Everything posted by footballfever
-
Next football re-alignment
I think they will let teams play up if it is geographically beneficial and does not create 6 team or 3 team districts. It will also go back to playing other district in playoffs instead of own, this could take place this year. I believe the realignment takes place every 2 years, which would be after this season.
-
Order of Seed for 50th. District???
Coin flip between Corbin and South for 1st and 2nd. Also coin flip in girls between SL and Whitley. Not sure when flip is.
-
McCreary Central 100 Whitley County 53
IMO I see nothing wrong with a coach wanting to score a couple more points for 100 and I also see nothing wrong with a coach holding the ball to stop it. I think the problem was the comments the Whitley coach made. He should just worry about coaching his team and not what the other coach is doing.
-
Williamsburg 62 Barbourville 58
Us Williamsburg people need you to keep posting. You do make good points. Sometimes free help may not be in the form of people you think you need. I know Coach Herron and other coaches have told people NO. A coach has to do what he thinks is best and sometimes it may not be what others agree with.
-
Williamsburg 62 Barbourville 58
Very good post. He has made mistakes but Wburg lost their top 2 scorers off last years team in Kilgor and Mccray, actually their best 2 players. I do think they have some talent on the team but they have improved from losing by 13 at home to Bville and beating them by 4 at Bville. As far as letting someone score 57 of 70 points I remember this coach, I believe his name was Rupp, who would say about some guy named Maravich " we'll let the boy get his as long as we win the game". Wburg won that game by about 10.
-
Williamsburg 62 Barbourville 58
Nice win for Coach Robinson and the Jackets on the road. Doubt many expected this.
-
2008 Whitley County
Will they run out of the same sets as last year. They ran mid-line in the playoff game some I believe.Thats 6 runnung backs you mentioned. Will they spread the field and try and throw to these guys also.
-
Tom Larkey to Harlan?
Larkey leaving Rock would be a huge surprise to me! Spring practice probably only 6 weeks away, someone will have alot of work to do.
-
2008 Whitley County
Who would be QB in 2008 if Labanion { for 1 reason or another } where not in the game and how would it change the offense this year.
-
Who is the best basketball official in your region?
Best in 13th..which may not be saying much..Tommy Greer..but I've only seen him call a few games
-
Who is the best basketball official in your region?
13th?????????????? OMG:confused:
-
Playoff change?
I saw in Lexington Paper I believe Sunday Jan 19 or 12 that Tackett said it was going to change back to the old way. That member schools where in favor of it by an overhelming majority.I believe was the words he used.
-
2008 Trinity
I've always understood there are usually over 100 freshmen playing football. Trinity usually graduates around 25-30 seniors. Are the Freshman cut from the team or do they usually just weed themself out?
-
Top 10 13th Region Players
Aaron Cunningham from Williamsburg is a good player who could be added to the list!
-
Opening game date
You can work around the heat but thats 7 full weeks of practice after dead period and prior to 1st game and 3 1\2 weeks prior to dead period. Thats ALOT of practice time.
-
Opening game date
2 weeks after Thanksgiving.
-
Playoff change?
Julian Tackett said it would change back to the old way.He didnt say in the quote if it would be 2008 or 2009.
-
Lexington Christian fined over financial aid to athletes
NO, it means nothing more than if you mess up next year we will put you on double top secret probation.:thumb:
-
Lexington Christian fined over financial aid to athletes
Some of us would like to "SKIM" the report. Also, it would only make sence if the 16 was really 7 and only 2 non athletes were involved in four years then in at least 2 of those years it was only athletes that received aide.
-
Lexington Christian fined over financial aid to athletes
Well tell what is true? We read the newspaper, what do you read and where do you get the "REAL" story? All you are doing is spreading grapevine information.
-
Lexington Christian fined over financial aid to athletes
:thumb:
-
Lexington Christian fined over financial aid to athletes
So, make all kids pay to go to school? If they are not athletic dont give them a scholarship, or AID. If they can't afford it let them be home schooled?:thumb: That should work
-
Lexington Christian fined over financial aid to athletes
Well, where can we read the report? Why would they report 16 of 18 when there was only 7?
-
Whitley 54 Williamsburg 51
I agree Bubba, moving Labanion was a good move. I also agree with Ramblin. Whitley was aloowed to play with their hands alot on D. Whitley played full court man the entire game and Wburg played zone. I havent seen the FT stats but I would guess close to 35 for Whitley and less than 10 for Wburg. ANyone know for sure? It was avery good game but the way it was called benefited Whitley a great deal.
-
Eastern TN All Stars 23 Eastern KY All Stars 13 (Border Bowl)
My bad. One person did say it was a replacement. I would like to say I was one of the skeptical ones when the game was in the making but the outcome was very very positive.