Everything posted by Thomas Magnum
-
Corbin 48 Knott County 14
Congrats Corbin on a nice district win. Best Wishes for Fritts, hope it is nothing serious and you return to the field of play as soon as possible.
-
Williamsburg @ Jenkins Predictions
And to Williamsburg and Lynn Camps credit they don't dodge the bigger schools.
-
Corbin/Knott County Central predictions
Corbin continues to improve and I think Knott Co has improved too, but they had alot farther to come than Corbin did. Corbin is a good solid football team and they appear to be getting better every week. They win this one big.
-
Harlan County vs Breathitt County
Holcomb verses Larkey........... That may be the best match up in this game. I think that both teams have nice athletes and a will to win, but it may come down to coaching. I look for one or the other to have to make a big decision during the game, like maybe going for two or going for it on fourth down. This will be a close game and it may come down to in game coaching decisions, if that it the case it could be a long night for the teams, fans and coaches with it going to multipy overtimes. I look for this to be the best game in the mountians this week.
-
Williamsburg @ Jenkins Predictions
Although Williamsburg has been known for its air attack, they are now becoming a team who can move the ball either through the air or on the ground. They win this game without break a good sweat.
-
Whitley County 54 North Laurel 21
I would agree that I don't know the man. I would hope that no coach would ever say something like that because all it does is incite the opposition. I would not agree that Whitley is the district favorite, I think that although they did dominate North, PCC will be a different story. They are the favorite, since they have already beaten the defending champ LCC. Only time will tell. Question: Why did North not make any adjustments to what Whitley was doing with the fullback? It appeared that they had athletes and speed but never really made changes or tried something to stop the running game of the Colonels. The Wardrup kid is a tremendous athlete but they need to develop somebody else or teams will sit on him. He had about 40 carries and threw the ball all but once I think and still had some success so if they had something to go with him they could be at least a spoiler for somebody, and if I can't win it I would take pleasure is spoiling it for someone else.
-
Lynn Camp/Dayton Predictions
Like alot of fans....jumping ship when the going gets tough. I would venture to say that Lynn Camp will have a chip on their shoulders after last years game. Coach Mitchell will want to make a point............ Lynn Camp 42 Dayton6
-
Williamsburg @ Jenkins Predictions
Why do you schedule a game like this, it does nothing to prepare you for the post season, although it does inflate stats and records.
-
Whitley County 54 North Laurel 21
I thought that Whitley came out and did pretty much what they wanted when they wanted and there was not a lot that North could do to stop them. At the start of the second half, North did stop them and then went and scored, but then Whitley regained their intensity and put a couple of more in the endzone. In the future they can't have a let down at any time, but honestly it is hard to maintain the level of intensity that they had in the first half, when you are physically dominating a team like they were, but they did a good job of regaining it when North scored.
-
Whitley County 54 North Laurel 21
You are right that is what he said in the Times Tribune, but what he said in the Corbin News Journal is that he looked forward to playing Whitley becuase they ran the ball and that was what North was know for, stopping the run. In fact some of the fans even stated that they thought it would be a feast. Go buy one or look it up on line if they have the between the lines posted on the internet. So yeah he did call them out and they responded. I am sure that he said he respected the Whitley fullback AFTER the game, especially after he had just run all over his team at will.
-
Whitley County 54 North Laurel 21
Whitley came out hitting on all cylinders, for a coach who said his team prided themselves in stopping the run in the Corbin News Journal North never solved the Fullback of Whitley County. It looked like the players for Whitley took it personally when the North coach called them out. Whitley scored at will and even kicked a long field goal to end the first half. Good win for the Colonels on the road!!!! With their performance tonight, I am going out on a limb and making them a solid TD favorite over "OPEN" next week.
-
Knox/Mccreary Predictions
Knox Central 42 McCreary 18
-
WYMT Mountain Top 10
Once the season starts, I think that polls should be based maybe 60% on what a team has done that week and the strength of the opponent, and 30% on what they have done in the past during the current season, and 10% on intangibles. My one gripe with most polls is that they can keep a team who has been beaten by another team below them in the poll. How can that be?!?!?!?, polls are supposed to based on who is playing well and if team A beats team B, then how can you say that team B is better, last time I checked score boards don't lie.:flame:
-
Rockcastle vs Bell Co. Game of the Week
Yeah they are playing a game this week, they are playing South Laurel, but Bell County is not on the schedule.
-
BG bids to host state finals
Like someone else said its all about me......... I like it in Louisville at Papa Johns Stadium because although not cozy it roomy and I can spread out with the group I go to with. I hate Change I have relatives in both cities but I like the ones in Louisville better. I hate Change Weather would really not be a factor as both cities are close and have relatively the same weather. I do stay for all the games I just dress properly. I hate Change. I have been to both stadiums and I just like Papa Johns better. I hate Change Although the other poster said it was all about him, it is really all about me and I want it in Louisville. Seriously, I could care less about the stadium or night life or anything else, I love going to watch 6 football games in two days and that is the focus for me.
-
Lynn Camp/Clinton County Predictions
On the other hand the younger ones might find they do like the game and stay for the rest of their high school years. I guess it is a gamble either way.
-
Lynn Camp/Clinton County Predictions
But can you, as a coach, depend on them?
-
Rockcastle vs Bell Co. Game of the Week
The following is a joke and if it hurts anyones feelings sorry in advance......if you have been a fan of Mt. Football you will get it. If it is at Bell field condtions could play a factor, with the wet field and all............. Once again that was a joke, not serious, and not making any judgements.
-
Lynn Camp/Clinton County Predictions
Numbers are good but do the ones you get out this time of year really have a chance of helping your team? Not being difficult just asking a quesiton, which I guess could actually be a thread on its own.
-
Lynn Camp/Clinton County Predictions
Good Luck to the Wildcats and stay healthy! Lynn Camp 31 Clinton Co. 12
-
Newport/Coal Grove (OH) Predictions
I don't know a thing but good luck to the Wildcats.
-
South Laurel/Corbin Predictions
Well I don't feel so dumb now.......Because we all know that Campbellfield would never pick SL.
-
Whitley County 52 Newport 12
nptwildcat, You are a true fan and I lilke the way you stay positive about your team, good luck the rest of the year I hope you all win them all!!!!
-
South Laurel/Corbin Predictions
The key factor may be time of possession. Corbin will move the ball on the ground and South will move ball through the air. Like Bear Bryant used to say when you throw the ball only three things can happen and two of them are bad. Corbin has some athletes in the secondary who can make plays and cause a couple of those bad things to happen. I think Corbin's ground game will be the deciding factor in the game, in that they will keep the ball away from the South offense for most of the night with long grinding punishing drives, that will take the wind out of the Cardinals.
-
South Laurel/Corbin Predictions
I hit the wrong button.....and I did not notice, heck everyone knows I am not the smartest person in the world.