. Dixie 7 NCC 3 on Thursday Dixie 9 Danville 4 today
  4. The thing that needs to be considered is what happens if so many kids decide to go on break that you cant field a team? I know it is unlikely but I'm sure the kids who stayed behind would not be happy forfeiting games, while their teammates are laying on the beach somewhere!
  5. I wasn't sure about that one. I knew he started. I had to leave early and they were down when I left and I wasn't sure if a reliever may have picked up the win. Thanks.
  6. Mitch Anderson pitches a complete game for (I believe) his first Varsity win!
  7. Wow, while I would never (at least have never) personally drink on school property, during a school event but I think we are getting a little carried away calling folks pathetic. Especially, if someone were to say, have a beer or two at the Bellevue Vets, ugh...really? If I want to have a beer or 2 with another dad (or mom) or 2 during one of my son's summer games and practice a little discresion, whay should anyone else have an issue with it?
  8. That's not too harsh. I know at Dixie, if you go on Spring Break, you get the boot (supposedly, with the exception of Freshmen, who may not know better)!
  9. Where was the game played?
  10. Dixie hangs 7 on NCC in the 5th on 4 straight walks followed by some solid hitting. Niehaus gets his second straight complete game win.
  11. I don't think any player should be asked to make outs intentionally. I do like the no walk stratagy. Can you decline a base on a hit batter as well? I just don't think it is a kid's job to give outs to the defense. If the coaches agree to stop the game, then so be it.
  12. I wasn't sure about the first three, I know the final run was due to several pitches to the backstop. It all evens out I guess, Dixie must have hit at least 4-5 bullets, right at fielders, in the first few innings.
  13. Can anyone tell me the pitchers for Cooper?
  14. One thing lost in the nonsense of the Ryle-Conner game was the pitching performance of Mitch See. Everybody falls in love with the flame throwers but I think Mitch throws a touch faster than me. What he has in spades is smarts and the ability to hit his spots. What are some names of some other local pitchers who may not hit 80 on the gun but can get it done?
  15. Henry Kearns pitches 6 strong innings to get the win for Dixie.
  16. 1) My Son 2) That kid from SH that throws 95 3) That Lefty 4) The tall skinny kid 5) Dunn :laugh:
  17. Saturday game @ PRP. Nice bounce back by the Colonels, to take the first game of the Saturday double-header. Complete game (zero earned) for Garrett Combs.
  18. Thanks, forgot about the WV team. Could very easily have been 9-2! I am told that they should have won @ Southern and one break hereor there and they win v Cov Cath and Grant. Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda.
  19. Nick Niehaus pitches a complete game shutout to get Dixie back to .500 (5-5).
  20. This can't be possible. I payed $5 to watch a game @ Meinken (Holy Cross) and Dixie was only $3 :lol2:
  21. Maybe I'm being a bit nieve but this attitude seems so misplaced when it comes to high school sports. I would file it right along with the practice (rumured) of coaches recruiting players from other schools to transfer to their school strictly for sports and with parents who hold their kids back strictly so they can excel against younger competition.
  22. Is this right? How can his OB% be lower than his avg?
  23. I could not agree more! I think many coaches lose sight of the whole reason for any "extra-curricular" activity, to enhance and inrich the experience the experience of "their" student body. I like to win as much as anybody, more than most but cutting students in favor of non-students is simply wrong. No if ands or buts!
  24. Tough loss for Dixie. Can't wait to see what they can do with their best team on the field.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.