Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup County/Russell Predictions

Who wins? 65 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Greenup
      36%
      24
    • Russell
      63%
      41

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who do you think will win this matchup on Saturday at Russell?

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at a disadvantage in this prediction, I have seen Greenup County play a very strong Ashland team, but I have not seen Russell in person.

 

I will say Greenup County is going to have to find some better line play to compete with most teams. That is their achilles heal. They have some good RB's but they need some better OL/DL to have a change in games with decent teams. They are actually running an offense that matches their personnel, they don't have a lot of team speed, but they do have several players that can run the ball, so add in some misdirection and poof, you have an offense that can play. But until they get the OL highly motivated and fundamentally sound, they are going to struggle.

  • Author

I am at a disadvantage in the opposite direction since I have seen Russell and haven't seen Greenup. Russell is undersized, but they do have a lot of smart football players on both sides of the ball. They execute the fundamentals well so I'm picking them to win a close one, 14-12.

Greenup still has a long way to go. The new coach has only been there a few months. It takes a lot longer than that to build a solid program.

 

But, an upset of Russell would be a great building block.

 

Good luck.

Russell 28

Greenup 14

I took Russell only because they are at home and Greenup has never won at Russell. But I promise you Greenup will come out playing harder and more focused after last week.

27-6 Russell. Haven't heard much from "Coup" since Friday. I'd like to know his prediction.

:)

Russell 21-7.

 

Listened to both the Russell-East & Greenup- Ashland games on the radio Friday night. I think this will be a defensive struggle, but I think Russell's defense seems to be stronger at this point. Will be an interesting matchup.

  • Author
Russell 21-7.

 

Listened to both the Russell-East & Greenup- Ashland games on the radio Friday night. I think this will be a defensive struggle, but I think Russell's defense seems to be stronger at this point. Will be an interesting matchup.

 

I know what you mean. The question everyone needs to answer in picking this game...is East Carter that bad or is Ashland that good?

^ I can't answer for East but I watched the Ashland/Greenup game. Ashland is everything they have been hyped to be.

I chose Russell but I really had to think about it before picking. After watching Greenup play Ashland I feel Greenups offensive playcalling will hurt them. Repeatedly running dives and counters with the defense loading 8 guys in the box just doesn't work. However I feel this game will come down to the wire. Should make for a very exciting game Im glad it's on a Saturday so I get to see it.

 

Russell 17

Greenup 14

I chose Russell but I really had to think about it before picking. After watching Greenup play Ashland I feel Greenups offensive playcalling will hurt them. Repeatedly running dives and counters with the defense loading 8 guys in the box just doesn't work.

 

Add a quarterback keeper and isn't this Russell's offensive game plan, too? :lol: This may be the faster game played in the area in years!!!!!!

Sorry guys, I have been major busy this weekend, I think we will be able to get a true read on how these two teams seasons will go this Friday. Russell doesnt have the team speed that killed GC Friday night. As far as a pick, Come on, do I even have to say it?

Sorry guys, I have been major busy this weekend, I think we will be able to get a true read on how these two teams seasons will go this Friday. Russell doesnt have the team speed that killed GC Friday night. As far as a pick, Come on, do I even have to say it?
Coup, don't show up on Friday.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.