Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nkufan88

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nkufan88

  1. I'm not sold on Mayfield...He didn't impress me last year and he doesn't have the upside of Palmer...Also although I don't see it as a carrying violation Mayfield does have an awkward looking dribble and it may be called more than just the first couple weeks of the season...
  2. Young in terms of experience is what I meant Walt:p However there bench is young in class and experience and I think Palmer and Peterson should be starting...
  3. Very good point some of the past Holmes teams probably would have lost their cool, maybe blown the game and picked up a few T's as well...I love to see the young guys keep their cool and fight through some adversity...
  4. I'm not blaming the refs at all but they pretty much took away the strength of Holmes this year and that's having quicker guards with better handles than most of the teams they will match up against...I believe it becomes a problem when a High School kid has such a quick crossover that it catches even the supposedly QUALIFIED OFFICIAL off guard and makes him call a palming violation...It can really mess with a young kids confidence when your taking away his strength and that's being quicker with the ball than his defender and apparently to quick for the Officials eyes...However you can do a crossover dribble in slow motion and it's simply a crossover, no whistle blown:rolleyes: No need to change what your doing young Mr. Hayes, keep your head up...Other than that their were the typical blown calls such as the travel on a saved rebound that would have been a nasty dunk by Cris Hayes at the other end and an obvious up and down blown call on BB, but all in all this Bulldog's fan is happy to see such a young team come away with a W despite all this ^ !!!
  5. Holmes will be quicker and more athletic than almost every team on their schedule but they won't run away with too many games...Holmes is very young and under a new coach, but even if they were a veteran team such as last year they still wouldn't run away with too many games, not too many teams run away with games in NKY...Holmes was much quicker and more athletic than BB as well but that was less than a 10pt game at the buzzer, that's just how games in NKY typically are even though Holmes dominated BB they still won by less than 10:thumb:
  6. And they executed it very well :banana:
  7. Bulldogs should win this one by 10plus, I'll say Holmes by 15...
  8. Kuntz will have to step in at QB and I would put Swanson at RB because he is strong, fast and low to the ground typically a good mixture for a successful RB...Unless kids step up I believe the Neers will have pretty many kids going both ways next year, unlike this year because most of their best players returning for next year played primarily defense this year...I believe you will see Pinkelton, Webb, Bowling, Swanson and Mills play a significant role on Offense next year...
  9. Rice picked up 2 early fouls and he may have been scared to dribble the ball after seeing how the refs were when Holmes guards had the ball:D I seriously couldn't believe some of the carrying violations that were called :eyeonyou: The only explanation I have as to why Holmes was called for so many carrying violations compared to 1 for BB was that the Holmes guards had such quick handles the Refs had to say to themselves wow, How did he do that??? He must of carried the ball:laugh:
  10. I was actually very impressed with this young Holmes team...Hayes came out of the gate on fire and nobody could guard him or keep him from scoring except for the officials...Every time Hayes crossed his defender up the official called a carry thus CARRYING over to Hayes play the rest of the game as the officials got in his head I do believe because he could no longer play his game, same goes for Mayfield...I have never seen so many carries called in one game Mayfield was doing an inside out dribble move every time he got called for a carry which in my opinion is just the opposite of a carry, While Brossart got away with obvious slow motion carries all game with the exception of one...All in all good game for the Bulldogs they dominated this from the start regardless of the score and might have got a little timid...Hayes impressed me but most impressive to me was Gray he can score at will if he wants to and I was very impressed with Palmer, Peterson, Knox and #33 from the JV team I forget his name...Rice is just a freak of an athlete watch out when he puts it all together...
  11. What about Nate Powell?
  12. Doss is a banger and he had post position many times and they didn't get him the ball...I agree they need to get it into him more and then he can kick it back out to Mr.Automatic Matt Reilly...
  13. nationalsportsrankings had it Newcath 30 Owensboro Cath 8...it's usually pretty consistent
  14. Screen-shot of the simulation I did on NationalSportsRankings.com:clap:
  15. I'd like to know how many free throws GC shot, I have to believe at least half or more of there points came at the Charity Stripe on mostly terrible calls...
  16. The Gallatin Co players were being bailed out all night with horrible foul calls...I have never seen a game called so tight on one side and not the other...Sure they called a few fouls here and there on GC but SK at one point I believe had 9 fouls to GC 1...SK looked alot better today than on Mon IMO...Gallatin had pretty decent guards but they both got away with a number of traveling calls as well as obvious carries...Riley and Sampson are a heck of a backcourt...
  17. Not before a tribute to everyones favorite poster...SK would manhandle Mayfield and Beechwood
  18. SK is just to deep then if this box score is any indication of what Gallatin will bring against SK...SK had nine guys score against Harrison Co all of which scored more points than 3 points...The big three for Gallatin are going to need to step up...
  19. 48 points will not beat SK, not even close IMO...Way to much firepower for SK, this game will be much like the SK/Harrison Co game...
  20. Who are the other three...It sounds like only two scored against Collins...
  21. My point was I have only seen two of the young men for Gallatin mentioned in this thread and i'm sure there are more...Lets hear what Gallatin has to offer it has two be more than two guys...
  22. Stop living in the past brother, it doesn't matter anymore...The past four years aren't relevant new players are now suiting up for both teams and Trent Steiner is a very good coach for SK btw...
  23. Seriously SK couldn't guard Harrison Co in the half court:cool: Take the glasses off Harrison Co had some of the shakiest guards I have ever seen at the high school level, I think Stubbs was his name he had many travels and obvious carries with the ball that were not called...My feeling after this game was that I felt like I was watching a JV or Freshman game the first half by both teams, but in the second half SK got it going but Harrison still looked like a Freshman or JV team...The majority of Harrison's points came from the charity stripe and some really akward looking shots from #33 with the shaggy hair, he was the type of player that anything he threw up went in and you just say wow lol...
  24. After seeing that Gallatin has no size I'm going to increase my prediction to SK by 20...Another reason is SK is a very deep team that will wear you down with their press and I'm only hearing of two players for Gallatin that are any good...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.