Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ironton, OH 45 Russell 0

Featured Replies

Dang,Congrats to Ironton.

 

:scared::isurrender:

Congrats to Ironton and to any Ironton fans should any be on here.

 

This one went just about the way I thought it would. Certainly no shame in losing to Ironton, With the exception of maybe Ashland this season imo Ironton would put a butt whippin' on anyone on our side of the river.

Congrats to Ironton and to any Ironton fans should any be on here.

 

This one went just about the way I thought it would. Certainly no shame in losing to Ironton, With the exception of maybe Ashland this season imo Ironton would put a butt whippin' on anyone on our side of the river.

 

Well said Ironton is the real deal and has been for some time now. Lutz is a great coach who puts great teams on the field. Four more wins and he will have the most wins of any coach in the history of Ohio high school football. Great honor that I'm sure he is to get in his next Four games. No shame in losing to him or Ironton.:notworthy:

Well said Ironton is the real deal and has been for some time now. Lutz is a great coach who puts great teams on the field. Four more wins and he will have the most wins of any coach in the history of Ohio high school football. Great honor that I'm sure he is to get in his next Four games. No shame in losing to him or Ironton.:notworthy:

 

:thumb:

There's not a lot that can be said about this one. This was as thorough of a beating as you'll see on a football field. Russell hung in there in the 1st quarter, trading possessions with the Cleveland Browns...er, I mean, Ironton...a couple of times thanks to a wide open dropped TD pass and a couple of botched plays. It wasn't long, though, before the Tigers opened up the scoring with a 94 yard TD run. From there, it was all downhill.

 

I guess I have to eat my crow on this one because many of you picked Ironton "by as many as they want". I didn't think Russell would get beat that bad. I was wrong. You were right. It's hard to believe a team like this exists just over the bridge! They were big, strong, fast, well-coached, and smart.

 

Russell couldn't get anything going on offense. Ironton had several tacklers in on every play. Russell actually didn't do a bad job on defense. It just took multiple Russell tacklers to haul down the strong running backs that Ironton has. Many guys bounced off of them or were simply dragged for yards. They got worn down and demoralized as the game went on, giving up several big plays. The punt returns didn't help, either.

 

Russell didn't quit, though. They fought hard throughout the whole game. They were simply outmanned. If they want to compete in this series, then they had better start lifting weights right now and not stop until next September when they meet again.

 

OldRambler, you said before the game that Ironton's coach Bob Lutz could "take your players and beat you with them". I beg to differ. Vince Lombardi couldn't have coached this Russell team to a win tonight. Ironton was bigger, stronger, and faster at every position on the field.

 

On another note, Ironton has a great environment for high school football, perhaps the best in our area. They take their football serious! Russell just needs to put this behind them and get ready for Ashland next week.

Ouch...hope they don't let this get them down, but I doubt Ivan will let that happen.

Ouch...hope they don't let this get them down, but I doubt Ivan will let that happen.

 

They really shouldn't get down about it. This truly was the best football team I have seen a Russell team play in many years.

... I guess I have to eat my crow on this one because many of you picked Ironton "by as many as they want". I didn't think Russell would get beat that bad. I was wrong. You were right. It's hard to believe a team like this exists just over the bridge! They were big, strong, fast, well-coached, and smart. ...

 

 

 

I'm sorry Ryan. Ironton is just that good.

 

As for the crow eating. I've had to do my share. I actually prefer mine on the rocks.

Old Crow.jpg

I'm sorry Ryan. Ironton is just that good.

 

As for the crow eating. I've had to do my share. I actually prefer mine on the rocks.

 

That's a good one! They really are good. I don't see what the weakness is if one exists. I felt like Russell was up against a small college team, strong at every single position on the field.

I'm sorry Ryan. Ironton is just that good.

 

As for the crow eating. I've had to do my share. I actually prefer mine on the rocks.

 

I have certainly had to take a taste of that old bird myself on more than few occasions.

It looked like in the first quarter it may be a game. Russell had Ironton pinned inside the 10 with less than a minute left in the quarter with the score 0-0. Then the Devils were introduced to Mr Wilks, a backup to the starter who got hurt. 92 yards later the game had changed. Throw in two more punt returns for TDs by Wilks and a bad snap on a punt and the Devils were out of it. The defense played halfway decent but gets tired quickly due to long stays on the field.. The Devils offense needs to get clicking to help out the defense. Ironton will go deep in the playoffs. Very good football team.

It does get any easier next week with the Tomcats coming to town next week. These games will help these Devils down the road.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.