Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#10NtheProgram

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by #10NtheProgram

  1. I personaly have no clue as to who the "big name" could be that is just the way it was told to me as well. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.....:idunno:
  2. Heard 16 people have applied for the Greenup job so far. One of the applicants I guess is a very big name but the board is keeping it hush hush because I guess there is a large amount of money involved if the deal goes down.
  3. Funny thing is all three of these coaches have been "run off". Only at Greenup would or could something like this happen. If Fraley wants the job let him keep it. It don't matter if they hired Calipari, if certain kids didn't get to see the floor then he would be ran off too. Fraley has done a fine job coaching under the kind of microscope that Greenup has for its basketball program (:idunno:). As someone said in an earlier post, if they are going to rehire make it somebody who, like Copely, is not from around here.
  4. Yeah, that is the reason why Greenups field looks the way it does and Racelands......well.......:eyeonyou:
  5. This all depends on your age and what position you play. I played outfield all through high school and college and never had a problem with lifting during the season. If your are a dedicated lifter and stretch religiously the soreness should not be an issue as surely your body has adjusted to the riggers of training and competing.
  6. I played one year at Shawnee State before transfering to NKU. Was on the same team as Coach Tom. Great person and even better coach, dude really knows his stuff. Piper is in good hands with Ted Tom as a head coach.
  7. I would have to say the best game Raceland was in all year was the Greenup game. Not the best game for either team, but as a whole it had everything. The blocked kick at the end of the game mad it even sweeter for me, but hey, I'm a Musketeer fan. Great game no matter who you was rooting for.
  8. The story of this game is the same as it has been all year for GC. If either team stops the run, chances are, they win the game. That being said, I think that Coal Grove's line is better but I think Greenup Co. has a much better backfield. Waiting to see what Coupon has to say about Carter's improvement with the plays before I make a prediction. Still think that as long as the line "BRINGS IT" on Friday that Greenup wins this one. NO STUPID PENALTIES!!!!
  9. Great win Ashland!!! Thanks for sticking it to the team from across the border!:dancingpa
  10. Maybe that was the plan. Once they started running the quick pitch to the outside it was hard for Raceland to stop. Greenup has too much speed in the backfield to not try to get to the edges more. Great call on the 2 point conversion by the way.
  11. Great game for Greenup. Well, atleast a great win anyway. Still some things to work on but as we all know no team is perfect. Thought they did alot of good things but still need to get rid of the mental mistakes and work on defending the pass. We got two weeks to work out the kinks and then get back at it under the new lights. GREAT WIN GREENUP!!!!:dancingpa
  12. Good coach or not a win is a win. GO GREENUP
  13. Well said Ironton is the real deal and has been for some time now. Lutz is a great coach who puts great teams on the field. Four more wins and he will have the most wins of any coach in the history of Ohio high school football. Great honor that I'm sure he is to get in his next Four games. No shame in losing to him or Ironton.:notworthy:
  14. Yeah the passing game needs a little help. I think once the line improves, if it ever does, everything else around it will see an improvement. The line needs to hold it blocks for a split second longer to give the QB time to set his feet and make a quality throw. That being said, however, a lot of this falls on the QB's shoulders as well. In Greenups offense it call for a lot of quick drop back and quick hits. Reed runs around too much trying to avoid tackles, lines fault, but he also don't find the open guy when he is open, QB's fault. At the Russell game last Friday if he would have looked to the left side of the Defense he would have seen that the whole side was crashing on nearly every play. Call a quick hitter to a tight end and see what happens. Worst case scenerio is it gets picked but it's not like it would ruin his QB rating.
  15. I knew you would say that but I guess there is still some out there that question it. Congrats on the Niece.:dancingpa
  16. We will get the answer soon enough. If he is in the backfield doing what he does best then there is no problem, if not then there might be something to what you were saying. I really don't see this happening though, actually I can't believe it was even brought up.:eyeonyou:
  17. At this point if he helps them win I think that will go a long way in squashing any problem such as those. He may have not been through the fire with them and he may step on some peoples toes but with a talent such as him you have to let him play and play right away. He is not a spoiled professional athlete who wanted to change teams, he is a young man that had some problems and had to move. Good luck to him and a speedy return to the field.
  18. Anybody got anymore word on Carter and his availability to play this Friday? He would be a great addition to an already strong runnings back corp. Only problem is the line they have to run behind.
  19. Yeah it seems that all the area teams has a good player that at one time played for Greenup/Wurtland/McKell. Maybe with the new coach these talents will start staying at Greenup.:thumb:
  20. Not sure of the defense, did not get a chance to see the game in person. Know they pass ALOT. The Hannah kid went 26-41 with 295 yards passing so they are going to air it out. They beat Marion 20-18 not sure about Marion but a win is a win.
  21. I think Greenup gets on track this week at home. Should be close game. If Greenup can stop the pass I think they pulll this one out.
  22. I'm a Greenup grad and I'm not trying to avoid any post or threads but like I said earlier it's hard to post anything when there is nothing good to post on. I know that coach Copley is doing the best he can with what he has to work with but the biggest problem with Greenup's football team right now is the lack of athletes. Greenup is a bigger school than both Russell and Raceland but yet every year both of those teams put out quality products while Greenup puts out at best average teams. This all comes down to the fact that Greenup, unlike other schools, discourage their kids to play all sports. At Greenup your best athletes play only one sport and that is it. Eric Craft is the only "athlete" in resent memory to play all sports at GCHS and excelled at all three. This is not saying that he is the best athlete to come through Greenup but atleast he did play all three. Usually at Greenup you have just your baseball group or your football group or your basketball group and the three never entertwine. Check the rosters, for that matter check bleachers that is where that is where most of Greenup's best athletes were last nite.
  23. You know what they say, "If you don't have anything good to say it is best to say nothing at all." Hard to talk about anything except the fact that GCHS has been outscored 88-7 and have around a total of 250 total yards of offense in two games.:ohbrother:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.