Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 Players in 9th Region

Featured Replies

1. Arrez Henderson-Holmes-Possibly the best athlete and defender in KY. Leader of the #1 Holmes Bulldogs. Scores when he wants.

2. Greg McGraw-Highlands-By sitting out last season he made people foget how good he was supposed to be. Great scorer and defender. Needs to stay healthy.

3. Nick Simpson-Highlands-Out with a broken hand till late Feb. Signed with NC A&T and they got steal of good guard.

4. Corey Sorrell-Holy Cross-His off season growth spurt makes him even better. He goes from a spot up 3pt shooter to a all around good player.

5. Michael Grimes-CovCath-Get him the ball and he will score. CovCath's offense needs to revolve around this senior who is also a defensive standout.

6. David McFarland-Boone-Injuries have led to his slow start. People around HS basketball know that this 6'4" SG is an all around player.

7. Mitch Shover-CovCath-He's the best true PG in the 9th region. Follows the shadows and play alot like Nestheide and Tierney.

8. Luke Maile-CovCath-Team leader. Great rebounder and takes the ball to the basket very strong. Not affraid of anyone or any shot.

9. Todd Krohman-Boone-Best unknown senior. Leader of a young talented Boone team. Top 5 scorer so far in NKY. Very good 3pt shooter.

10. Ricardo Johnson-Holmes-Very unselfish. Nice shooter, rebounder, passer, and defender. Him and his brother Jeramiah play are a major reason why Holmes is playing so well.

 

Players to watch:

Mike Gabbard-Boone-Still growing into one of the best players in the sophmore loaded class.

 

Stephen Love-Villa-Scores a lot of points on a much improved Villa team.

 

J.D Schmerge-CovCath-Quite possibly is becoming the next Danny Noll. He is a tremendous 3pt shooter and rebounder.

 

Chris Bondick-CovCath-When he recovers from a broken arm, he is a scoring guard for CovCath and a floor general.

 

Erik Thomas-Conner-Speaking of floor general. A spitting image of Coach Hicks past PG Brett LaFalette. He'll have them ready for post season.

 

Josh Craddock-Lloyd-Great ballhandler and takes the ball to the basket very well.

 

Alex Hall-Beechwood-Possibly the best 3pt shooter in NKY.

 

Micah Pugh-Conner-Very underrated big man. Has good post moves.

 

Cameron Speed-St. Henry-Leader and scorer. Last name says it all.

 

Up and Coming players to watch:

Elijah Pittman-Holmes

Ryan Popp-Boone

Stephen Kowolonek-Highlands

Jamon Greene-Newport

Ben Bessler-St. Henry

Andy Earls-Boone

Tate Nichols-Ryle

Mitch McLeish-Ryle

  • Replies 144
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to up and coming players:

 

1.) Blake Bryan - point guard on much improved Villa Madonna team. Great scorer and hard to stop.

 

 

 

Best player you've never heard of:

 

1.) Brian Hamilton - also a Villa Madonna player. Great rebounder, defender and can put it in the basket when he needs to.

Its Steven McFarland and I would put Kowolonek right up there in the 2nd set of ten players for sure. He has shown he is a player and there is no up and coming about him. But a nice list.

Probably the most inaccurate post I have ever seen on BGP. A few names stand out but Corey Sorrell? Listen, the kid is hands down the best talent in N. Ky. Your list does not even include Shina Giwa....wow....

Probably the most inaccurate post I have ever seen on BGP. A few names stand out but Corey Sorrell? Listen, the kid is hands down the best talent in N. Ky. Your list does not even include Shina Giwa....wow....

 

This is by far the most inaccurate post I have ever seen on BGP. This list is nearly perfect, I agree with Giwa, but you are way off base with the Sorrel Comment. I'm not bashing him at all, he is where he needs to be on the list.

Probably the most inaccurate post I have ever seen on BGP. A few names stand out but Corey Sorrell? Listen, the kid is hands down the best talent in N. Ky. Your list does not even include Shina Giwa....wow....

 

Then why did Arrez Henderson (5'11) shut down Sorrell (6'4) allowing only 6 points dispite the height advantage?

Then why did Arrez Henderson (5'11) shut down Sorrell (6'4) allowing only 6 points dispite the height advantage?

 

I was just about ready to bring up the same point.

Then why did Arrez Henderson (5'11) shut down Sorrell (6'4) allowing only 6 points dispite the height advantage?

 

IF being shut down by Arrez forbids you from being at the top of the list, we'd have no list.

I have seen Sorrell a couple times and I would take the other three ahead of him all day long.. Sorrell is a nice player that hasn't grown into his body yet..He looks very akward out on the court...I think McGraw when healthy is the best player in the region...:thumb::thumb:

IF being shut down by Arrez forbids you from being at the top of the list, we'd have no list.

 

True, but to stake you claim as a top player, it helps you cause if you come up big in big games.

Sorrell is good player but IMO not the best. I think the list is pretty tough to argue with but 1 question, what are you basing your list on? Points scored, rebounds, handles????

 

up and comers or 2nd list

Darnell/Newport decent big man

Giwa/Holy Cross solid point guard

Pangallo/NCC can play with any soph on this list.

Connor/NCC can shoot with or better anyone in the 9th

Helmer/Ryle will be there (up and comer)

 

I'd take Gabbard over Shover for his distribution and athletism!

I saw Simpson play before he got hurt. Good player and lot of potential

Quite possibly the worst list I have ever seen.

 

What do you mean?

  • Author

Thanks for all the great input. I did this because there just isn't enought talk about 9th Region basketball players on here. There is way too much in between junk. I was hoping to get some reaction from people. Maybe even hear about some players I haven't seen yet.

 

The list was based primarily on guys I've seen play. I've have seen every player on this list except for 5 players. I base my rankings on the overal game of the individual. (Offensive and Defensive skills. Leadership. Shooting ability. Scoring. Rebounding. etc) If I was drafting these kids out of high school for a team I would have my draft board looking like this.

 

ON MY DEFENSE:

If Corey Sorrell is the best talent in NKY then why is he going to a D-2 school and Nick Simpson is going to a D-1 school???

Your correct about 1 thing. Giwa probably should be on the second list of guys.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.