Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 70 Scott High 43

Featured Replies

The Eagles drop to 2-5 and 4 losses in a row.

 

Anyone at the game tonight have any input to give?

The Eagles played a close first half. They were outplayed the second half though. I saw a few decent players on Scotts team and they played with heart. It was the first time I have watched them this year. I was not impressed with the head coach at all. Good luck to the Eagles and I wish them the best of luck. Go RYLE!!!!!

The Eagles played a close first half. They were outplayed the second half though. I saw a few decent players on Scotts team and they played with heart. It was the first time I have watched them this year. I was not impressed with the head coach at all. Good luck to the Eagles and I wish them the best of luck. Go RYLE!!!!!

 

Funny you should mention that. At the Mason Co game, once things got out of hand, there wasn't much he could say or do. You are outmanned, the best you can hope for is that your kids continue to play hard and learn from the experience.

 

With that said, there was a fast break for the Royals at the end of the game, even though the game was well out of hand, he called timeout.

 

The kids walked over and he looked at them and said:

 

"Did you see that pass, did you see what he just did?"

 

On the fast break, it was two on one and a nice pass to get the easy layup.

 

I think it's difficult to say how good or bad a coach is based on your team being flat out "outmanned" each game. This team will get better as the year goes on, it's just going to take a year or two for these kids to get some experience.

Funny you should mention that. At the Mason Co game, once things got out of hand, there wasn't much he could say or do. You are outmanned, the best you can hope for is that your kids continue to play hard and learn from the experience.

 

With that said, there was a fast break for the Royals at the end of the game, even though the game was well out of hand, he called timeout.

 

The kids walked over and he looked at them and said:

 

"Did you see that pass, did you see what he just did?"

 

On the fast break, it was two on one and a nice pass to get the easy layup.

 

I think it's difficult to say how good or bad a coach is based on your team being flat out "outmanned" each game. This team will get better as the year goes on, it's just going to take a year or two for these kids to get some experience.

 

 

Does Scott play mostly underclassmen? I thought they had several senior starters.

 

Good moe builder for Ryle, as they get ready to go play BIG MOE tommorrow.

 

As for Scott, it looks like it may be a long long winter in Taylor Mill.

[/b]

 

 

Does Scott play mostly underclassmen? I thought they had several senior starters.

 

Good moe builder for Ryle, as they get ready to go play BIG MOE tommorrow.

 

As for Scott, it looks like it may be a long long winter in Taylor Mill.

 

Good question, I know they lost their entire starting lineup from last year due to graduation. So any players on this year's team, if they were around last year, I don't know how much experience they got.

The Eagles played a close first half. They were outplayed the second half though. I saw a few decent players on Scotts team and they played with heart. It was the first time I have watched them this year. I was not impressed with the head coach at all. Good luck to the Eagles and I wish them the best of luck. Go RYLE!!!!!

 

Welcome to the site.Caoch Carr is one of the top coaches in the area.I know it's your opinion and that's what this site is for.But in a case like this you won't win many fans here.:irked:

Sometimes as a COACH there is a time to get on your guys and challenge them when you know they can do better and a there's a time to realize that they've given all they've got and it's time to back off and not demoralize them. Coach Carr is a good coach and good person and I sure he was making the best of a tough situation!!! Ryle was bound to explode sometime and Scott just happen to get tonight!

The Eagles drop to 2-5 and 4 losses in a row.

 

Anyone at the game tonight have any input to give?

 

 

Only the second time I have seen Scott this year (Lewis Co the other) and Scott was able to play Ryle close thru three quarters.

 

Ryle was much more physical than Scott and Scott took some bad shots when pressured and turned it over. Scott continues to play a lot of young kids with two sophs and a freshmen playing a lot of minutes.

 

It looks like they are trying to find the right combinations. I think the center (Gligorovich??) played well tonight. Scott really struggled at the PG position. Just my two cents but the offense runs better when they have the freshmen Pg in the game as he tends to get other players looks but he struggled on the defensive side trying to keep Ahern in front of him.

 

I think when Adkins gets back from his injury that will help the PG position. Carr is a good coach but probably not an easy coach to play for and I think the young players will continue to improve as the season goes forward.

  • Author
Only the second time I have seen Scott this year (Lewis Co the other) and Scott was able to play Ryle close thru three quarters./QUOTE]

 

How could Scott play Ryle close thru 3 quarters and get blown out by almost 30 points? What did Ryle do in the 4th quarter that built this enormous lead?

Only the second time I have seen Scott this year (Lewis Co the other) and Scott was able to play Ryle close thru three quarters./QUOTE]

 

How could Scott play Ryle close thru 3 quarters and get blown out by almost 30 points? What did Ryle do in the 4th quarter that built this enormous lead?

 

Ryle did not shoot the ball well from the free throw line and that kept the game closer than it should have been thru the third quarter. Scott only scored two points in the 4th quarter. Scott missed some shots and Ryle got some run outs in the fourth.

 

I think Ryles physical style of play wore Scott down at the end.

My Eagles are young this year, and hopefully Coach Carr can rally the troops.

The last two years Coach Carr has been able to rally the Eagles to the 10th Region Tourney...

Scott needs Adkins back in a hurry. Murray can't run the offense for Scott he has to much trouble bringing the ball up court against a press. The Smith kid seems to handle the pressure better so if Adkins can't go then you should let the Smith kid play the point.

Scott needs Adkins back in a hurry. Murray can't run the offense for Scott he has to much trouble bringing the ball up court against a press. The Smith kid seems to handle the pressure better so if Adkins can't go then you should let the Smith kid play the point.

 

Any news when Adkins will get back? Senior PG should be a big boost. The freshmen can get a lot of good minutes as his back up and get a lot of valuble experience for next year.

  • Author
My Eagles are young this year, and hopefully Coach Carr can rally the troops.

The last two years Coach Carr has been able to rally the Eagles to the 10th Region Tourney...

 

The last two Scott teams didn't need Coach Carr to rally them, they were playing good basketball throughout the entire year.

The last two Scott teams didn't need Coach Carr to rally them, they were playing good basketball throughout the entire year.

 

I guess they just don't have the "GUARD" play that they had last year??:cry:

 

Support Coach Carr and the Eagles or jump to another ship. Carr gets the most of his players, and for the most part not only has the respect of most of the kids that play for him, but most importantly has the respect of his peers.

 

So, as my mama always told me "if you don't have anything good to say than why say anything?" Support or move on:walk:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.