Everything posted by can't play
-
NewCath 65 Simon Kenton 43
Trust me I understand. I don't believe for 1 minute that there is a high school coach that doesn't care about winnng or losing. The prove their points to players by benching them but don't tell me they don't care about the win. Yes many will say it but I've been around it a very long time and it's a comment that helps them over come issues. It's the coaches way out!!!!! The one thing I'll give you about coach Stiener. He doesn't take any crap!!!!
-
NewCath 65 Simon Kenton 43
I'm curious of the official minutes played. That would answer this questin for us both. I feel like he played alot more than what you think?
-
NewCath 65 Simon Kenton 43
He got several chances! He's just not good enough to take on a guy like Giesler. On offense if Geisler would have just bellied up and made Meagley play with his back to the basket instead of playing 1/2 man and letting Meagley drop step dribble and shoot meagley might not have scored. Coach Steiner was trying to find and answer and there was none because if Geisler was stopped Lipscomb and Connor might have dropped 25 each!!!!
-
Does High School Need a 45 second shot clock?
I agree NKU20!!! The comments above that say watching college players shooting 3 pointers and dunking the ball, no short jumpers ect..... Well that leaves the question. Don't the high scholl players want to play college so they watch on TV and .......... monkey see monkey do!!!!!!!! Shot clock good or bad if a high school player is palying a slow game his chances of colleg ball are cut done aren't they? A 45 second clock won't hurt the game in high school IMO.
-
Feb 15 2008
If you're practicing year round before 2nd or 3rd year in high school, chances are you won't be playing college ball if that's your goal. If the kid wants to go let him/her. If mom and dad are looking for a baby sitting service or dad's trying to develop his next MLB rookie of the year you're dreaming and hurting your child!
-
NewCath 65 Simon Kenton 43
I understand that Meagley had 2 fouls trying to stop Geisler early that got him benched. Not capping on Meagley here but Geisler is big strong and alot quicker than Meagley which caused Meagely to foul him. Don't even know when meaglety picked up his 3rd or even got a 4th but the damage was done. If NCC plays the final 3+ minutes they win by 30. SK ran 8-10 deep which they've been doing all year thus far so it doesn't appear their came planned changed at all!!!!!!
-
NewCath 65 Simon Kenton 43
Who are you kidding???????????? A high school game not about winning or losing! Those comments are a bunch of ???? Everyone wants to win and trys to win. NCC just beat SK and Giesler destroyed Meagley. He just couldn't keep up period! Didn't see all the game but from what I understand Feisler did what he wanted and SK couldn't keep up with Connor!!!
-
NewCath 65 Simon Kenton 43
I heard D Geisler was a warrior and Connor continued to be on.
-
NewCath 65 Simon Kenton 43
Why surprised at the margin NCC has been playing tough! Any stats???
-
Gallatin Co. Vs Anderson Co. Predictions
Gallatin Co. proved they are for real last night! GC by 4
-
Newport Catholic 66 North College Hill 64
Of course Kiernan is a tough player to replace but I think what NKU20 is saying that NCC has several options and don't need to rely on the offense not starting until 1 player is in it. This is not a knock on anyone just a different team. Coach B and company are doing a good job with this team!
-
Gallatin County 70 Simon Kenton 67
How will Meagley handle the big boy at NewCath tonight?
-
Newport Catholic 66 North College Hill 64
I agree with you NKU20. This team appears to be well balanced in their attack. Fantastic shooting, very good handlers, and some beef on the inside. Not sure what's going on with a few of these posts but I think NCC is looking pretty good.
-
Ryle 70 Scott High 43
Sometimes as a COACH there is a time to get on your guys and challenge them when you know they can do better and a there's a time to realize that they've given all they've got and it's time to back off and not demoralize them. Coach Carr is a good coach and good person and I sure he was making the best of a tough situation!!! Ryle was bound to explode sometime and Scott just happen to get tonight!
-
Gallatin County 70 Simon Kenton 67
YES I DID and I'm eating my crow!!!!! Great Job Wildcats!!!
-
Front runner in the 8th?
Don't count out our boys from GALLATIN COUNTY!!!!:banana:
-
Gallatin County 70 Simon Kenton 67
it was a fantastic game!!!! Maddox looked tough as usual, wasn't to sure about the substitution when a soph guard came in I believe Gallatin was up 5 then down 4 pretty quick then Maddox came back in? Close call but way to hang Wildcats. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!:ylsuper:
-
Ryle 57 Glen Este 36
well this could go on for a while! We all know what opinions are like????????? What is Ryle's record so far? They better find something that works, a big school like that shouldn't struggle unless they're building with underclassmen? Mcliesh(soph)Coleman(soph) Helmer(Jr.). Come Jan if they're still losing bench the Sr class and start building!!!!:laugh:
-
Best shooters in NKY/State
Sorrell is good but man he shoots alot???? Throw up as many as he does and you're gonna score afew??? Shover is ok but not near the top in NKY.
-
Ky. basketball or Ohio ?
mortgagegeek you make sense and I agree with you about the all star game.:thumb:
-
Ky. basketball or Ohio ?
does the Ohio Ky all star game at Thomas More help answer the question? Hasn't Ohio knocked the heck out of Ky several years in row???
-
Ky. basketball or Ohio ?
The best way to compare this might be to play by class like Ohio does anyway. Example NCC Vs. NCH same size schools good comparison. Who would CovCath, Highlands, Holmes meet up with and how would they compare?
-
Louisville Manual 92 Covington Holy Cross 86
The Indians play a very tough schedule!
-
Simon Kenton @ NewCath Predictions 12/22
Coach Stiener always seems to make his players play way above their potential! How big is Meagley? Maybe SK will play a zone and Lipscomb, Connor can score 25 each!!!:dancingpa I'm sure the NCC defenders will be ready! Geisler is 6'4 and won't get pushed around by anybody!!!!!! He's one strong and tough player!
-
Best shooters in NKY/State
Like I said in an earlier post this is a stat question. Maybe wait until the stats become available for each region then ask again!!!