Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Working out during the season

Featured Replies

What do you guys do in the busy high school season as far as lifting weights goes? I want to workout still but don't know if I should still lift intensely or light

What do you guys do in the busy high school season as far as lifting weights goes? I want to workout still but don't know if I should still lift intensely or light

 

Depends on if you have a game that day or the next day or not. If you have a game that day or the next day I say lift light. But If you will have time to recover and not be sore then I say lift whenever.

  • Author

Game of practice we still throw a lot

  • Author

Game or* practice

During the season it is always best to lift to maintain the strength that you hopefully gained while lifting more intensely in the off season. Baseball doesn't offer days in between to lift hard, because you will pay the price later that day or the next day with soreness.

what kind of lifting are you talking about? I suggest once you start throwing, to reduce the upper body lifting to minimal if not delete it all together. The torque and strain that is already being placed on the shoulder and elbow is enough without adding weig lifting recovery. Upper body lifting in-season and lots of throwing is a receipe for injury, IMO. Now core work and leg work is a different story.

I would say that that best thing that you can do during baseball season...prepare to laugh...is yoga or pilates. This will increase your flexibility that is lost during the season, increase core strength, and make you naturally stronger. A big thing that I would lose during baseball season was flexibility.

This all depends on your age and what position you play. I played outfield all through high school and college and never had a problem with lifting during the season. If your are a dedicated lifter and stretch religiously the soreness should not be an issue as surely your body has adjusted to the riggers of training and competing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.