Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HSBallFan78

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HSBallFan78

  1. Are the two Jackson kids (Chase and Chad) brothers? I thought the tall one played for Bryan Station a few years ago.
  2. Having watched both, I would think Cov Catholic. However, that is what makes sports, especially high school, exciting. I also thought Mason would beat Scott by double digits. So ignore my predictions!
  3. We'll have to see how this plays out legally. Innocent until found guilty. However, I am surprised the judge let him play, considering he didn't stick to his agreement. If they had asked the judge first, then OK. Most judges don't like being ignored of their orders/agreements. Doing drugs is bad enough. If he was selling, then he needs to do some time if found guilty. Yes, it may impact his basketball career. But long term, this kid needs to learn a lesson if found guilty. Many things in life much more important than basketball.
  4. So for basketball, you could for example, potentially play varsity in grades 6-12 as long as you didn't repeat a grade. And as long as you don't turn 19 before August 1st? Thanks everyone. I've always heard different "interpretations" over the years at games when talking with folks about players.
  5. I saw Simpson play before he got hurt. Good player and lot of potential
  6. What are the KHSAA rules regarding how many years of varsity ball you can play in high school? (5) Also, is there an upper age limit? (19) Thanks....
  7. Seen them play at Station tournament and KOB. Henry Clay has a lot of talent. But sometimes they don't seem to get the best out of it. Especially the seniors. Not sure if they haven't bought into the new coaching style of Brown or not. (maybe like UK) I have seen their JV and Freshmen teams play this year. WOW! They are going to be good in a year or two. Of course, very tough district with Scott and Bryan Station.
  8. Good win. I thought Boone was on a strong roll.
  9. Congrats. Good accomplishment in your junior year. Seen him play 5-6 times last couple of years. I love his hustle.
  10. All kids develop differently and at different rates and times. As long as it is allowed by rule, I say OK. I have seen some kids make a big improvement between junior and senior years. Also, you might have a senior laden team with all starters. So just depends. I think it is OK. By the way, is there any rule on how many years of varsity you can play in High School? I saw a game this year that had a 7th grader playing varsity. I thought one of the Scott County kids from last year couldn't play because he played varsity too many years. Also, is there some upper age limit? (19) Thanks...
  11. Saw him play. Very good player. Hope he makes it back before end of the season.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.